My daughter's grandparents want to send her to vacation bible school

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: My daughter's grandparents want to send her to vacation bible school
Any news on this matter? Did they finally cut it out?

Darth Vader
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2016, 12:27 AM
RE: My daughter's grandparents want to send her to vacation bible school
They haven't called back since I last updated. So I'm hoping that's a good sign. My daughter and I did have a good talk about it. I wanted to get an idea of why she didn't like going to church (I've actually never been to church, but I imagine it's boring). A big part of it is that she has a lot of questions, and nobody has any good answers. I was a little surprised she had given it so much thought. I mean at eleven, I hadn't given it anywhere near that much thought. (Then again, I never was forced to read the bible. I don't think we even had one at home.) It doesn't really matter to me what her reasoning is--I wouldn't force her to go to church whatever her reason was (obviously), but I thought maybe if they pushed it again I could explain to them why she doesn't want to go, and what she doesn't like about it. I'm sure they'd think she's just too young to understand. I think that's one of the big problems with religion--people have answers, and their answers are the only right answers. Those who don't agree just don't understand.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post