My discussions with Creationists!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 10:22 AM
My discussions with Creationists!
I recall a creationist asking me! "If evolution is real then, explain how religion appeared as a process of evolution and how it was evolutionary beneficial to ancient man?" He seemed pretty smug thinking he had me stumped. I retorted that when mankind reached the point of self awareness it was only natural to begin to question their mortality, surroundings and try to make sense of it all. I also pointed out that language needed to have evolved to a point for mankind to express these things. As far as to how it was beneficial to ancient man I responded that people with similar beliefs formed communities and it's far easier to survive in a community than by yourself and that once again language played a large role as; all over the world people who spoke a different language more often then not followed a different belief system.

Do you have a similar story or questions or comments about mine. Smile

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: My discussions with Creationists!
About the closest "dumb evolution" question I've heard is "if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?". I guess I'd counter with "if hamburgers come from cows, why are there still cows?"

The creation of religion can probably be best explained as a combination of god-of-the-gaps reasoning to answer unknown questions and as a form of political control.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
09-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Short answer; we are paranoid apes with curiosity and imagination.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
09-12-2013, 02:10 PM
The whole giraffe-neck-brain thing makes me want to facepalm. Anyone who brings that up clearly doesn't understand how animals adapt and evolve.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post