My defect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: My defect
(21-08-2013 07:52 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There are laws that say that "reasonable accommodations" have to be made for those with disabilities. I would think you could push this issue, especially with a school, if all it involves is typing. Many schools now have a "diversity" officer, or advocate. I was sorry to read the way you introduced yourself. Are you really defined by this ? I somehow doubt it.

Well you have to understand that I am not in US. I face more problems here. To get a bit more time in exams, I have to do tons of paperwork, do 5 tests in total (in a hospital, the education bureu, the examination autority...), talk to dotors, social workers in my school... just to get the paperworks needed. Then even if I get them all, I can only get that extra time in public exams.
And I don't really define myself with this. But I am bothered by it... alot.....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2013, 06:17 AM
(20-08-2013 09:58 AM)bustead Wrote:  A dysgraphia patient. That's who I am. It bothers me when I stayed in the classroom late as I have a longer test time. I heard people talking about it and...well... I wasn't exactly happy.
I tried to stay positive but i failed when I retested for my 6th time in my chemistry test and still failled........due to poor spelling.
I just wanted to say it out lound and clear. Thanks for whoever reading this for simplely being there.

If you really have this disorder it seems your teachers should let you verbally test for these classes. If you are disabled they have to by law I believe make an effort to accommodate you.

are you actually disabled in this way? I would suggest you pursue the matter with your school and if needed a lawyer.
23-08-2013, 09:08 AM
(22-08-2013 06:17 AM)gall Wrote:  
(20-08-2013 09:58 AM)bustead Wrote:  A dysgraphia patient. That's who I am. It bothers me when I stayed in the classroom late as I have a longer test time. I heard people talking about it and...well... I wasn't exactly happy.
I tried to stay positive but i failed when I retested for my 6th time in my chemistry test and still failled........due to poor spelling.
I just wanted to say it out lound and clear. Thanks for whoever reading this for simplely being there.

If you really have this disorder it seems your teachers should let you verbally test for these classes. If you are disabled they have to by law I believe make an effort to accommodate you.

are you actually disabled in this way? I would suggest you pursue the matter with your school and if needed a lawyer.

Again I am not in US. Things are different here. Besides I have applied for extra time already, but there will be a long wait till I get any reply.
23-08-2013, 10:10 AM
While you wait, you might as well try to figure out good ways to get around it.

Go back to the beginning. Write out the alphabet and sound it out as you write.

Then try to figure out all the two letter words for each letter. (Some may not have any, and I don't know what country you live in or what your native language may be)

So a is at, an, ad, am, as, and so on.

Read all those out loud a few times.

Next, make 3 letter words with each letter from the alphabet. And so on.

This is not necessarily so you remember it by rote, but so your brain will keep making attempts to make connections in different ways.

It will help your brain to make connections and/or substitute a different pattern to go by...

It can't hurt, and it may help a lot. Don't forget to sound it out loud as you write it, even if it feels silly, it activates two other parts of your brain, speech and hearing, and brings them into the mix for problem solving. The more parts of your brain you engage, the likelier it is that you will discover a work around.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-08-2013, 03:52 AM
(23-08-2013 10:10 AM)Dom Wrote:  While you wait, you might as well try to figure out good ways to get around it.

Go back to the beginning. Write out the alphabet and sound it out as you write.

Then try to figure out all the two letter words for each letter. (Some may not have any, and I don't know what country you live in or what your native language may be)

So a is at, an, ad, am, as, and so on.

Read all those out loud a few times.

Next, make 3 letter words with each letter from the alphabet. And so on.

This is not necessarily so you remember it by rote, but so your brain will keep making attempts to make connections in different ways.

It will help your brain to make connections and/or substitute a different pattern to go by...

It can't hurt, and it may help a lot. Don't forget to sound it out loud as you write it, even if it feels silly, it activates two other parts of your brain, speech and hearing, and brings them into the mix for problem solving. The more parts of your brain you engage, the likelier it is that you will discover a work around.

That's what I am doing right now. However it is hard for me to distingush "i" "e" "a" "-sion" "-tion" etc. And I have to learn my native language as well so it will be a long hard way...