My favorite type of Irony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 01:02 PM
My favorite type of Irony

For the last few days I've been logging onto the forum to find advertisements for a Christian University being displayed. This stuck me as funny considering they're paying to have their ads on an Atheist forum. I can only imagine that their attempts at salvation have been far less than successful.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like traceparcet's post
10-04-2013, 02:33 PM
RE: My favorite type of Irony
Holy crap, you're reading EYESIELD?!

Er, I mean... Yes. Product placement.

[Image: duck.png?w=594&h=480&crop=1]

[Image: killing-floor-screen-banner.jpg]
10-04-2013, 03:13 PM
(10-04-2013 02:33 PM)DancingSkeletons Wrote:  Holy crap, you're reading EYESIELD?!

Er, I mean... Yes. Product placement.

[Image: duck.png?w=594&h=480&crop=1]

Yes I am slowly reading EyeShield at the request of my boyfriend haha. Liking it so far Big Grin
10-04-2013, 04:57 PM
I don't think the people selling ads actually know which sites their ads are being displayed on. Ads are usually tagged with certain words or phrases and display on sites that use those words or phrases.

So you can expect a site that uses "religion" or "Christianity" almost always will trigger those ads. You even see it on youtube. Popular videos that are tagged as religious (pro or anti) would have religious ads. Christian, Muslim, Scientology..
10-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Basically what poolboy said. The ads are based on certain key words said on the forum This is an atheist forum so religious advertising is common.

A couple of years ago We tested if we could get the ads to display what we wanted, the words were fried rice Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
10-04-2013, 05:25 PM
(10-04-2013 05:07 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Basically what poolboy said. The ads are based on certain key words said on the forum This is an atheist forum so religious advertising is common.

A couple of years ago We tested if we could get the ads to display what we wanted, the words were fried rice Big Grin

That was so funny! Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Never mind that, I'm more interesting in knowing why you are searching "pokemon white exp share"?
[+] 1 user Likes MuffinPuffin's post
11-04-2013, 06:54 PM
(11-04-2013 06:10 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Never mind that, I'm more interesting in knowing why you are searching "pokemon white exp share"?

I got sucked back into the pokemon games and got fed up of listening to my boyfriend brag about it and not tell me where to find it.