• 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2011, 01:08 PM
RE: My drunk post
Go! [Image: thumbs_up_smiley.gif]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I will go , I have started going , every saturday with friends - to local pubs.
BTW - that image is from ducati monster - you a motorcycle fan ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
09-02-2011, 03:29 AM
Yes I am. But it's more a coincidence. I found it after I googled "smiley thumbs up" Smile
I used to ride a Kawasaki ZZR1100. I still have it but I cant ride it anymore (budget) Sad

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
09-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Sorry to hear Sad

09-02-2011, 07:56 AM
(09-02-2011 07:35 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Sorry to hear Sad
That's how life goes man! I have made other priorities. Payment on the house, home improvement, wife, ex-wife, new-wife, upcoming child.

Well... It was fun while it lasted. Speed regulations and controls are way up now as well. It just isn't as fun as it used to be anymore. I drive a lot of Km in my car as well. In the week-end I am glad to be home.

Wanna buy a ZZR1100?
[Image: 1689.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
09-02-2011, 05:22 PM
No , I can't buy a motorcycle , I don't have a driver license for a car.
Heck I can't even ride a bicycle properly .

Quote:wife, ex-wife, new-wife,
Dude - you're in some serious shit. What on earth happened , were you a mormon or something ?

10-02-2011, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2011 01:38 AM by Observer.)
(09-02-2011 05:22 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  No , I can't buy a motorcycle , I don't have a driver license for a car.
Heck I can't even ride a bicycle properly .

Quote:wife, ex-wife, new-wife,
Dude - you're in some serious shit. What on earth happened , were you a mormon or something ?
It has less to do with Mormons but more with hormones, besides that, my ex was a moron Big GrinBig Grin

It is easy to mess your life up. A few misconceptions, good intentions and lack of perspective can suffice, I learned. But I remained calm and by rationalising and not following the emotions of the moment I was able to limit the damage.

You know... That's why most of us say you should make a priority of your self-esteem. If I had more of that before I started dating my ex, I would not ended up marring her and I would be spared of that divorce payment shit.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
10-02-2011, 05:19 AM
But I can't get a date because of low self esteem.
You got married because of it ?!

10-02-2011, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2011 11:27 AM by Observer.)
(10-02-2011 05:19 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  But I can't get a date because of low self esteem.
You got married because of it ?!
LOL!! Smile well... That DOES require some explanation, does it.

When your low on self esteem you risk on dating the wrong person. Persons who don't really respect you, see you as useful or need you to organise their life. Your low self-esteem attract such people and tells you you're not worthy of better. Not that their intend is evil from the beginning, but it’s just the way human interaction works. Once you are in a relation, you settle in patterns. After a while you even don't know how you got there. In my case it became very hard for me to say no and "let her down". If she would have respected me she would understand this, but this was not the case. Mostly she was to occupied with herself.
a typical pattern would be something like this
She: Would you go shopping with me? (I hate shopping and commerce)
Me: We already went last week.
She: please.
Me: no.
She: pretty please!
Me: please no
After a while either I gave up on saying no, or made it "the short pain".
Since I already owned a house before I met her, she was eager to point out it would be much safer for her if she was owner as well. So I married her (after 10 years of saying no). Well 6 months into marriage she decided she "liked to experience what it was to live on her own"

Needless to say I decided she did not need to come back!
I can still picture myself changing the lock of the front door. What an incredible relieve that was!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
10-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Ouch - now that was painful.
Marriage is on the negative list for me from now on Tongue

Still , kinda sad how we work on the self-esteem issue.Have to read up on it.I'll try to be more confident to avoid such situations.