My dog died yesterday...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2017, 10:09 AM
RE: My dog died yesterday...
(12-06-2017 09:15 AM)Emma Wrote:  I had another dog die on Thursday. We'd been treating Nala, one of our 2 little yorkies, for heart disease for about a year now. Unfortunately on Thursday night on the 8th, her little heart grew too big and the treatment wasn't working enough anymore. We took her into the emergency vet, they did an X-ray and found that her heart was having a very rough time of it. It had grown too large. She was having trouble breathing, and we were already at the max dosage of medications. We had to make the decision to put her to sleep. She was our Sunshine girl. She had such a wonderful and happy smile, a little tail that she loved to waggle, and she loved loved loved kisses and raspberries! She will be missed dearly.

She was two months younger than Luke and died two months later. Both died at the age of 12.

This fucking sucks. We still have Ben with us for the time being. He's an 8 year old little yorkie and I hope that we still have lots of time with him. Now I worry all the time that we'll lose him, too, somehow.

Oh Emma I am so sorry. Hug it's so hard to lose a pet, which IMO, is like losing a family member. I can tell they were much loved dogs and I'm sure they knew it too.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your dog, Emma.
Know you have friends here, and you have your wife. You are not alone in this.
Let me know if you need to talk, offering you an ear if you need one.

Also your inbox is full.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
12-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Thank you both.

(12-06-2017 11:26 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Also your inbox is full.

Ah- sorry, fixed it.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
12-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Very sorry to read about this, Emma.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
13-06-2017, 01:40 PM
(12-06-2017 09:15 AM)Emma Wrote:  I had another dog die on Thursday. We'd been treating Nala, one of our 2 little yorkies, for heart disease for about a year now. Unfortunately on Thursday night on the 8th, her little heart grew too big and the treatment wasn't working enough anymore. We took her into the emergency vet, they did an X-ray and found that her heart was having a very rough time of it. It had grown too large. She was having trouble breathing, and we were already at the max dosage of medications. We had to make the decision to put her to sleep. She was our Sunshine girl. She had such a wonderful and happy smile, a little tail that she loved to waggle, and she loved loved loved kisses and raspberries! She will be missed dearly.

She was two months younger than Luke and died two months later. Both died at the age of 12.

This fucking sucks. We still have Ben with us for the time being. He's an 8 year old little yorkie and I hope that we still have lots of time with him. Now I worry all the time that we'll lose him, too, somehow.

Sorry for this additional loss, Emma.
13-06-2017, 04:42 PM
Sorry for your loss, Emma. I also greatly appreciate the company of dogs. Wouldn't want to be with out it. I'm glad you have a dog to help you get through the loss of the other dog(s). It helps. I like having two and try to stagger their ages by a half dozen years. So my dog Heidi is 8 and Smoke is (almost) 2. They can't live as long as we would like and we wouldn't want to live as long as they do. But I find the pain of their death is greatly exceeded by the joy of their lives and which they inspire in ours. I hope you always have a good dog in your life.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 2 users Like whateverist's post
13-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Losing any pet is tough, and that double whammy has to really hurt.
I am sad for you and yours.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-06-2017, 08:54 PM
I am so sorry Sad You sound like a very good dog mom. Hugs to you!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
13-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Sorry to see this. Hug Dogs are so much fun. Get a new puppy! Yes That isn't meant to demean the existence of your previous pets. I'm sure your old dog would have loved to have kept you happy longer.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post