My conversion...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: My conversion...
(10-02-2014 10:09 AM)tokutter Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My understanding of Ali's rope-a-dope strategy is that it presumes I'm gonna tire my ass out pounding on his forearms until he sees an opening to knock my ass out. I don't see either of those things happening with whoever this new guy is. Tongue

Then by all means get in the ring with Drich, Girly. ...

Not gonna happen ToeCutter. Dude can't even sport a proper fundoshi let alone be admitted to the dohyƍ. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 07:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-02-2014 07:13 PM)Drich Wrote:  It boils down to this..
You simply ask questions.

Why am I my own personal Jesus, my own personal Lord and Savior, the embodiment of The Word and you appear to be none of those things?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-02-2014, 02:47 AM
(10-02-2014 07:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 06:42 AM)Drich Wrote:  The content was/is scripturally consistent, from a time that I did not know the scriptures. Again I thought hell was a literal lake of fire per the old paintings and illustrations I saw.

So to recap, the single reason for believing that it was more than just a lucid dream is that it was very similar to a description of Hell in the Bible that you were not previously aware of?

Does the Bible specify that Hell is not a literal lake of fire but a dream or metaphor?

Care to answer the question Drich?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
11-02-2014, 04:33 AM
(11-02-2014 02:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 07:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So to recap, the single reason for believing that it was more than just a lucid dream is that it was very similar to a description of Hell in the Bible that you were not previously aware of?

Does the Bible specify that Hell is not a literal lake of fire but a dream or metaphor?

Oh come on Mathilda, be fair. That question doesn't have a lot of room for maneuver. It might take him a day or so to redefine it before he answers! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
11-02-2014, 07:35 AM
(11-02-2014 02:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 07:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So to recap, the single reason for believing that it was more than just a lucid dream is that it was very similar to a description of Hell in the Bible that you were not previously aware of?

All references in the NKJV of lake of fire are in the book of revelation. As such these depictions would indicate that this was a vision or dream.

Which has absolutly no bearing on what I believed at the time.

Everything I believed about Hell was based off of the works of Dante's inferno as the little Christian influence I had up to that point was also based off those works. (I wasn't what you'd call a biblically based Christian.)

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
11-02-2014, 07:44 AM
I'm currently typing this while exorcising hell fire from my ass, aka Beef Vindallo. (Never buy a used cell phone)
What can Jesus do for me ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
11-02-2014, 07:52 AM
(11-02-2014 07:35 AM)Drich Wrote:  All references in the NKJV of lake of fire are in the book of revelation. As such these depictions would indicate that this was a vision or dream.

Which has absolutly no bearing on what I believed at the time.

Everything I believed about Hell was based off of the works of Dante's inferno as the little Christian influence I had up to that point was also based off those works. (I wasn't what you'd call a biblically based Christian.)

Thank you for answering. Next question:

Why have you made the subjective decision to apply more significance to the fact that your dream matched a description in the Bible than to the fact that you know that you were in bed dreaming and that the brain cannot be trusted?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
11-02-2014, 09:00 AM
(10-02-2014 07:13 PM)Drich Wrote:  I will tell you what I will do exactly.. Youkay and the boxing match we are having, is using the same format I use. Which is a fun change of pace. I am interested to see how long he can keep it up.

It boils down to this..
You simply ask questions. Or let the other person speak till he has nothing else to say (or says something so.. Foolish it needs to be commented on right away.) otherwise Take notes, look for inconsistencies. Point them out politely, and allow them to address the errors. If they do move on. If they don't them beat them with their stupidity till they relent. Beat_stick just kidding. What I do completely depends on the person I am speaking with. If they are genuine and seek understanding but truly do not understand what I am pointing out I will spend what ever time is needed to help them out. However if they are brash and arrogant, then I get to be brash and arrogant, until they relent or I get board.

One thing to note I do not generally speak against what others say unless spoken to first. I will not correct other theist, I do not get into pissing contests with people of other faiths, I do not like debating other Christians over doctrine. I am here to help people make a choice. if it has been made and your solid in what you believe then I have very little to say. If you stop responding/asking question or making biblically incorrect statements, then I will quickly loose interest in what you have to say as well.

Despite popular belief this is not about getting in the last word nor about preaching. It is about answering questions and providing clarity. That is why I move on after the questions have been answered and the misrepresentation of scripture generally ceases. Even if it get personal and I have to leave by giving you the final word.

At any point you or anyone else feels a need to push the panic stop button, but feels they need the last word/their pride in tact. start your post out with three or more cuss words and I will know you want out of the discussion with your pride in tact. This is something I have done from the beginning for you people. It's kinda your 'safe word(s)' if things get too rough.Tongue

That said: http://youtu.be/m9gjW9RmkpY

DID EVERYBODY GET THAT.....................

Drich is not interested in providing clarity to his christian brother or fellow invisible friend believers.

(He probably has been bitch slapped off every christian website on the planet)

He is on an ATHEIST FORUM.... a forum of people who considers his beliefs to be bullshit.

HE IS HERE TO PROVIDE BULLSHIT CLARITY.

[+] 3 users Like tokutter's post
11-02-2014, 09:18 AM
(11-02-2014 09:00 AM)tokutter Wrote:  DID EVERYBODY GET THAT.....................

Drich is not interested in providing clarity to his christian brother or fellow invisible friend believers.

(He probably has been bitch slapped off every christian website on the planet)

He is on an ATHEIST FORUM.... a forum of people who considers his beliefs to be bullshit.

HE IS HERE TO PROVIDE BULLSHIT CLARITY.

And in the process he is exemplifying xtian ignorant arrogance. In concentrated form.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-02-2014, 10:22 AM
I had a lucid dream that I threw myself off a railroad track just in time to avoid a train. Some time later, I read a book that had a character do the same thing. Now I worship the train driver.

This is actually true (apart from the worshipping bit). I ended up on the floor beside my bed with the bed covers on top of me. This was because, in the dream, I had a long raincoat on which I had to drag with me, hence the bed covers.