My father died last week

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2014, 08:14 AM
RE: My father died last week
I am so sorry that you have lost your dad. I lost my mother about a year and a half ago, and I still cry over her. I know I will never see her again, and that is sometimes very hard to bear. The way you have described the "star stuff" that your dad has now become is lovely. That makes us all part of this vast and beautiful universe. Keep all of your happy memories of him close at heart. You have my deepest sympathy.

(17-04-2014 07:28 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  My father died last week. He was 69. He battled illness for the last several years of his life and suffered a slow decline.

He lived with me, my wife, and our two children. He was a great dad, he was always there for my high school band competitions, in college when I was in the Penn State Blue Band. He always was there for games, and other things. He put me through college. I am lucky. I got through college with no debt thanks to him.

I feel a bit guilty, in the last years I often didn't talk to him as much as I should have, or spent the time with him that I should have. Maybe that is just grief guilt speaking, but I with I had a few more minutes with him.

The words of carl sagan regarding star stuff have been very comforting. The iron in his blood, and calcium in his teeth were all forged in stars and back to stars he will go. The trillions of molecules of oxygen he breathed are dispersed all across the earth, and with every breath I'm sure I breath a molecule of oxygen that he had breathed.

That is strongly reassuring.
The photo is from around 1979.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2014, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2014 04:41 PM by Cathym112.)
RE: My father died last week
A poem my sister wrote for grief beyond belief.

https://m.facebook.com/faithfreegriefsup...4&refid=17

My deepest condolences

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply