My daughter's grandparents want to send her to vacation bible school

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: My daughter's grandparents want to send her to vacation bible school
Any news on this matter? Did they finally cut it out?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2016, 12:27 AM
RE: My daughter's grandparents want to send her to vacation bible school
They haven't called back since I last updated. So I'm hoping that's a good sign. My daughter and I did have a good talk about it. I wanted to get an idea of why she didn't like going to church (I've actually never been to church, but I imagine it's boring). A big part of it is that she has a lot of questions, and nobody has any good answers. I was a little surprised she had given it so much thought. I mean at eleven, I hadn't given it anywhere near that much thought. (Then again, I never was forced to read the bible. I don't think we even had one at home.) It doesn't really matter to me what her reasoning is--I wouldn't force her to go to church whatever her reason was (obviously), but I thought maybe if they pushed it again I could explain to them why she doesn't want to go, and what she doesn't like about it. I'm sure they'd think she's just too young to understand. I think that's one of the big problems with religion--people have answers, and their answers are the only right answers. Those who don't agree just don't understand.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ash's post