My favorite TV comedy skit of all time....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2017, 06:26 PM
RE: My favorite TV comedy skit of all time....
(22-07-2017 02:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Whenever I'm down in the dumps that Carol Burnett sketch does it for me.

Rowan Atkinsons is hysterical in this little Jesus sketch though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2017, 06:30 PM
(22-07-2017 05:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sorry folks. The farting preacher is the best thing ever done. Ever.
In the whole world.
Oh wait. It was not on TV. Never mind. Blush

HOLY FUCKING CRAP I had not seen this before. I am dead serious I am glad I wasn't drinking or eating anything while watching that. Brilliant editing!Big GrinTongue

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
22-07-2017, 06:35 PM

[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-07-2017, 06:58 PM
(22-07-2017 02:44 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Any of the skits where the cast was trying not to crack up always made me laugh. Just watching them stifle their smiles was funny. Tim Conway really got to Harvey Korman a few times.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-07-2017, 08:41 PM
(22-07-2017 06:17 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 05:00 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

I forgot what that comedians name was in the Dean Martin skit, but I do remember him having a running joke throughout media as being the on stage drunk.

THAT'S the old memory I was trying to drag up! Car 54, Where Are You? He played a guy walking/stumbling down the sidewalk smoking a joint and he put it in his pocket when the cop car pulled over. And set his pocket on fire. Damn I can't remember the fourth thing on my grocery list but I can remember THAT?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
22-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Love The Whitest Kids you Know.

23-07-2017, 06:03 AM

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
23-07-2017, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2017 09:12 AM by dancefortwo.)
Some of you might know I loooooove old movies. I came across this W C Fields sketch from a movie the other day...it's still in the sketch mode though. It's from the movie "Never Give a Sucker an Even Break

For the younger people who aren't familiar with W C Fields and his daily drink of choice he had this to say about drinking water...

"I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it."

Anyway, here's a comdey sketch with a waitress played by the brilliant character actress Jody Gilbert.

Then there's the famous dentist sketch. Laugh out load I swear, I think I've had dentists use a 404 Circular Buzzsaw on my teeth.

Edit to add: By the way, this was a pre-code movie. He did this sketch in the vaudeville circut and it was much more graphic and sexual.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
23-07-2017, 09:11 AM
(23-07-2017 09:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Some of you might know I loooooove old movies. I came across this W C Fields sketch from a movie the other day...it's still in the sketch mode though. It's from the movie "Never Give a Sucker an Even Break

For the younger people who aren't familiar with W C Fields and his daily drink of choice he had this to say about drinking water...

Anyway, here's a comdey sketch with a waitress played by the brilliant character actress Jody Gilbert.

Then there's the famous dentist sketch. Laugh out load I swear, I think I've had dentists use a 404 Circular Buzzsaw on my teeth.

I don't recall if you listen to podcasts or not, but I recently found one you might like. It's called 'You Must Remember This'. There are several episodes about actors from back in the day.

Joan Crawford
Bogart
Marlene Dietrich
Betty Davis
Hepburn

And lots more. If have found them to be pretty enjoyable to listen to at work.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-07-2017, 10:24 AM
(23-07-2017 09:11 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 09:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Some of you might know I loooooove old movies. I came across this W C Fields sketch from a movie the other day...it's still in the sketch mode though. It's from the movie "Never Give a Sucker an Even Break

I don't recall if you listen to podcasts or not, but I recently found one you might like. It's called 'You Must Remember This'. There are several episodes about actors from back in the day.

Joan Crawford
Bogart
Marlene Dietrich
Betty Davis
Hepburn

And lots more. If have found them to be pretty enjoyable to listen to at work.

The movies I am about to mention are not comedies, but most certainly awesome movies.

"A Patch Of Blue" About a black teacher whom saves a blind white girl from her abusive parents. Way ahead of it's time made in the 1960s. I cry every time I watch it.

"Key Largo".... Love the scene where Bogart has Rocky cornered in the boat.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post