My day with Dawkins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: My day with Dawkins
Fantastic! Where's the selfie???

Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-10-2015, 08:41 PM
    Here is the selfie.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like WillHopp's post
10-10-2015, 08:55 PM
    Here's me in the front row.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
10-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Feck! Me jelly, too! I need to check my meds (one more Sam Adams, please!). I first saw this as David Silverman, for some reason.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
10-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Some things from today's event: Dawkins and my friend said they met with the producers of Modern Family last week and requested atheists be inserted into more shows and to have these characters be fun-loving and upstanding people. They said their message was warmly received and encouraged so we'll see.

The foundation also is working on a program called TIES that helps middle school teachers be better prepared for teaching evolution because most American middle school teachers are only equipped with elementary school teaching skills/curriculum.

And finally, they have purchased the rights to 90 copies of Inherit the Wind and will help 90 schools across America to put on this play, though it will be modified to help encourage kids to embrace science. It's in honor of the 90th anniversary of the Scopes trial.

Good stuff.

----
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
10-10-2015, 11:31 PM
(10-10-2015 08:55 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Here's me in the front row.

Why is Dawkins stuck to the wall, and why are you laying down???

Was it a talk about gravity???

Sounds a bit grave.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
11-10-2015, 12:49 AM
(10-10-2015 07:49 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Here's one of him having a Cuban sandwich with us. I thought, how many people have a shot of this guy eating?

I feel strongly that this pic needs to become a meme...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
11-10-2015, 12:53 AM
Dawkins eats!!!!????

He ain't no god! Blink

Banjo.
11-10-2015, 01:01 AM
You remind me of one of the strongest arguments (IMO) for the non-divinity of Christ. Christ is described as being in all respects like a man, *but* we know that his touch can cure disease. Surely anything that passes through his body is Holy. But we have no records of the Jerusalem Gardener's Association following him around with a shovel. Therefore his holy shit had no magical properties. Therefore it cannot have been holy. Therefore he cannot have been divine.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-10-2015, 01:03 AM
(11-10-2015 01:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  Surely anything that passes through his body is Holy. .

Are you saying that Mexican sandwich will become holy? Blink

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post