My crowdfunding site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2014, 04:27 PM
RE: My crowdfunding site
I've had only one person follow up about the sand. Please PM me your address if you want some.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm mailing off sand to two people who replied. I will be leaving for the post office in an hour or so. I have enough for all who donated. I'll just set those aside until they are claimed.
24-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Alas I did not partake in giving you currency....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
24-07-2014, 09:48 AM
(24-07-2014 08:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Alas I did not partake in giving you currency....

Well, I am running an introductory offer. Those who are willing to sacrifice their first born to me can get Olduvai sand. Seems like an even trade to me.
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
24-07-2014, 11:37 AM
(20-07-2014 04:57 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Calling all people who donated money. I would like to send you guys a little something for helping me fund my trip. It's a mason jar with some sand from Olduvai Gorge. It's not much--I wish I could do more--but this is your chance to own a piece of the cradle of mankind. Just PM me your addresses. I haven't had a chance to take stock of how much sand I have, so the jars may end up having more than what is pictured.

[Image: 3f7139.jpg]

[Image: 1d4c80.jpg]

Did you bring Girly a skull on a stick?

#sigh
24-07-2014, 12:00 PM
(24-07-2014 11:37 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 04:57 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Calling all people who donated money. I would like to send you guys a little something for helping me fund my trip. It's a mason jar with some sand from Olduvai Gorge. It's not much--I wish I could do more--but this is your chance to own a piece of the cradle of mankind. Just PM me your addresses. I haven't had a chance to take stock of how much sand I have, so the jars may end up having more than what is pictured.

[Image: 3f7139.jpg]

[Image: 1d4c80.jpg]

Did you bring Girly a skull on a stick?

Unfortunately, we were not allowed to bring any of the fossil remains (or even modern material) out of the country. The stuff we did find is currently housed at the national museum in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The professors constantly chanted the following mantra to us: "Take pictures, leave footprints." I still haven't left for the post office yet. This is because it takes a little bit to make the boxes I'm shipping the mason jars in. I can mail stuff out to you if you are interested. Just PM me your address. I won't be back to the post office for a while after this.
24-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Let me just say that I had plenty of access to wildebeest skulls that I could have latched to a stick for you. Those things were everywhere.
24-07-2014, 12:14 PM
(24-07-2014 12:08 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Let me just say that I had plenty of access to wildebeest skulls that I could have latched to a stick for you. Those things were everywhere.

Those look cool, satanic even. Big Grin

[Image: wildebeest.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-07-2014, 04:56 PM
(24-07-2014 09:48 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(24-07-2014 08:49 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Alas I did not partake in giving you currency....

Well, I am running an introductory offer. Those who are willing to sacrifice their first born to me can get Olduvai sand. Seems like an even trade to me.

Shit outta luck then; I don't intend to have a first born.

But if by some freak happen-stance I do get one; I'll be sure to send it your way. Thumbsup

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-07-2014, 05:23 PM
(24-07-2014 09:48 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  

Always late to the party. There were many times over the years that I would have gladly surrendered my firstborn. Alas, she is now too old for me to give away - on the bright side - she had a little clone and is suffering through all the same stuff she put me through.

I try not to smile too big or laugh too hysterically. Big Grin

Will you take my husband? I would trade him for a jar of sand.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post