My experience of depression

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2017, 10:55 PM
RE: My experience of depression
(20-05-2017 05:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-05-2017 12:33 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  There are some disagreements about terminology, but I have what is otherwise known as chronic fatigue syndrome. Some people say M.E. is something else entirely, but many treat them as the same. It leaves me with very little mental and physical energy. I'm unable to work and barely scrape by doing day to day tasks.

Seems like there should be medication for that. Ever tried Modafinil ? It works without having the amphetamine sides. I use a Modafinil prodrug called Adrafinil which is available OTC in the US. It's not controlled in the UK either. If I had been tired for over a decade I'd sure as hell give it a go.

I have never heard of that, thanks for the recommendation. The official stance of all medical bodies in the UK at least is that there is no medication or treatment for the condition except pacing yourself. The big problem is that it's diagnosed by exclusion of other conditions. There's no direct test for it. I did see on the news that some research is being done on a drug that appears to be a cure of sorts.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply