My deconversion story, oh boy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 02:59 PM
My deconversion story, oh boy.
Because everyone is doing it I decided to share mine. When I was little I was an atheist and did not believe in god. However I was encouraged to believe in god when I thought it was the popular thing to do. When I was young for a while I did except evolution even when I became a christian. It was around the 5 grade when I did not accept evolution and was a christian. However during the 8th grade everything started to change. I learned about the bible from my protestant family on my moms side and my father being a black hebrew israelite. Before I go on I must describe what a black hebrew israelite is. The black hebrew israelites are a group of bible believers who remove them selves from christianity, saying it is satan using the bible. The main point of the religion is that the 12 tribes of israel are:

AFRICAN AMERICANS

WEST INDIES/ JAMAICA TO BELIZE

HAITIANS

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

GUATEMALA TO PANAMA

PUERTO RICANS

CUBANS

NORTH AMERICAN INDIANS

SEMINOLE INDIANS

ARGENTINA AND CHILE

COLOMBIA TO URUGUAY

and

MEXICANS

They also say that the white man(europeans) are esau and that they will automatically go to hell, and everyone else who worships yaweh but is not european or part of the 12 tribes will only have the earth 1000 years after the end times.

They also follow the old testement. They don't eat pork or shellfish, the don't mix fabrics, they will have multiply wives, and they will not interacially marry.

Look them up if you want to learn more. Back to the story.

It was in my 8th grade year when I was introduced to the black hebrew israelite religion, and I fell for it.

During the beginning of my 9th grade year I become more creationist, saying that T-rex ate plants. That year I also had to go to my dads for winter break. My dad wanted us to read the bible more. There I became more black hebrew israelite, saying that jesus was black, and that blacks were part of the 12 tribes. However when studying the bible and creationism I began to question. Answers in Genesis was one of the main factors. When reading Ken Ham's website something in the back of my head said "LAIRS!" I knew they were lying second I saw there evidence. I began to lose faith slowly. My friends also played a main factor. As they told me religion is dangerous and can cause wars. Last was reading the bible. When reading more into my black hebrew isrealite/protestant faith i began to question the bible itself. My best friend is white, does that mean he will go to hell? Which one of these beliefs are right, both use the bible? These questions began to pile up. Eventually a week later I became a deist. Over the next couple of months I tried my best not to identify as an atheist. However I was becoming more and more one when I began liking things like the thinking atheist and Aron Ra. I stoped believing in the whole concept of god all together when my dad asked "This god does no justice by punishing the wicked, what kind of god is that?" He also asked "If god created the universe doesn't that mean you should worship him?" These questions made me ask "Ya what kind of deity?" After that I became an atheist again, and to this day I'm glad I escaped religion other wise I would be a black hebrew isrealite and spreading racist hate.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
14-03-2014, 03:45 PM
RE: My deconversion story, oh boy.
Wow, that sounds like a hard religion to get out of. I'm really glad you were able to escape!

[Image: notagain.gif]
14-03-2014, 03:49 PM
(14-03-2014 03:45 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Wow, that sounds like a hard religion to get out of. I'm really glad you were able to escape!

It is. Im glad I left, but to be fair it is funny they exist. The slave owner forced blacks into slavery and christianity and this happens.

14-03-2014, 04:16 PM
(14-03-2014 03:49 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 03:45 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Wow, that sounds like a hard religion to get out of. I'm really glad you were able to escape!

It is. Im glad I left, but to be fair it is funny they exist. The slave owner forced blacks into slavery and christianity and this happens.

It is really interesting what all develops in history, especially groups like these. You've made me curious, I'm going to research this.

[Image: notagain.gif]
14-03-2014, 04:23 PM
(14-03-2014 04:16 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 03:49 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  It is. Im glad I left, but to be fair it is funny they exist. The slave owner forced blacks into slavery and christianity and this happens.

It is really interesting what all develops in history, especially groups like these. You've made me curious, I'm going to research this.

Good luck, and your going to have a good laugh. Come back to me when you are done.

14-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I wanted to start a thread dealing with the "black jew". A friend of mine is one. I was going to highlight some of the "proofs" for this world view by looking at scripture. One of the motivating factors that give this branch of christianity life is the curses in deuteronomy. They say they more adequately fit the persecution of the black man rather than the whites that call themselves jews currently. Scriptures like "You shall build a house but you shall not live in it." are at the heart of this movement. Also some of the physical characteristics of the main characters in the bible. They are more reminiscent of a black person.

I found the curses but struggled to get the scriptures that describe facial/body features.

Funny thing though is that african americans' genetics are allegedly traced back to western africa. White jews' DNA is historically traced back to Israel.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
14-03-2014, 05:01 PM
(14-03-2014 04:57 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Yeah, I wanted to start a thread dealing with the "black jew". A friend of mine is one. I was going to highlight some of the "proofs" for this world view by looking at scripture. One of the motivating factors that give this branch of christianity life is the curses in deuteronomy. They say they more adequately fit the persecution of the black man rather than the whites that call themselves jews currently. Scriptures like "You shall build a house but you shall not live in it." are at the heart of this movement. Also some of the physical characteristics of the main characters in the bible. They are more reminiscent of a black person.

I found the curses but struggled to get the scriptures that describe facial/body features.

Funny thing though is that african americans' genetics are allegedly traced back to western africa. White jews' DNA is historically traced back to Israel.

Science won't work with them. I got in a debate with one and when I brought up DNA he said he won't listen because DNA research is run by the banks.

14-03-2014, 05:01 PM
What is their approach to how white/European people are to be interacted with and dealt with?
Just wondering if they're relatively harmless or if I should walk the other way if I came across them (as I'm very white).
14-03-2014, 05:02 PM
(14-03-2014 05:01 PM)Charis Wrote:  What is their approach to how white/European people are to be interacted with and dealt with?

They treat them as they are supposed to be slaves. They feel that the white man should work for them because they say europeans are the sons of esau who god hated.

14-03-2014, 05:06 PM
(14-03-2014 05:02 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 05:01 PM)Charis Wrote:  What is their approach to how white/European people are to be interacted with and dealt with?

They treat them as they are supposed to be slaves. They feel that the white man should work for them because they say europeans are the sons of esau who god hated.
Ahh. So not necessarily an immediate physical threat, but don't draw undue attention to myself and don't make them mad? Tongue