My fears are back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2016, 08:22 PM
My fears are back
I was doing good. Not worried.. No anxiety.. Nothing. Over the past week it's come back. It started with the three earthquakes. Most people are like earthquakes are normal but for people like me.. You just hear the preacher in your ear. Earthquakes will become more and more. Signs everywhere. My boyfriend said I'm getting back to where I have no rational or critical thinking. It's really hard, going from feeling good about everything to the fears hitting me like a truck. My dreams are back.. All of it.
I will say I had one apocalyptic dream where meteors were falling out of the sky and people are screaming "Jesus is coming!" I just tell them no.. He's not. We are going to die but it's not by him. That was the last bit of a good roll I had before it came back. I feel like all of my progress is gone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2016, 08:35 PM
RE: My fears are back
Sorry you are going through this. Perhaps you need to reinforce your geological and meteorological education so your subconscious completely grasps why there are earthquakes and things falling from the sky. And if there was a Jesus, he was a hippie, so he's not hurtling meteors at you. Take a breath and try to reason with yourself.

Hug

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2016, 08:42 PM
(17-04-2016 08:35 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Sorry you are going through this. Perhaps you need to reinforce your geological and meteorological education so your subconscious completely grasps why there are earthquakes and things falling from the sky. And if there was a Jesus, he was a hippie, so he's not hurtling meteors at you. Take a breath and try to reason with yourself.

Hug

I wish I saw him as a hippie.. For some reason over the last few years he has become a monster and haunts my dreams.
I do know why these things happen but you know.. The bible is too strong in my head. My first reaction to most anything is fear.
Like "nasa has discovered 72 new objects around earth" -I think that's where my last dream came from and I think.. Right and they are all going to come crashing down because the bible said so.
17-04-2016, 08:43 PM
(17-04-2016 08:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I was doing good. Not worried.. No anxiety.. Nothing. Over the past week it's come back. It started with the three earthquakes. Most people are like earthquakes are normal but for people like me.. You just hear the preacher in your ear. Earthquakes will become more and more. Signs everywhere. My boyfriend said I'm getting back to where I have no rational or critical thinking. It's really hard, going from feeling good about everything to the fears hitting me like a truck. My dreams are back.. All of it.
I will say I had one apocalyptic dream where meteors were falling out of the sky and people are screaming "Jesus is coming!" I just tell them no.. He's not. We are going to die but it's not by him. That was the last bit of a good roll I had before it came back. I feel like all of my progress is gone.

Hug

Or... you could move to Australia where there's no such thing as 'earthquakes'... Big Grin

Just.... all the critters that want to eat/poison/kill you... Unsure
17-04-2016, 08:51 PM
(17-04-2016 08:43 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 08:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I was doing good. Not worried.. No anxiety.. Nothing. Over the past week it's come back. It started with the three earthquakes. Most people are like earthquakes are normal but for people like me.. You just hear the preacher in your ear. Earthquakes will become more and more. Signs everywhere. My boyfriend said I'm getting back to where I have no rational or critical thinking. It's really hard, going from feeling good about everything to the fears hitting me like a truck. My dreams are back.. All of it.

Hug

Or... you could move to Australia where there's no such thing as 'earthquakes'... Big Grin

Just.... all the critters that want to eat/poison/kill you... Unsure

you know. I've always wanted to lol.
17-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Big Grin

It's great!

In the ocean you just have to worry about the sharks, octopii, stingrays, stone fish, jelly-fish, snakes, crocodiles (Mainly up North),

Out in the bush you just have to worry about spiders, snakes, hybrid/cross bred Dingo's and trees just dropping their branches randomly.

On the land and around civilization you just have to watch out for spiders, snakes and crocodiles around rivers up North.

Around the home you just have to worry about snakes, trees dropping branches... spiders inside the house... around the house.... living in the pool...

But! NO earthquakes! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-04-2016, 09:04 PM
(17-04-2016 09:01 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Big Grin

It's great!

In the ocean you just have to worry about the sharks, octopii, stingrays, stone fish, jelly-fish, snakes, crocodiles (Mainly up North),

Out in the bush you just have to worry about spiders, snakes, hybrid/cross bred Dingo's and trees just dropping their branches randomly.

On the land and around civilization you just have to watch out for spiders, snakes and crocodiles around rivers up North.

Around the home you just have to worry about snakes, trees dropping branches... spiders inside the house... around the house.... living in the pool...

But! NO earthquakes! Big Grin

i mean how could i have time to worry about anything else there? this might be the best option i have.. ha.
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
17-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Much of what you posted sounds like a depression/anxiety episode. You encountered something that triggered an attack.

(17-04-2016 08:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Earthquakes will become more and more.

SCIENCE!!! FTW...
Quote:The USGS estimates that several million earthquakes occur in the world each year. Many go undetected because they hit remote areas or have very small magnitudes. The NEIC now locates about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year.

As more and more seismographs are installed in the world, more earthquakes can be and have been located. However, the number of large earthquakes (magnitude 6.0 and greater) has stayed relatively constant.

[Image: eq%20stats_zpsssku14q9.png]

(17-04-2016 08:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Signs everywhere. My boyfriend said I'm getting back to where I have no rational or critical thinking. It's really hard, going from feeling good about everything to the fears hitting me like a truck. My dreams are back.. All of it.

You are describing perfectly what happens to me when something triggers an anxiety attack. Everyone has different triggers, and figuring out what they are is a major step in fighting them off.

There are no prophetic signs. There are traffic signs, billboards and advertisements. There are no omens, portents, oracles or any other heavenly hints.

If you were an omnipotent and omniscient god, an you wanted to convey a warning how would you do it?

Would you use earthquakes or some other natural phenomenon? Something that could be misconstrued, misunderstood, etc.

Or, being perfect, would you not have the exact method that would reach every being and convey the message in such a way that it could not be misunderstood, misconstrued, etc.

Besides, everyone knows that earthquakes and bad dreams are a sign of Cthulhu rising, not any christian god...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-04-2016, 09:11 PM
(17-04-2016 08:42 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Like "nasa has discovered 72 new objects around earth" -I think that's where my last dream came from and I think.. Right and they are all going to come crashing down because the bible said so.

Nah, that'd be gravity, not the bible. Thumbsup

Have you read the Skeptics Annotated Bible?
SAB

Whenever you think of something biblical that is upsetting, check it out on the SAB.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
17-04-2016, 09:17 PM

Jesus is cumming?

Eewww. Wink

Seriously though.

Eeewwww.

There are NO gods.

I am about to visit hospital # 3 today because of cancer.

"What, me worry!?"

You might get struck on the head with a meteor like that guy in India.

But then you'll make the news! Smile

My ride to the hospital is here and I must go.

Get shit in perspective. Grow up.

And I mean that in the nicest possible way. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post