My fictional system of belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2012, 04:06 PM
My fictional system of belief
I was pondering and exploring my old files of yester-years and surprisingly not many of them have anything to do with my Christian affair. However there is a folder I have kept all these years that speak about a keynote in my collapse of my personal system of belief almost right up to the final 'breaking point.' These are my manuscripts, my small stories and my poems. They haven't seen the click of a mouse for almost a year, and I used to religiously update them on the notes app on Facebook.

I think with the tide of realisation and contempt for all the things that went undone I think I just abandoned them into sort of like a hibernation, like many of my hobbies I used to show great interest in and only around this time beginning to slowly pick back up to not stir too many memories yet allow myself to enjoy the more concrete possessions that I have.

These manuscripts at the time had undergone a great evolution, if I could call it that, because I knew the current market at the time wasn't so keen on new, unrecognised authors. Plus the first version was science fiction; the beautiful grey area that is rarely supported by literary agents. It was basically written during my lonely times where I was still pretty shy and didn't have many friends, and with the many free periods I tended to keep getting in college and University respectfully.

These manuscripts had within them my own personal religion, a system of belief that I had fabricated through many lonely moments considering the fantastic word and the even more beautiful universe. It shares many traits with Buddhism (Or perhaps scientology but honestly I avoided it all together), like the great search for nirvana. I think I was inspired a lot by their thinking and religion.

Within this book I began to explain how before life properly manifested upon Earth there was a great race of beings, very much like us, that was so technologically superior they could have been easily conceived as gods. Much to their credit (Or debt - whichever you perceive) they were dissatisfied with the promise of an afterlife, that the facts and evidence were not there until you were actually dead. So, being technologically superior, they devised a way to make that happen, and gave birth to the concept of the soul. After they had integrated the system and technique into their entire race they took one look upon the other races of the universe and pitied them, for they too would soon come to a similar dissatisfaction, and so made it their final promise to their personal existence to put the soul system into everything and anything alive.

Like a great crusade they scoured across the stars delivering this very technology to everything that had ever developed; from scores of bacteria all the way up to space-faring civilisations of yester-year. Their gift was also their undoing, because in order to properly support the system each being would have to oversee, at a minimum, one solar system's collection of spirits. It was agreed and accepted by everyone in the race that in order for the soul system to properly work and be taken care of forever, the race would have to depart from the physical realm and exist in the plane they created where the souls congregate; so aptly named 'The afterlife.'

These great spirits only had the power to guide and to protect the souls that were charged to them; for it was in great reverence that one day a race would discover this technology and would find a way to harness its power. But before I move on to that, I wanted to continue on a soul's journey first.

There is no greater or lesser soul; only those that have been journeying for longer, and are closer to their true point of happiness are different. The very purpose of these souls are to live and die on each planet, living as best of lives as they possibly can, in one great search for the one existence that they are the most happy. In order to escape one planet, a soul must have the right amount of energy (Happiness, glee, comfort, peace etc) before he can visit the local attending, or as I like to call 'shepherd.' If a soul is not content with its previous existence, it must try again to muster the right amount of energy.

When a soul escapes a planet, it now looks inward as it journeys to the system's shepherd, picking out the good and bad points of its life in a great critique of its hopes and dreams. The shepherd analyses, selects and executes a path for the soul to take to journey to the next living planet, be it in the same system or another one. The shepherd is at peace eternally, for prior to its death, it was granted the same journey and tests its' charge now face today, and as if a magical symphony in itself, it guides the souls within these 'dreams.'

Now comes the dark and sinister; the real story. We understand through the dangers we face today of how close we are to total destruction, and it is even worse in this fictional tale. When a planet dies unexpectedly, the souls naturally are generally not ready to depart and now lay abandoned upon a dead sphere, and these souls naturally are malcontent with what has occurred and as they are unguided with no chance of rebuttal, they begin to stir each other’s feelings so much that their energy begins to take shape in the physical realm. Call it an error or a by-product of lack of care, if these souls are great enough and powerful enough, they can literally destroy said planet and escape.

Naturally the keeper of this planet has a choice: intervene or let the souls make the choice for themselves. Unfortunately for one keeper in particular, the choice was made too late. Originally deciding to let the souls decide their own fate on this doomed planet, he watched as the miscalculated amount of souls muster into existence a form that could literally counteract a shepherd's power, and with such vengeance and rage towards anything the super existence could find first, when the keeper came to intervene, they snared and enslaved him.

But it isn't over; another shepherd, hearing of the fate of this shepherd, decides to locate the nearest habitable planet he can find, and intervene before the super-organism arrives. He grants the planet a part of his power; his form. The power is to be mustered through a race of intelligent beings I like to associate with Dragons, whom than can then wield it. Just as the super-organism, now on a path blinded by the need to destroy everything the old race has created, was about to destroy the planet, the shepherd used his remaining strength and power to weaken and obliterate the organism except for one single soul, whom settled upon this gifted planet.

The plans were set in motion. Not only would the race of Dragons have to defeat this one soul when it regained power to ensure its curse is never spread throughout the universe, it would also have to come to terms with its own demise, so that every Dragon soul could unite into their power in the afterlife to 'rebuild' the shepherd, and allow any soul within that solar system to pass on.

Hopefully I am on the verge of a revival, and your thoughts are welcome on this...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 05:21 AM
RE: My fictional system of belief
If this was a fantasy novel, I'd read it.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
31-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Ooh..sounds like it has dragons in it. You have my attention.

(I like dragons btw)
31-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Interesting. I'd probably read it, but what I appreciate the most on fiction, is originality. And I am well-read in esotericism and authors like Robert Allan Monroe, so your writing gives me constant deja vu feeling.
Or perhaps I believe some minor elements are true and that interferes?

If you want to write upon religious and philosophical themes, I recommend you Roger Zelazny's novel Lord of Light. I'm a little familiar with Hinduistic culture and I can tell, this book is brilliant in knowing all the rules and knowing when to break them.

Also, dunno how it is with you, but I'm not an artist. I'm not creative enough. Or rather I'm creative, but I can not create something totally alien, that I can not identify with at some level. But the alien creation is the best, the very basis of truly good art, something that provides tension and chaos as a counterpart against the pleasant and familiar. This shattered harmony is what makes a really good story. Can you do that?