RE: My dog died yesterday...
So sorry Emma Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Hug
I read it despite what I knew would happen . Hug
We had our own 14 year JRT, Rocky or RockyJ or rocketdog, and I feel your pain most acutely.
20-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Hug
20-03-2017, 09:26 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

My dog died suddenly too this year and I'll admit in an odd way, his death hit me harder than my mother in law's passing just days before him. The only reason for that was maybe because he was here and now he's not. I miss his ways. Sadcryface

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-03-2017, 09:31 AM
(20-03-2017 08:23 AM)Emma Wrote:  I feel like I need to tell the story. Please don't read this if it hurts too much to read about the death of a loved pet. I know I'd have had a hard time reading something like this even before.

It hurts. I still remember my last pet dying 4 years ago. My sympathies go out to you, since they are like family. Right now I can't even afford a visit to the vet. That's the only reason why I haven't got a new furry friend. It's not the life I desire, since I had pets for 40 years. But it would be irresponsible to take one in if I can't provide for them to the best what they deserve.
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
20-03-2017, 09:48 AM
I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Emma. It's so difficult to lose a loved one.

What you said here ...

"We spent some good quality time with him that day. I gave him cuddles, had him on the couch with me, with his head in my lap while I played video games. Layed with him in his extra-large bed for a little while."

... was good for you both - he responded to your love and comfort. In a sense, you were able to "say goodbye" to each other. He no longer suffers from his ageing issues.

Heart Take care.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-03-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm so sorry to hear it Emma. It certainly does knock the wind out of you to lose a pet like that. My condolences.
20-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Hug

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
20-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Thank you all so much. We did select the private cremation package which does include a pawprint. But you made me want to call and confirm that they are, and they are for sure.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
20-03-2017, 10:42 AM
Hug

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson