My fellow Mericans....Happy 4th!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: My fellow Mericans....Happy 4th!
(02-07-2016 04:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 03:37 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  You're a bit early.

When the 4th of July is on Monday it seems people start celebrating it on Friday night. We've already had people out testing their bottle rockets and cannons. My cat is not happy. She's hiding under the bed as we speak.

The same will happen here. The town stopped putting on a fireworks show a few years back and fireworks are technically not supposed to be set off in town (I suppose none of the officials have a problem with the fireworks stand across from the vet clinic).

My animals are already traumatized, first by that freak hail, then by the house being in disarray, then three months of strangers and strange noises being in and around the house. I figure when the illegal fireworks start tonight at least a couple of my critters will just complete their nervous breakdowns. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2016, 04:17 PM
(02-07-2016 04:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 03:37 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  You're a bit early.

When the 4th of July is on Monday it seems people start celebrating it on Friday night. We've already had people out testing their bottle rockets and cannons. My cat is not happy. She's hiding under the bed as we speak.

One labor day a Colombian lady asked me "What is the celebration today? The fourth of July again?"
So I assured her that no it was actually the first of May!
02-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Happy 4th, early! A few years ago, in a city near me, some of the stuff got into the other stuff, and set it off at ground level. Rockets shooting into the crowd, people burnt, the whole 9 yards. Crazy shit.

[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Happy 4th!!

[Image: fb9fd6ce-3e7a-47fc-9530-121a753f8fc3.gif]

I have to work on July 4th but it's usually a very slow day so I can get some reading in and then have time after to visit a local park and watch the fireworks. Big Grin

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
02-07-2016, 07:18 PM
(02-07-2016 03:37 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(02-07-2016 03:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Wishing those of us from the US a happy 4th. To those from other countries, ummm sorry. Blush Oh, what the hell, eat drink and be merry too, it's the only life you get! Big Grin

[Image: 2012-06-27-4th-of-July-email_EN.jpg]

Anyone doing something special? I'm gonna sit on our front lawn and watch all my neighbors shoot off their fireworks. A lot of them go out to the Indian reservations and buy the illegal stuff and blow them up. Every year the police does a press release saying they'll ticket all the illegal stuff but I've yet to see that happen. Tongue

You're a bit early.

Three day weekend.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
02-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Anyone ever play the "Throw some Roman candles into the campfire and see which way they start shooting" game?

We did have worse ones, of course. Roman candles don't pack much punch.

I don't bother much anymore because it's too much of a pain in the ass to get the good stuff.

'Murican Canadian
02-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Although... I do have about 40 or so MRE heater packets saved up for a special occasion. With a little creativity, I could make something interesting.

'Murican Canadian
02-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Can I be honest? At first I read My fellow Mexicans.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
02-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Sorry to be a sourpuss but I hate the 4th of July. I almost started my own thread about. We Brexited 240 years ago. Hooray!
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
02-07-2016, 09:05 PM
(02-07-2016 08:44 PM)ImFred Wrote:  We Brexited 240 years ago. Hooray!

And the world has been regretting it ever since.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.