My dog died yesterday...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2017, 12:24 AM
RE: My dog died yesterday...
I'm so sorry Emma, you have my deepest sympathies Heart

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2017, 06:01 AM
So sorry to hear that. I have loved and lost dogs myself, I can't live without them.

Another one will find you. There are so many in need... I have 4 of them now and can't volunteer at the shelter because another would come home with me and that wouldn't be fair to my guys.

Dogs are total individuals just like people, no two will ever be the same. But they all offer so much love....

You did good, you offered your guy a happy life. HeartHug

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
21-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Thank you all, you are all so kind. I'll be grieving for a while. So I keep coming back to this thread. My wife and I spent the night last night watching Moana and Tangled, just because they were light and I'd never seen them before. I feel guilty for just about anything I do because it all feels so selfish. It's so hard to laugh and easy to cry.

But you are all so right- we really did give him a loving home. He was a key part of a happy pack. Most dogs in the world throughout history have known pain, hunger, and suffering. But we got to give him a shelter, food, water, several comfy beds in every room, toys to play with, treats to enjoy, his own yard to run in and patrol, and access to sit in the sun or shade outside whenever he pleased (if we were home). He was a happy guy and lived to be a happy old "man"- as we used to tease him. He had it all, and he deserved it all. He was a good boy.
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
21-03-2017, 10:28 AM
All I can offer you is my sincerest condolences for your loss.
May your happy memories of him bring you some comfort during this difficult time.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
21-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Sending hugs x

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
21-03-2017, 12:52 PM
I'm a pet lover myself. Really sad to hear that. Many Hugs for you.
Hope you cheer up
21-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Haven't been on this forum in several months but checked in and saw this post and had to respond.

Really sorry for your loss. I'm a dog owner and actively involved in dog rescue and I know how much it hurts when our furry friends leave us. Dogs are like children that never grow past the toddler stage but have unfortunate short life spans. It sucks losing them. I lost one of my dogs almost 3 years ago and I still miss her.

I guess the only real consolation is that you loved her and she had a good life, which is more than a lot of dogs have (trust me on this). And, with time, the pain will fade and good memories will remain. Getting another dog helps too. There are plenty of dogs who need good homes. Once you and your wife have had some time to grieve, maybe considering rescuing another dog so it too can have a great life.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-03-2017, 04:37 PM
(21-03-2017 10:05 AM)Emma Wrote:  Thank you all, you are all so kind. I'll be grieving for a while. So I keep coming back to this thread. My wife and I spent the night last night watching Moana and Tangled, just because they were light and I'd never seen them before. I feel guilty for just about anything I do because it all feels so selfish. It's so hard to laugh and easy to cry.

But you are all so right- we really did give him a loving home. He was a key part of a happy pack. Most dogs in the world throughout history have known pain, hunger, and suffering. But we got to give him a shelter, food, water, several comfy beds in every room, toys to play with, treats to enjoy, his own yard to run in and patrol, and access to sit in the sun or shade outside whenever he pleased (if we were home). He was a happy guy and lived to be a happy old "man"- as we used to tease him. He had it all, and he deserved it all. He was a good boy.

I wish I had seen this before...my condolences, Emma. What a good life you gave him and what a great compliment: He was a good boy.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post
24-03-2017, 05:43 PM
(21-03-2017 10:05 AM)Emma Wrote:  But you are all so right- we really did give him a loving home. He was a key part of a happy pack. Most dogs in the world throughout history have known pain, hunger, and suffering. But we got to give him a shelter, food, water, several comfy beds in every room, toys to play with, treats to enjoy, his own yard to run in and patrol, and access to sit in the sun or shade outside whenever he pleased (if we were home). He was a happy guy and lived to be a happy old "man"- as we used to tease him. He had it all, and he deserved it all. He was a good boy.

I still keep saying that to myself whenever my thoughts travel to my last dog and feeling guilty for not being nice on occasion. But that's probably happening in every relationship. You aren't always nice but still love them.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
24-03-2017, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. If I could give you a warm hug, I would.

I have an old dog myself. She'll be thirteen years old on the last day of august. She used to belong to my mum, but due to my mum's dementia, we had to take over ownership. My mum died in desember last year.

This strange idea has formed in my mind; that as long as the dog is still alive, part of my mum is also alive. Happy, as she called her dog, is a Wheaten Terrier. A stubborn and opinionated old lady, quite assertive and dogmatic (pun intended), but very charming and lovable. With a few teeth missing, but enough left for a friendly smile.

I dread the day she dies. The loss will be double, and the sadness wil be infinite.

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
[+] 3 users Like Harvey's post