My dad told me today that he believes in aliens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2014, 11:07 PM
My dad told me today that he believes in aliens
My dad is awesome. I love that man. He is smart, inquisitive, and not afraid to speak his mind. He has been dabbling in eastern religions here and there but nothing too serious.But today he told me that he believes that aliens are visiting our planet and the government is doing its best to conceal. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He said that the the most advanced technology available today is provided by aliens. He said that the government has been using them as a resource since around 1950. I asked him how come this alien technology that has been handed to us is still advancing. I mean, why would the aliens not give us a perfect product, why is it that the humans have to do all the research and progress.
How come there's no aliens to see? He then told me about the many documentations of sightings and abductions by the aliens.
I am not claiming that we are the only intelligent form of life in the universe but I don't think that Discovery channel (broadcasting some BS about aliens visiting) has the truth.
Have you seen any reliable evidence of alien life? i haven't. I need proof... evidence...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: My dad told me today that he believes in aliens
I've read some compelling books, but then I read other books that completely refuted the whole thing.

I think shows like ancient aliens and crap like that negates a lot of information about our ancestors. Technologies have been discovered and completely lost throughout history, only to be reinvented again later.

To suggest that our ancient cultures were incapable of building the pyramids, because we can't do it without a lot of machinery is tragic.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Given the vastness of the known universe, thinking that we are the only planet to harbor intelligent life seems absurd. As our view and understanding of the universe increases, the possibility for other life out there stretch ever closer to one.

But going from that to 'government conspiracy' and 'they visit us' and 'it's their technology' is coo-coo for coco puffs.

(30-09-2014 11:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've read some compelling books, but then I read other books that completely refuted the whole thing.

I think shows like ancient aliens and crap like that negates a lot of information about our ancestors. Technologies have been discovered and completely lost throughout history, only to be reinvented again later.

To suggest that our ancient cultures were incapable of building the pyramids, because we can't do it without a lot of machinery is tragic.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-10-2014, 12:46 AM
I think belief in aliens is probably less harmful than a belief in any religion. Unless you're going full 'Heavens Gate' with it.

I had a guy ask me once if I believed in UFO's.
I told him yes I believe there are people who have seen things flying around the sky that they couldn't identify. He looked at me like I was crazy. Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
01-10-2014, 01:07 AM
I believe there are aliens. Where else would our thetans come from? DUH!

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 5 users Like Logica Humano's post
01-10-2014, 02:15 AM
(30-09-2014 11:07 PM)Elenambass Wrote:  My dad is awesome. I love that man. He is smart, inquisitive, and not afraid to speak his mind. He has been dabbling in eastern religions here and there but nothing too serious.But today he told me that he believes that aliens are visiting our planet and the government is doing its best to conceal. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He said that the the most advanced technology available today is provided by aliens. He said that the government has been using them as a resource since around 1950. I asked him how come this alien technology that has been handed to us is still advancing. I mean, why would the aliens not give us a perfect product, why is it that the humans have to do all the research and progress.
How come there's no aliens to see? He then told me about the many documentations of sightings and abductions by the aliens.
I am not claiming that we are the only intelligent form of life in the universe but I don't think that Discovery channel (broadcasting some BS about aliens visiting) has the truth.
Have you seen any reliable evidence of alien life? i haven't. I need proof... evidence...

He watched Paul, didn't he? Dodgy Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
01-10-2014, 02:54 AM
Given the scale of the universe I believe there must be life on other planets, even intelligent life, but the chances of us ever meeting race to race are also mind bogglingly minuscule.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 3 users Like daylightisabadthing's post
01-10-2014, 03:20 AM

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
01-10-2014, 11:30 PM
(01-10-2014 02:54 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  Given the scale of the universe I believe there must be life on other planets, even intelligent life, but the chances of us ever meeting race to race are also mind bogglingly minuscule.

Not unless there's a spacial anomaly behind Pluto that can fling our ships to Shanxi.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
02-10-2014, 06:44 AM
I believe there is other intelligent life in the universe. I do not think we have been visited by any of them.