My favourite way to mock with religious people...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2011, 04:42 AM

My favourite way to mock with religious people...
Something I've tried on a few occasions, and it works very well.

Me: "I am god"
Them: "No you're not" (or something to that effect)
Me: "Prove it"

From here it takes one of two paths. 1) they go away and sulk. 2) they attempt to prove it, usually with something like "if you're god, then [insert godly power/knowledge]", which of course I just claim to be able to do or know, but choose not to. Its the same as when they pray for things and don't get them, they still believe in god, so they should believe I am god too.

Obviously no way to prove I'm not god, they know it, i know it. They know I'm joking (or am I?), but its rare for them to be able to take it as a joke... And watching them realise is quite amusing.
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 08:45 AM
RE: My favourite way to mock with religious people...
Bear in mind that if you make the claim you carry the burden of the proof.
(So watch out for smart-ass theists Wink)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2011, 09:17 AM

(03-04-2011 08:45 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Bear in mind that if you make the claim you carry the burden of the proof.
(So watch out for smart-ass theists Wink)

Sure, but if they use that argument, I just turn-it straight back on them with their claim that there is a god, and ask them to prove that instead.

And ultimately, my asking them to believe in me being god is no different to a priest or pope asking them to believe that their word is the word of god. And noone ever asked them to prove it before we would believe in them...
03-04-2011, 10:18 AM
no need in convincing me that their reasoning grants no legitimation to their claims Smile
just watch out for smart-asses

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
03-04-2011, 02:27 PM
(03-04-2011 10:18 AM)The_observer Wrote:  no need in convincing me that their reasoning grants no legitimation to their claims Smile
just watch out for smart-asses

Telling a smart-ass to watch out for smart asses seems a little redundant. I am so using the "I am God" technique on someone!

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
03-04-2011, 03:04 PM
It takes a smartass to know smartasses smartass Big GrinBig Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
03-04-2011, 03:19 PM

There are some crazy people out there, you ask the wrong one, and he/she may pull out a gun, say, yeah I can proved it.
03-04-2011, 06:42 PM
I do the same thing! And if they ask "why would you make such a claim?" basically I respond, "well with Yahweh (or whatever their god may be) you have to prove both that he exists AND that he is God, for me you just have to prove the latter. Since two billion can believe in Yahweh as God, then logically four billion should believe I am God, that is, if their beliefs were fully rational."

Luke 12:10 can get a theist off you right quick if they become pestering, just saying Wink
03-04-2011, 06:55 PM

I just say that my friends appear in photographs and don't have magical powers.