My eyes have been slowly opening.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
RE: My eyes have been slowly opening.
Ok wait....are some of you suggesting that this is some sort of step towards "deconversion"?

From what I can recall, this is the sort of thing that strengthens KCs faith.

Just sayin.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-11-2012, 07:30 PM
(04-11-2012 07:24 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ok wait....are some of you suggesting that this is some sort of step towards "deconversion"?

Just sayin.

I'm just sayin' that it's all yellow, That's all. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-11-2012, 07:39 PM
(04-11-2012 07:24 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ok wait....are some of you suggesting that this is some sort of step towards "deconversion"?

Just sayin.

I was just thinking the very same. This may only serve to diminish his opinion of Christians or even just non-Calvinists. Too soon to tell.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
04-11-2012, 07:40 PM

Just sayin.
I'm probably the only one who was saying that. Not knowing KC well at all, I am probably egregiously wrong, but here's to hope, right?

Just be you KC. Blush

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 07:57 PM
(04-11-2012 07:39 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  

Just sayin.

I was just thinking the very same. This may only serve to diminish his opinion of Christians or even just non-Calvinists. Too soon to tell.

It has only helped him understand that Southern Baptists are not Elect. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
04-11-2012, 08:02 PM
When did knowledge and learning become dirty words in this society?

This disturbs me much more than KC's possible maybe eventual deconversion. (Nothing personal, KC.)

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
04-11-2012, 08:10 PM

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
04-11-2012, 08:21 PM
(04-11-2012 03:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
How in the world could you ever shun knowledge? Or wisdom? Or science?

When we are taught to.
Confused

If I may sound an uncharacteristically sour note...

You may or may not recall a few weeks back when a trainee pastor joined the forum to use us to practice his skills. I didn't react well.

Recently, regarding your brother, I have been sitting on my typing fingers out of respect for you.

But!

What you were witnessing is what I call child-abuse.

No, not child rape. Leave that for the papists.

You saw the result of the corruption of the "duty of care", abuse of trust and abuse of a wider responsibility to humanity in the legacy we all leave behind us.

Now you have seen it.

Seen it as we see it.

What are you going to do?

Fight or flight?

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
04-11-2012, 08:25 PM
(04-11-2012 03:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I guess it was because of my oblivious nature towards others... lack of exposure... or just plain ignorance... but, I've been starting to notice something that you guys have been complaining about since Day 1.

It's not necessarily one thing... it's just an eclectic collection. I'm talking about the stuff that theists do or say that just make you "..."

I've always said, "Where are y'all finding these people? I've never come in contact with anyone like this."

I noticed it this morning in Sunday School. The lesson was on a believer's faith being "spoiled" per Paul in Colossians. The questioned was asked, "What are some things that can 'spoil' someone's faith and cause them to abandon it."

Someone said "knowledge". I sarcastically chuckled as I thought it was a joke; however, the rest of the class agreed. They were saying stuff like "Yeah, it seems that more smart people are atheists." and "The more education someone has the more likely they are going to abandon their faith."

They justified it by saying that the smarter people are arrogant and rely on themselves and not God.

We also had one guy say, "...and it seems like the smart people all believe in 'theory' of evolution."

I just sat there. Didn't say a word. I was sort of shocked.

How in the world could you ever shun knowledge? Or wisdom? Or science?

I know sooner or later I'm going to be chased out with torches and pitchforks. The day is coming.
Do you really want to belong to a group whose beliefs are so weak they don't want them questioned?

Where ever you end up, just know that you have to question things and certainly be able to disagree instead of following along with blind faith and obedience. Goodevil

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-11-2012, 08:26 PM
...pssssst. QC changed his watch, when she turned the clocks back. He thinks it's April fools day. Play along. Just humor him. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post