My favorite misunderstood song lyric....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: My favorite misunderstood song lyric....
When I was a kid I thought "Another Saturday Night" by Sam Cooke was "On a Saturday night and I ain't got nobody. I got some money cause I just got laid." I did not know the expression "get laid" yet, but that is what is sounded like to me.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Cover of "The Final Condom" Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/0o2ufv_c0xI

"Now I don't want to be sane either, but I'm just saying there may be other delusions and hallucinations worthy of consideration before jumping to an irrational conclusion, that's all."
[+] 1 user Likes Fisty_McBeefpunch's post
23-06-2013, 06:50 PM
And then, of course, there's the IMMORTAL "Ken Lee." Big Grin

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
23-06-2013, 10:47 PM
(23-06-2013 06:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 06:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, I always notice that part of the song where the singer starts to sing and then quickly realized he started too soon. I always thought that the Kingsmen sounded completely stoned and didn't rehearse at all but that's what makes the song so great. They're just high on drugs or they have marbles in their mouths or something.

They're not on drugs for that recording, they just literally hadn't rehearsed for more than a couple minutes. The studio boss came in and was like, "okay guys, we're cutting now", and they were like "wait, what?" and from there it's history.

That's funny. I had no idea. Wonder why they didn't let them practice. Anyway, I've always liked that silly song and when I googled the lyrics recently I realized what a nice song it is.
23-06-2013, 10:54 PM
(23-06-2013 06:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(23-06-2013 06:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, I always notice that part of the song where the singer starts to sing and then quickly realized he started too soon. I always thought that the Kingsmen sounded completely stoned and didn't rehearse at all but that's what makes the song so great. They're just high on drugs or they have marbles in their mouths or something.

They're not on drugs for that recording, they just literally hadn't rehearsed for more than a couple minutes. The studio boss came in and was like, "okay guys, we're cutting now", and they were like "wait, what?" and from there it's history.

Here's Iggy Pop doing Louie Louie. He changed some of the lyrics in the first half of the piece. I understand about 1/3 of what he says.

23-06-2013, 11:38 PM
This is the best imo Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
23-06-2013, 11:57 PM
This thread made me think of this video it is awesome
http://youtu.be/_6jRICTGmnM
[+] 1 user Likes Modern's post
25-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Gotta moose, gotta moose, do you do the fandango?

"Now I don't want to be sane either, but I'm just saying there may be other delusions and hallucinations worthy of consideration before jumping to an irrational conclusion, that's all."
[+] 2 users Like Fisty_McBeefpunch's post
25-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Ahhh, Ken Lee a tibu dibu dabooo...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-06-2013, 08:15 AM
(23-06-2013 01:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This is a totally meaningless topic and a confession that I've only told a few people but when I was listening to the radio yesterday I heard the old song by Roy Orbison, Only the Lonely, and when I was a kid, 8 or 9 years old, I thought he was saying Phony Baloney instead of Only the Lonely. As embarrassing as this is I thought those were the lyrics until my first year of college when I finally listened more carefully to the song.

I can't believe how stupid I was. Then the words to Louis Louis by the Kingsman in 1963 were so garbled that the words were anyone's guess. Here are the orginal lyrics but there are other versions. It's actually a nice song.

Louie Louie, me gotta go
Louie Louie, me gotta go

Fine little girl she waits for me
Me catch the ship for cross the sea
I sail the ship all alone
I never think I'll make it home

(chorus)

Three nights and days me sail the sea
Me think of girl constantly
On the ship I dream she there
I smell the rose in her hair

(chorus)

Me see Jamaica moon above
It won't be long, me see my love
Me take her in my arms and then
I tell her I never leave again

I have a few more lyrics that I totally misunderstood like Manfred Mann's Blinded by the Light which I thought was:

Blinded by the light
Rained up like a douche
In the roller of the night.

But it's actually:

Blinded by the light,
Revved up like a deuce,
Another runner in the night

Anyone else have wrong song lyrics confessionals?

The comic strip Bloom County had a piece on 1988 presidential candidate misunderstandings of the song:

[Image: bloom-county-president-LOUIE-large.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user