My feels are broken

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2015, 10:31 AM
RE: My feels are broken
Eventually the memories will become warm instead of sad. It just takes something like forever. Hang in there - you have a whole forum full of people behind you. Hug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2015, 03:34 PM
I am very sorry for your loss and that of your friend.

Numb is often a coping mechanism. Your brain knows that it's too much to handle all at once and it works to protect you.

All the feelings and emotions will surface when you are more ready to deal with them - for now, numb is okay. I spent some numb time after my first husband died...had I not, I don't think I could have functioned at all. I had two little kids to take care of and was 1000 miles + away from family and friends...I had to zombie my way through for a while.

Counseling isn't a bad idea. If not that, someone to talk to or to be quiet with.

Hugs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-08-2015, 04:07 PM
I tend to avoid sadness, my own and others'. I have even skipped funerals of loved ones. All that to say that the fact that you can feel that your feels are broken is a good thing. Sorry for your and your friend's loss.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart