My conversion...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: My conversion...
(08-02-2014 02:54 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 12:02 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ... dang, he deliberately went after a kid in a vulnerable place? Could you link me that thread? That's low. That's LOW.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...h-a-pastor

I know I'm just attacking the guy a lot but I've been watching all of his threads and he's really fucking shifty. ... I know we have theists on here who are blatant about their beliefs and blatant about proselytising but that's just it. They're blatant, you know where you stand with them and whilst it may get heated on here from time to time, it's an atheist forum, these guys know what they're letting themselves in for and we hammer them, usually though it doesn't go beyond a level of rambunctious and enthusiastic piss taking. I often get the impression that a large portion of our thick skinned theists don't take it to heart and that's good because I'm sure irl I'd probably get on with a lot of them, especially the ones who give as good as they get Smile

With this guy though ... I don't know if it's just me but I get a sense from his overall posts he's a bit more bonkers than your average theist. He seems locked firmly in to his own personal delusion that came about whilst asphyxiating himself in his sleep, he then goes on to 'offer' information via his 'questions' threads with an implied undertone that 'those atheists have obviously never made a serious spiritual enquiry', type of approach. He talks about his conversion with an undertone of you guys try A/S/K (but I don't need to, God talks to me in my sleep cos I'm special) ... When challenged on any point he twists, turns and dances at every opportunity and deliberately reinterprets whatever he reads to facilitate whatever lunacy he feels like spouting.

That thread I have linked you for example, he bools in there with his 'oooh yeah great serious questions' diatribe and without invite starts to systematically spam the thread to pieces with his proselytising, self serving egocentric waffle. Anyone can see that is not the purpose of the thread. Even a semi-functional human being with a rudimentary intelligence can see it's a young person forming their own strong beliefs who is not looking forward to a potentially uncomfortable conversation. A conversation they only wanted with their dad. So why can Drick head not fathom, that if the kid only wants to speak to his father and not the pastor, he certainly doesn't want to get on the interwebz and endure a gattling gun of Bible puns from an asphyxiating loon? ... The thing is, he did KNOW, where us and even the other theists on here saw it, so did he.

Some atheists answered him with helpful advice, the theists on here left him alone because they know it would be bad form to jump in there to proselytise because they are on the whole, good people who saw potential vulnerability. Drick saw that vulnerability too ... That's my point.

This one loves himself. He has no scruples about whom he chooses to preach at, has had a special magic asphyxiation dream, believes evidence doesn't apply to him but will lead us to the light with his message of A/S/K the dude has a fucking Messiah complex! Fortunately he's thick as fuck with the charisma of a steaming curry shite so I can't see Jones town happening again in the foreseeable future.
Hold on to your seat buppie we's just gett'n started.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 10:46 PM
So how has being a Christian made you are better person? You said you used to bully and torment them at school, you freely admit you are still angry at life and you don't care. I fail to see how your dogma has changed what appears to be an inherently unpleasant person.

Do you just feel better about yourself if you think other people agree with you? If so them this is not an emotionally healthy place for you to be.
[+] 1 user Likes Pippen's post
08-02-2014, 10:48 PM
(08-02-2014 12:52 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 02:54 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...h-a-pastor

I know I'm just attacking the guy a lot but I've been watching all of his threads and he's really fucking shifty. ... I know we have theists on here who are blatant about their beliefs and blatant about proselytising but that's just it. They're blatant, you know where you stand with them and whilst it may get heated on here from time to time, it's an atheist forum, these guys know what they're letting themselves in for and we hammer them, usually though it doesn't go beyond a level of rambunctious and enthusiastic piss taking. I often get the impression that a large portion of our thick skinned theists don't take it to heart and that's good because I'm sure irl I'd probably get on with a lot of them, especially the ones who give as good as they get Smile

With this guy though ... I don't know if it's just me but I get a sense from his overall posts he's a bit more bonkers than your average theist. He seems locked firmly in to his own personal delusion that came about whilst asphyxiating himself in his sleep, he then goes on to 'offer' information via his 'questions' threads with an implied undertone that 'those atheists have obviously never made a serious spiritual enquiry', type of approach. He talks about his conversion with an undertone of you guys try A/S/K (but I don't need to, God talks to me in my sleep cos I'm special) ... When challenged on any point he twists, turns and dances at every opportunity and deliberately reinterprets whatever he reads to facilitate whatever lunacy he feels like spouting.

That thread I have linked you for example, he bools in there with his 'oooh yeah great serious questions' diatribe and without invite starts to systematically spam the thread to pieces with his proselytising, self serving egocentric waffle. Anyone can see that is not the purpose of the thread. Even a semi-functional human being with a rudimentary intelligence can see it's a young person forming their own strong beliefs who is not looking forward to a potentially uncomfortable conversation. A conversation they only wanted with their dad. So why can Drick head not fathom, that if the kid only wants to speak to his father and not the pastor, he certainly doesn't want to get on the interwebz and endure a gattling gun of Bible puns from an asphyxiating loon? ... The thing is, he did KNOW, where us and even the other theists on here saw it, so did he.

Some atheists answered him with helpful advice, the theists on here left him alone because they know it would be bad form to jump in there to proselytise because they are on the whole, good people who saw potential vulnerability. Drick saw that vulnerability too ... That's my point.

This one loves himself. He has no scruples about whom he chooses to preach at, has had a special magic asphyxiation dream, believes evidence doesn't apply to him but will lead us to the light with his message of A/S/K the dude has a fucking Messiah complex! Fortunately he's thick as fuck with the charisma of a steaming curry shite so I can't see Jones town happening again in the foreseeable future.

Okay, having read through that thread, the 16-year-old could definitely take care of himself and wasn't in as vulnerable a spot as I was reading into the account. But yeah, you're right, he completely misread the context. His comments were neither solicited nor appropriate.... and yeah, I totally agree. He's here to proselytize. The fact that he says otherwise tells me only that he's lying when he proselytizes.
The boy asked questions of a religious nature. All of my efforts were contained with in the subject matter of the question posed. That's not proselytizing. That's just answering questions. Which btw is the stated reason I am here.
08-02-2014, 10:49 PM
(08-02-2014 10:07 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Ok, here's the difference. Your timeline:
(07-02-2014 10:19 AM)Drich Wrote:  Shortly there after bad crap happened, I blamed God.

Nothing happened

Then I started to question God

nothing happened

I turned on God,

Nothing happened,

I began to hate God,

Nothing heppened

actual deconversion timeline:

Shortly there after bad crap happened, I blamed God.

Nothing happened

nothing happened

Then I researched random things and decided God had no place in my life/God doesn't exist

nothing happened

Then I forgot about God and just lived

nothing happened

I felt pretty free

the end.

See? No turning, no hate. Only freedom from the opression of a creepy ceiling cat watching your every move and judging you for things that don't matter.

The. What are you doing on this web site talking about God?
08-02-2014, 10:51 PM
(08-02-2014 10:48 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 12:52 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Okay, having read through that thread, the 16-year-old could definitely take care of himself and wasn't in as vulnerable a spot as I was reading into the account. But yeah, you're right, he completely misread the context. His comments were neither solicited nor appropriate.... and yeah, I totally agree. He's here to proselytize. The fact that he says otherwise tells me only that he's lying when he proselytizes.
The boy asked questions of a religious nature. All of my efforts were contained with in the subject matter of the question posed. That's not proselytizing. That's just answering questions. Which btw is the stated reason I am here.

He asked RHETORICAL questions. And he didn't ask YOU. No one gives a fuck what your excuse for being here is. Yes you were and are pandering your bullshit superstitious fairy story, and no it wasn't and isn't welcome.

[Image: go-fuck-yourself-disney-with-a-vengeance....gif?w=480]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
08-02-2014, 10:51 PM
(08-02-2014 10:46 PM)Pippen Wrote:  So how has being a Christian made you are better person? You said you used to bully and torment them at school, you freely admit you are still angry at life and you don't care. I fail to see how your dogma has changed what appears to be an inherently unpleasant person.

Do you just feel better about yourself if you think other people agree with you? If so them this is not an emotionally healthy place for you to be.

All in due time my dear, I need to conclude the open threads I have before I open another can of worms.
08-02-2014, 10:54 PM
(08-02-2014 10:51 PM)Drich Wrote:  All in due time my dear....

You can give up this faux-condescending bullshit any time, you brain-challenged patronizing fucktard.

08-02-2014, 11:08 PM
(08-02-2014 10:51 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 10:46 PM)Pippen Wrote:  So how has being a Christian made you are better person? You said you used to bully and torment them at school, you freely admit you are still angry at life and you don't care. I fail to see how your dogma has changed what appears to be an inherently unpleasant person.

All in due time my dear, I need to conclude the open threads I have before I open another can of worms.

Simple questions. Personally, I don't think it has made you a better person. Maybe it gives you some comfort, but now you just have different targets for your malignancy. People don't really change that much. Their focus shifts but the behaviours remain the same, they just cloak them in something else.

Far be it from me to questions other peoples mental issues, but fuck it, why not?
You sound like someone who has always been the 'other' and the easiest way to cope with that emotionally is to rail against those you see as rejecting you. You get to take a measure of them and see them as flawed as then you don't have to look at your own flaws.

I know someone who I was floored to find out she was a Christian. As in "You? for real?" You who gets drunk and throws pot plants at peoples heads? Who goes to peoples houses at 2am to scream abuse at them for perceived slights. The whole crux of her story is that since she has been saved she still does those things but now it doesn't matter as she gets a free pass and the lord with forgive her. No effort has gone into actually being a better person, now they just think they are.
[+] 4 users Like Pippen's post
08-02-2014, 11:11 PM
(08-02-2014 11:08 PM)Pippen Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 10:51 PM)Drich Wrote:  All in due time my dear, I need to conclude the open threads I have before I open another can of worms.

Simple questions. Personally, I don't think it has made you a better person. Maybe it gives you some comfort, but now you just have different targets for your malignancy. People don't really change that much. Their focus shifts but the behaviours remain the same, they just cloak them in something else.

Far be it from me to questions other peoples mental issues, but fuck it, why not?
You sound like someone who has always been the 'other' and the easiest way to cope with that emotionally is to rail against those you see as rejecting you. You get to take a measure of them and see them as flawed as then you don't have to look at your own flaws.

I know someone who I was floored to find out she was a Christian. As in "You? for real?" You who gets drunk and throws pot plants at peoples heads? Who goes to peoples houses at 2am to scream abuse at them for perceived slights. The whole crux of her story is that since she has been saved she still does those things but now it doesn't matter as she gets a free pass and the lord with forgive her. No effort has gone into actually being a better person, now they just think they are.

I've seen people like that too. The only difference with D-Reck is that he does it from behind the safe cover of the internet so the people he is trying to annoy can't beat the living shit out of him like he so richly deserves.

08-02-2014, 11:12 PM
(08-02-2014 10:49 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 10:07 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Ok, here's the difference. Your timeline:

actual deconversion timeline:

Shortly there after bad crap happened, I blamed God.

Nothing happened

nothing happened

Then I researched random things and decided God had no place in my life/God doesn't exist

nothing happened

Then I forgot about God and just lived

nothing happened

I felt pretty free

the end.

See? No turning, no hate. Only freedom from the opression of a creepy ceiling cat watching your every move and judging you for things that don't matter.

The. What are you doing on this web site talking about God?

I don't usually talk about god, I'm here for the other, more interesting threads, like the one going on now about nuclear power. But occasionally I do have a rebuttal to someone spewing nonsense about "faith" and I jump in. Although, I don't see what your point is. I can't talk about something in theory? I must only discuss things whose existence I acknowledge? Damn, I guess fantasy novels are out. I really liked those...
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post