My feels are broken

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2015, 11:54 AM
My feels are broken
I just got a call from my best friend to let me know that his father has just died. Less than a month after my father died, I can't take this shit. I've gone from sad to numb.

I want to be sad, but I'm afraid if I start crying I'll never stop.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2015, 11:55 AM
RE: My feels are broken
Hug
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
14-08-2015, 12:01 PM
(14-08-2015 11:54 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I just got a call from my best friend to let me know that his father has just died. Less than a month after my father died, I can't take this shit. I've gone from sad to numb.

Crying is like taking an opiate, it releases chemicals in your brain that will calm you. Go ahead and let it rip!

It sucks when you get older and people around you start dying. Unfortunately, it only gets worse. You never get used to it, but you do learn to handle it a bit better.

If you need to cry, you will. If you suppress it, it will pop up on it's own at unexpected times. It's part of your body regulating it's chemistry.

Sorry to hear you are dealing with this, your people dying is probably the worst thing life dishes out.

Best I can tell you is to just flow with your feelings, we all handle grief differently. You are grieving your dad, and your friend's loss brought it back up to the surface. Grief comes in waves, you aren't done with it yet.

Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
14-08-2015, 12:03 PM
(14-08-2015 11:54 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I just got a call from my best friend to let me know that his father has just died. Less than a month after my father died, I can't take this shit. I've gone from sad to numb.

Hug My dad passed away awhile back. This time of year is always hardest for me because it marks the time of his passing. I completely know how you feel. I cried at my Dad's funeral, but I didn't completely break down until I was driving home from the airport days later. I was holding on to one of his possessions and I just broke down and cried all the way home. You'll cry for your dad when you are ready. Everyone deals with losing someone in their own way and in their own time.

I know it doesn't feel like it now, but it does get easier. You will never ever stop missing him and you will never forget him, but day to day things do get easier. I am so sorry for your loss. Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
14-08-2015, 12:04 PM

Cry anyway. It will stop, and once it has done so, you'll find that those tears will have washed you clean.

I'm so sorry for your losses. Hang in there, sweetie.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-08-2015, 12:07 PM
(14-08-2015 12:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Hug My dad passed away awhile back. This time of year is always hardest for me because it marks the time of his passing. I completely know how you feel. I cried at my Dad's funeral, but I didn't completely break down until I was driving home from the airport days later. I was holding on to one of his possessions and I just broke down and cried all the way home. You'll cry for your dad when you are ready. Everyone deals with losing someone in their own way and in their own time.

I know it doesn't feel like it now, but it does get easier. You will never ever stop missing him and you will never forget him, but day to day things do get easier. I am so sorry for your loss. Heart

I've cried for my dad plenty. I've had several bouts of uncontrolled sobbing over the last month. I didn't think I could be an sadder than I already was. I was wrong.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
14-08-2015, 12:11 PM
(14-08-2015 12:07 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 12:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug My dad passed away awhile back. This time of year is always hardest for me because it marks the time of his passing. I completely know how you feel. I cried at my Dad's funeral, but I didn't completely break down until I was driving home from the airport days later. I was holding on to one of his possessions and I just broke down and cried all the way home. You'll cry for your dad when you are ready. Everyone deals with losing someone in their own way and in their own time.

I've cried for my dad plenty. I've had several bouts of uncontrolled sobbing over the last month. I didn't think I could be an sadder than I already was. I was wrong.

That's all a normal part of the grieving process. It is so painful, I know.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-08-2015, 12:12 PM
good luck mate. Be sad and cry if you must. it'll do you a world of good.

Hug

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
14-08-2015, 12:13 PM
We're here any time you need us. Hug

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-08-2015, 12:15 PM
It is really hard to lose someone you love--but at the same time, I was so lucky to have a dad like mine for the time I did have him. That is what I try and hold on to.

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post