My father wishes he were dying but he isn't... yet.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: My father wishes he were dying but he isn't... yet.
I echo a lot of the same sentiments as above and I am sorry that you and your dad are going trough this. I would add that I know multiple oncologists who deal with end of life issues involving a lot of pain. Some, but not all are into respecting the patient's and family's decision that it is their time to go and simply dial up the morphine to the point that the patient is in a coma and without food or drink pass within a few days without feeling any pain. Now, from what I understand, when oncologists do this is when the patient is pretty close to the end and whether the patient passes in 3 days versus 6 days, is not a huge deal. They wouldn't do this if the patient had 3 months to live. I think you need to talk to a doctor or several doctors to get some opinions about this possibility but also understand that they may not give you a straight answer and it may be a nuanced answer that this is something they may be willing to do.

Some religious people provably are opposed to this, but then again when pope John Paul said fuck the feeding tube (to quote Bill Maher) after opposing taking the feeding tube out of Terry Schiavo, I don't think they have much of a leg to stand on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2015, 06:48 PM
RE: My father wishes he were dying but he isn't... yet.
I wasn't of the idea that the father was nearing the end of his life but was hoping it would end, to end the pain. Has he tried MJ? It works wonders for people with cancer, MS, Fibromyalgia.. It can't make it any worse.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply