My father is probably going to be homeless

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
01-08-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: My father is probably going to be homeless
(01-08-2016 03:52 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's a bit complicated, there were some incidents in the past where he was emotionally abusive to me and my brother, so knowing that he's capable of what he did, I have a very hard time with trusting him.

Simple "emotional abuse"? BFD

"Fuck off! My house, my rules! You know where the door is and don't make me get up and show you!"

Part of your job would be to take charge of the situation.

Again though, not actually being in your situation still makes it hard to advise.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2016, 04:02 PM
(01-08-2016 03:52 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's a bit complicated, there were some incidents in the past where he was emotionally abusive to me and my brother, so knowing that he's capable of what he did, I have a very hard time with trusting him.

So you're like what now 20 yo, 22 yo, 24 yo? In any case you can kick the shit out of your drunk old man. You don't need to trust him but I would give him my bed until he got his shit together. And since I want my fucking bed back I would make sure he got his shit together.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-08-2016, 04:02 PM
(01-08-2016 03:59 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  Simple "emotional abuse"? BFD

Emotional abuse isn't "simple" at all. Also I'm not sure why you're posting in a support thread if you're being needlessly dismissive of someone's issue.

[+] 4 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
01-08-2016, 04:05 PM
(01-08-2016 04:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

So you're like what now 20 yo, 22 yo, 24 yo? In any case you can kick the shit out of your drunk old man. You don't need to trust him but I would give him my bed until he got his shit together. And since I want my fucking bed back I would make sure he got his shit together.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
01-08-2016, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2016 04:14 PM by Born Again Pagan.)
Does he get social security? I know 2 different people who are barely able to care for themselves who have come to the Dominican Republic and have found a local woman to care for all their needs and she is in charge of their social security check, does the cooking and cleaning and shopping and the bedroom thing all for her room and board, and the few pesos to get her hair done etc... And she lives a lot better than she was before her gringo came to live with her. You'd have to take a week off work to bring him here and get him settled, but if he is not violent and still coherent he can find a caretaker in this manner. A google translator on a smart phone helps communication. or better said makes communication possible.
PM me if this is an option you would be interested in pursuing.

PS I carried my alcoholic brother for decades. He died a year ago last month, but I am aware of what you are going thru. I suggested this solution to the rest of my family for him,but no one was with me as it being a solution and finally he was put into a mental hospital where it took him 2 years to wither away. I think he would still be going to the beach and watching the little brown babes in their bikinis today if they'd tried my option.
01-08-2016, 04:14 PM
(01-08-2016 04:05 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 04:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So you're like what now 20 yo, 22 yo, 24 yo? In any case you can kick the shit out of your drunk old man. You don't need to trust him but I would give him my bed until he got his shit together. And since I want my fucking bed back I would make sure he got his shit together.

I've been getting my shit together since all of this shit fell apart.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
01-08-2016, 04:14 PM
(01-08-2016 04:09 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Does he get social security? I know 2 different people who are barely able to care for themselves who have come to the Dominican Republic and have found a local woman to care for all their needs and she is in charge of their social security check, does the cooking and cleaning and shopping and the bedroom thing all for her room and board, and the few pesos to get her hair done etc... And she lives a lot better than she was before her gringo came to live with her. You'd have to take a week off work to bring him here and get him settled, but if he is not violent and still coherent he can find a caretaker in this manner. A google translator on a smart phone helps communication. or better said makes communication possible.

He was living on disability from what I know.

01-08-2016, 04:18 PM
(01-08-2016 04:14 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 04:09 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Does he get social security? I know 2 different people who are barely able to care for themselves who have come to the Dominican Republic and have found a local woman to care for all their needs and she is in charge of their social security check, does the cooking and cleaning and shopping and the bedroom thing all for her room and board, and the few pesos to get her hair done etc... And she lives a lot better than she was before her gringo came to live with her. You'd have to take a week off work to bring him here and get him settled, but if he is not violent and still coherent he can find a caretaker in this manner. A google translator on a smart phone helps communication. or better said makes communication possible.

He was living on disability from what I know.

If it is state funds then they probably wouldn't pay if he left the state, but if so if he has $1000 monthly it would cover all his needs here including a live in everything. I also know a man who isn't yet 50 years old and he gets some sort of federal check of $1250 per month and lives on that.
01-08-2016, 04:19 PM
(01-08-2016 04:14 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I've been getting my shit together since all of this shit fell apart.

Yup. Me too. And that was 50 years ago. That's just the way it is. Let Girly know if I can help. But note that I am way more batshit bonkers than you.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-08-2016, 04:21 PM
(01-08-2016 04:18 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 04:14 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  He was living on disability from what I know.

If it is state funds then they probably wouldn't pay if he left the state, but if so if he has $1000 monthly it would cover all his needs here including a live in everything. I also know a man who isn't yet 50 years old and he gets some sort of federal check of $1250 per month and lives on that.

I don't believe it is possible to live on $1000 in the USA anywhere, but here it is. We pay 8000 pesos for a nice apartment, which at 45 pesos to the dollar comes out to about $180.00 US Dollars a month.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post