My days working for Christian TV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2012, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 09:04 AM by N.E.OhioAtheist.)
My days working for Christian TV
I worked for a UHF TV station that was taken over by PTL. Jim Baker was the lowest life form on this planet. The IRS wanted to look into Bakers money laundering and fraud and through the FCC rules they could. So Jim Baker had to sell the station quick. He sold it to a even lower life form Lonnie Clayton for $1.00 Then the station was sold to TBN for a profit of $500,000. along with it's licence. When the last transaction was done all the employees were fired on the spot. We all found out their was NO unemployment paid for us. They classified the station as a church. I had 2 very young children at the time. I went to the new owner and ask for my job and was turned down flat. He told me if i believed in God he would take care of me. I wanted to kill that bastard . I was lucky that I knew allot of people and did find a job in the stagehands union. I was a good sound man and had my 1st class FCC licence. That's something Ronald Reagan did away with (deregulation). Now a high school kid can run a transmitter at any TV station. It lowered the wage GO FIGURE! There were people at the station that were there for 30 years and lost everything. We worked (for free or we would lose our jobs) telethons for 3 days strait. I would sleep at the station so i could set up sound for the next act. I truly hate all Christian TV. I have met most of the people and all of them are as fake as a football bat.
I know so much dirt about Jim baker and most of them so called preachers it would curl your hair.
One day a old lady sent a letter in telling Jim she was eating dog food so she could keep his show on the air. He kept her check!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
03-02-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: My days working for Christian TV
Hey, someone else who knows what a 1st Class FCC license was! I got mine when I was a teenager in New York. Glad to know there's someone else here from the old days.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
03-02-2012, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2012 09:11 AM by N.E.OhioAtheist.)
(03-02-2012 09:05 AM)Jeff Wrote:  Hey, someone else who knows what a 1st Class FCC license was! I got mine when I was a teenager in New York. Glad to know there's someone else here from the old days.
It took allot of study to get that too. they just didn't hand them out like box tops on a food package. Deregulation has been the biggest mistake this country let get through.

Paul and Jan are Jim and Tammy want to be's they make me sick at the sight of them. Phil Keggy was OK but I really hate his message.
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Wow that's nuts! LOL'ed on the football bat Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I would love to see behind the scenes on stuff like this. Religious Commercials, TV, Radio. I feel anyone trying to hawk religion on TV or Radio is a joke. And the commercials trying to sell holy water or some stupid trinket HAHA. I guess people eat up this crap regardless of religion though.
08-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Most of the preachers were gay. It was amazing how many were total nut jobs too. I seen so much back stabbing and underhanded deals. Fake healing. scam artist at the top of their game. It's a con game and hype. The biggest con was the hotel deal with the time shares. You didn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out they sold more shares than rooms. They would have had to keep 5 family's in 1 room at one time. This is what sank PTL. I had some video of Jim Baker shoveling with a coal shovel money. Tell people to give that much. He was going to Florida and having gay sex with another preacher. He was cheating on his wife not with that woman but with a man. They kept it quiet. I seen so many phone's. We would laugh so hard at the people giving everything they had to them. I use to say a fool and their money soon parts. The sad ones were the old people. No one laughed at them. We hated to see that.
[+] 5 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
... oops, my bad.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
08-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Sounds like anything would be better than working there! Fucking con-men.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)