My dad never wants to see me again...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2017, 04:03 PM
RE: My dad never wants to see me again...
(07-02-2017 05:43 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:He needs time to process.

She said he completely rejected her.

And? The future is not set.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 04:44 PM
OK

It sounds like she's hoping to work it out so fine.

I dumped my dad out of my life years ago and I'm thankful for every second that I've spared myself that shithead's company. But to each her or his own. I'm not the sort to get sentimental about that kind of thing. From what he said to her I feel like he's doing her a favor by making it easy to keep him out of her life. That's just my take. I want her to get what she wants. But if it's impossible then look on the bright side.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
07-02-2017, 04:47 PM
And by the way I don't think it should be hard to process. You either love your kid or you don't.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
07-02-2017, 05:13 PM
(07-02-2017 02:23 PM)Emma Wrote:  I've come across so many bigotted right-wing assholes who spit McHugh's studies at me as if they have any clue what they are talking about. But because they read a sensationalist newspaper article on him, they think they know all about it. So many newspapers have written articles on his "research", and they extend his reach and credibility every single time they do it without further doing research to find out that his studies are flawed in many ways and his conclusions are in direct contradiction to medical consensus as supported by many more reliable studies.

I keep thinking about this reply. You are accurate in every word... and far too generous a person.

He has blatantly misused medical terms (such as Dysphoria), and stated purported conclusions from studies that are in direct contradiction to what the studies he's mis-citing actually say. He has tried to claim that the source of the problem is an idea that has been rejected by overwhelming concensus for nearly half a century, let alone the things that have been demonstrated by more recent research using our vastly improved knowledge of genetics, epigentics, and neurology.

McHugh is far worse than a mere hack; he's an utter bigot willing to lie and misrepresent science in order to further a sociopolitical agenda. He's the modern equivalent of the "Race Scientists" in fascist nations in the 1930s, ignoring real scientific consensus in order to pretend that they had an intellectual basis for their stupid and repudiated ideas.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-02-2017, 05:33 PM
(07-02-2017 04:47 PM)ImFred Wrote:  And by the way I don't think it should be hard to process. You either love your kid or you don't.

Unless you have an irrational fear that if you interact with said child, you'll burn in hell forever due to the invisiible, psychopathic bearded man in the sky.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
08-02-2017, 12:48 AM
(07-02-2017 04:47 PM)ImFred Wrote:  And by the way I don't think it should be hard to process. You either love your kid or you don't.

Emotions are more complex than that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-02-2017, 08:41 AM
(07-02-2017 04:44 PM)ImFred Wrote:  OK

It sounds like she's hoping to work it out so fine.

I dumped my dad out of my life years ago and I'm thankful for every second that I've spared myself that shithead's company. But to each her or his own. I'm not the sort to get sentimental about that kind of thing. From what he said to her I feel like he's doing her a favor by making it easy to keep him out of her life. That's just my take. I want her to get what she wants. But if it's impossible then look on the bright side.

I don't disagree with you at all. I want my dad to eventually come to some sort of self-realization. But I don't think I'll be able to do anything at this point to work it out with him. He's got to do all of the work and it's on him to do it. If that never happens, then there's nothing else I can do and he will remain on the outside of my life.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-02-2017, 08:48 AM
(07-02-2017 05:13 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 02:23 PM)Emma Wrote:  I've come across so many bigotted right-wing assholes who spit McHugh's studies at me as if they have any clue what they are talking about. But because they read a sensationalist newspaper article on him, they think they know all about it. So many newspapers have written articles on his "research", and they extend his reach and credibility every single time they do it without further doing research to find out that his studies are flawed in many ways and his conclusions are in direct contradiction to medical consensus as supported by many more reliable studies.

I keep thinking about this reply. You are accurate in every word... and far too generous a person.

He has blatantly misused medical terms (such as Dysphoria), and stated purported conclusions from studies that are in direct contradiction to what the studies he's mis-citing actually say. He has tried to claim that the source of the problem is an idea that has been rejected by overwhelming concensus for nearly half a century, let alone the things that have been demonstrated by more recent research using our vastly improved knowledge of genetics, epigentics, and neurology.

McHugh is far worse than a mere hack; he's an utter bigot willing to lie and misrepresent science in order to further a sociopolitical agenda. He's the modern equivalent of the "Race Scientists" in fascist nations in the 1930s, ignoring real scientific consensus in order to pretend that they had an intellectual basis for their stupid and repudiated ideas.

Absolutely true! He started at John's Hopkins with the goal of shutting down the Transgender programs that were in place. And that's exactly what he did. He's set back trans acceptance and healthcare for decades because of his work.

Hate is a very strong word, but I'm not afraid to hate some people. McHugh is someone that I truly hate as an individual. Not as though I'm worked up about him all the time, but when I get to talking about him, I can feel that angry hate welling up inside me.

I hate him even more than the fucking alt-right nazi that harassed me on twitter and threatened that I'd be among the first people in the gas chambers when Trump came into office.

McHugh is a bigoted and wretched monster.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-02-2017, 01:08 PM
(08-02-2017 08:48 AM)Emma Wrote:  I hate him even more than the fucking alt-right nazi that harassed me on twitter and threatened that I'd be among the first people in the gas chambers when Trump came into office.
These are the fucks that have suddenly discovered they have a voice Dodgy God I despise them.

Quote:McHugh is a bigoted and wretched monster.
As are many others, unfortunately. The bastards can't seem to keep their noses out of other people's business.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
08-02-2017, 01:22 PM
I'm sorry for only now seeing this. My heart breaks for you. No parent should ever demand that their child force themselves to be something they are not, just to see each other. Just because of religious dogma.

I wish there were more I could offer than virtual hugs and open ears Hug

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post