My dad's death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2012, 04:23 PM
RE: My dad's death
Hi rook
This is so sad and I am always in at a loss of words in such situations because I feel that every "sorry for you" has been said, and I feel that if I say it again it won't make a difference.
But I read your post, I liked your poem, and I hope you are doing ok right now and I hope there is no big shock coming up for you, in the aftermath of all that has happened in the last month.

Be well!
Leela

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Your poem is absolutely beautiful. I hope strength and understanding will you carry over the next months and years so you can fondly remember your father.
Find all posts by this user
21-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Very sorry to hear, Rook Sad

Awesome poem!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
22-08-2012, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 01:26 AM by Free Thought.)
Well damn, my condolences man. poem nice though.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
22-08-2012, 06:07 AM
I am sorry for your loss. We all hear the religious platitudes at times like that. Know that, for the most part, the people saying those words are well-meaning. They can't fix the situation and are at a loss for what to say or do. Unfortunately none of us do know what to do but want to let you know that we are aware of, and saddened, by what has happened.

Your poem is lovely and writing is a great way to get things out.

A sudden, unexpected death can really rock you. I hope you can find a sense of peace, though it may take a while.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
23-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Sorry for your loss man. It is a nice atheistic poem, I like it. Maybe you should send it to your aunt?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson