My eyes have been slowly opening.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: My eyes have been slowly opening.
(04-11-2012 03:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  How in the world could you ever shun knowledge? Or wisdom? Or science?

You have a 190 page thread of you doing exactly that, my friend. Post after post of you tap-dancing around scientific formulas and trying to explain away obvious counter-evidence with figurative language.

You just don't know you're doing it because that religious filter in your brain is firmly in place.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Buddy Christ's post
04-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Laughat Laughat Laughat

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
04-11-2012, 05:38 PM
(04-11-2012 05:23 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 03:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  How in the world could you ever shun knowledge? Or wisdom? Or science?

You have a 190 page thread of you doing exactly that, my friend. Post after post of you tap-dancing around scientific formulas and trying to explain away obvious counter-evidence with figurative language.

You just don't know you're doing it because that religious filter in your brain is firmly in place.
Perhaps said filter is not as firmly planted as we once thought?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
04-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Good grief, don't pick on 'ole KC. He realizes the irrationality of his fellow followers and you'ns all gang up on him.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
04-11-2012, 05:44 PM
(04-11-2012 05:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 05:23 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You have a 190 page thread of you doing exactly that, my friend. Post after post of you tap-dancing around scientific formulas and trying to explain away obvious counter-evidence with figurative language.

Perhaps said filter is not as firmly planted as we once thought?

Well we have been overloading it. That make and model filter is only faith tested for the first 5,000 questions. After that if you don't get a filter change, you can expect to notice some atheism gunk buildup.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
04-11-2012, 05:50 PM
(04-11-2012 05:42 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Good grief, don't pick on 'ole KC. He realizes the irrationality of his fellow followers and you'ns all gang up on him.
Jelly? You can be ganged up just as easily... Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Good on you KC. My brother tried to pull that 'just a theory' bullshit on me a few days ago, and I wouldn't let him get away with it. Although, I'm pretty sure he just blocked it all out.

Just a few more years and you'll be a filthy atheist like the rest of us. Big Grin Wink

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Deconversion is a long complex process. Go easy peeps.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-11-2012, 07:01 PM
(04-11-2012 03:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I just sat there. Didn't say a word. I was sort of shocked.

It can be a bit of a shock, I suppose. Hell of a day at Sea, huh Kingsy? Shy

I realized sometime ago that you simply stood so deep within a bunch of trees, you really had no idea that you were surrounded by an actual forest.

Do you remember that time a few months ago when we exchanged nasty words? Ok, I used the nastier ones. Dodgy Anyway, you referenced what I felt was a fairly archaic or obscure biblical term. I told you I couldn't quite remember it so I looked it up, while you advised me it was a common term. I think I said to you... No, this not common unless one is a Christian. I think the last thing I said was something like... once again you expect the world to be only your size.

That's kind of what I'm referring to when I say, it looks like your world is growing. I'm glad for you even though it might kind of feel like pulling off a layer of skin. Don't worry, it grows back. You'll be ok - just always be aware of it. Decide if you are going to call people on their ignorance. You can still be yourself; you can still be sensitive to their journey and help get the point across to them. It's ok too, if you don't want to address the situation... you are in control of you. You know you always have been.

Tomorrow is a different day Kingsy. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
04-11-2012, 07:16 PM
(04-11-2012 06:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Deconversion is a long complex process. Go easy peeps.

It's all fucking yellow. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.