My conversion...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 07:28 AM
RE: My conversion...
(09-02-2014 06:03 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  Cleverusername posed his question in an atheist forum. Atheist.
In the Christianity. Subsection where such debates are not only expected but encouraged. If he wanted a purely atheist view all he need do is say something to me. He however did not. Which any reasonable person would glean to understand that maybe he wanted answer to his questions not just excuses to hate God with.

Quote:If he had wanted to hear a response from a christian, he would have posted his question in a christian forum.
never been a member of a Christian forum have you? Questions like this however sincere are deemed heretical and would be deleted. That is why I am here. To answer the questions a CF will not allow.
Quote:He had clearly stated he was meeting with a pastor. In fact, that was the point of his entire inquiry.
and I was giving him a heads up on what that pastor might have said, so he could then ask any follow ups.

Quote:You're an ego driven busybody, who doesn't even understand the fundamental mechanics of your faith.
if you believe this to be true then simply ask me what they are, when I fail to answer then you have ammo to go line by line and dissemble my beliefs chrushing me forcing me to leave in shame or stay and endure rightfully placed taunting and cursing.

Oh, wait that's exactly what you and the other members have been trying to do, but can't crack me on my beliefs so you just go for the name calling and false accusations.. Like the one you just made. Sadcryface2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2014, 08:23 AM
(09-02-2014 07:28 AM)Drich Wrote:  ]if you believe this to be true then simply ask me what they are, when I fail to answer

Already done.

Quote:then you have ammo to go line by line and dissemble my beliefs chrushing me forcing me to leave in shame or stay and endure rightfully placed taunting and cursing.

Time for you to leave in shame, then.

[Image: Too+_f6be8c3067bd93de6370b7f74187b6cc.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
09-02-2014, 08:28 AM
(09-02-2014 07:28 AM)Drich Wrote:  In the Christianity. Subsection where such debates are not only expected but encouraged. If he wanted a purely atheist view all he need do is say something to me.

There IS no "Xtardianity" subsection, you lying piece of shit. And if he wanted an xtard's perspective, he would have gone to that idiot pastor. If he wanted the opinion of a batshit-crazy megalomaniac, he would have asked for you by name.

Fuck, but you are an arrogant ass.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
09-02-2014, 04:40 PM
(09-02-2014 07:18 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 04:28 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Four questions Drich regarding your dream.

1) Was your physical brain required to receive this vision you had?

2a) If yes then what was the role of your physical brain in receiving this vision?
2b) If no then how do you remember receiving this vision?

3) Do you always trust your own brain?

4) Should everybody else trust their own brain?

Yes

The role of a brain in REM sleep

Depends on what it says do.

Given that:
  • you think that your brain was performing its usual role in REM sleep at the time (i.e. dreaming)
  • that people should not automatically trust their brains
  • we can now replicate spiritual and near-death experiences at will (in the lab, using magic mushrooms or stimulation of the brain or in a centrifuge)

... what objective and impartial reason do you have for assuming that this was anything more than just a lucid dream?

Or is your conclusion subjective?
09-02-2014, 06:44 PM
(08-02-2014 09:53 PM)Drich Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 10:46 AM)Impulse Wrote:  No, atheists rail against the concept. There are no atheists who actually talk to or taunt the concept...

Laughat do you even read the stuff your peers post?
Yes, and I comprehend them too. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
10-02-2014, 03:33 AM
Drich Wrote:.never been a member of a Christian forum have you? Questions like this however sincere are deemed heretical and would be deleted.

Bullshit.
A question like Cleverusername put forth is a damn dinner-bell. The wolves donn their sheepskins and keep circling the 16 yr old, all the while using compassion, empathy, flattery, fear, etc. To acquire the fresh meat.
They wouldn't be able to resist.

Just like you didn't. Drinking Beverage

Drich Wrote:’That is why I am here. To answer the questions a CF will not allow.

Uh huh. Rolleyes

Drich Wrote:if you believe this to be true then simply ask me what they are, when I fail to answer then you have ammo to go line by line and dissemble my beliefs chrushing me forcing me to leave in shame or stay and endure rightfully placed taunting and cursing.
Well then if that's the case, better get your zealous rear end back HERE.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
10-02-2014, 06:42 AM
(09-02-2014 04:40 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 07:18 AM)Drich Wrote:  Yes

The role of a brain in REM sleep

Given that:
  • you think that your brain was performing its usual role in REM sleep at the time (i.e. dreaming)
  • that people should not automatically trust their brains
  • we can now replicate spiritual and near-death experiences at will (in the lab, using magic mushrooms or stimulation of the brain or in a centrifuge)

... what objective and impartial reason do you have for assuming that this was anything more than just a lucid dream?

Or is your conclusion subjective?
The content was/is scripturally consistent, from a time that I did not know the scriptures. Again I thought hell was a literal lake of fire per the old paintings and illustrations I saw.

The how God does things does not disqualify the fact that he had a hand in this, as the bible gives many examples of God communicating to people in dreams. As I just pointed out what makes a dream from God is content, and scriptural viability.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
10-02-2014, 06:43 AM
(09-02-2014 06:44 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 09:53 PM)Drich Wrote:  Laughat do you even read the stuff your peers post?
Yes, and I comprehend them too. Drinking Beverage

If this is indeed true then you knowingly made a false statement.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
10-02-2014, 06:53 AM
:
(10-02-2014 03:33 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  Bullshit.
A question like :censored:Cleverusername put forth is a damn dinner-bell. The wolves donn their sheepskins and keep circling the 16 yr old, all the while using compassion, empathy, flattery, fear, etc. To acquire the fresh meat.
They wouldn't be able to resist.

Just like you didn't. Drinking Beverage
what are you talking about I simply answer the questions concerning his faith just like you hypocrites answered the same questions and provided yourselves with an opportunity to preach a atheist sermon on anti faith. You hypocrites are just as guilty with what you charge me with as I am. The only difference is content.

Quote:Well then if that's the case, better get your zealous rear end back
what post number have you concerned yourself with?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

10-02-2014, 07:00 AM
(10-02-2014 06:42 AM)Drich Wrote:  The content was/is scripturally consistent, from a time that I did not know the scriptures. Again I thought hell was a literal lake of fire per the old paintings and illustrations I saw.

So to recap, the single reason for believing that it was more than just a lucid dream is that it was very similar to a description of Hell in the Bible that you were not previously aware of?

Does the Bible specify that Hell is not a literal lake of fire but a dream or metaphor?