My debate with a theist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2013, 01:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2013 01:20 AM by f stop.)
My debate with a theist
The Theist.

'I said that scripture clearly indicates that God created everything with the appearance of age, e.g. the animals, vegetation, Adam, Eve, etc. So, why not the entire universe in the same way? X said this would amount to deception, clearly blaming God for the scientists false assumptions, which in turn can only result in false conclusions (the garbage-in, garbage-out syndrome). My retort is that God could only be accused of deceiving if he didn't tell us that he created the universe, he didn't give us the time frame in which he did that, and he didn't give us ample warning of our dismal spiritual condition and how foolhardy it is to trust our fellow man, since "all men are liars" and all are exceedingly self-deceived. So, then...you now have a choice to make: Do you believe the bible on these matters or your fellow man (who like yourself is at enmity with God) preach the "gospel of Materialism" in the mighty name of science?'

My response.

So it's a trap! Set by God who then asks "Who are you going to believe? Me or the evidence?"

The following to be sung as a Gregorian chant. At the Lecture_preist hit yourself on the head with your Bible.

Oh, woe to those of us who have the misfortune to live after the dark ages, for surely those who lived in medieval Europe had minds uncontaminated by science and thus had a better chance of getting the right answer. Lecture_preist

Oh, woe to those of us who have the misfortune to live in a country whose constitution mandates the separation of church and state, for verily those who preach the wrong religion, or no religion, shall surely lead us astray, and we will give the wrong answer. Lecture_preist

Oh, woe to those of us who have the misfortune to live in a country which provides an education at public expense and prohibits the teaching of creationism while teaching the theory of evolution, for surely we are more likely to give the wrong answer. Lecture_preist

Oh, woe to those of us who have the misfortune to have parents who sacrifice so that we may have an education beyond that provided by the government, for surely we shall learn to think and be more likely to give the wrong answer. Lecture_preist

Oh, woe to those of us who have read the Bible and missed the part where it says "Thou shalt not think!" Lecture_preist

Some say the world will end in fire
Others say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I side with those who favor fire.
But then ice is also nice
And would suffice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply