My fifth video is up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2013, 11:52 AM

Video My fifth video is up
My fifth video in the “What is Veridicanism?” series is up on YouTube. It’s called, “The Articles of Faith 1-7” I hope you’ll take a look.

Be Christ. Thumbsup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK2YjDfU264
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: My fifth video is up

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like FSM_scot's post
15-03-2013, 02:22 PM
You'll fit right in with the rest of the crazy nuts on youtube!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
15-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Well done. I like the idea of automatic captioning, and I'm also fond of the fact that you haven't disabled comments (that bugs me to a degree that I can't even stress enough). I'm not won over by Veridicanism (nor would we expect that, since you didn't exactly make an argument for it) but I like the way the video was put together.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2013, 03:34 PM

(15-03-2013 03:21 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Well done. I like the idea of automatic captioning, and I'm also fond of the fact that you haven't disabled comments (that bugs me to a degree that I can't even stress enough). I'm not won over by Veridicanism (nor would we expect that, since you didn't exactly make an argument for it) but I like the way the video was put together.

Thanks, Starcrash. I think they'll get better over time, of course. This first series is major boring stuff. I knew it would be, but it's necessary stuff that has to get put out there. And it serves the purpose of getting me reacquainted with public speaking. I really can't wait until it's done and I can start doing series on interesting topics.

Nevertheless, thanks for watching and commenting. Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
15-03-2013, 03:35 PM

I haven't even been active in this forum. How does my rep drop 6 points, and I'm not even here?

Whatever.

Update: Oh, I see, My Probiscus Sucks is giving me negative reps for banning him from my forum. I must admit, yeah, I thought I could have free speech, but no, not when it comes to blasphemy--no can do.

And I told him I was only banning his nic. He could rejoin and behave himself any time he wanted to.

But, come on, I'm a Christian, if I have the power to stop disrespect being shown to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and I don't do it...right? I think God might be like, "I could use a more loyal servant."

Why is it no one ever comes up to me when my hands are wrapped, gloves on, stretched out, I'm doing spin hook kicks on the heavy bag, and makes fun of Jesus Christ?

My point is, if you won't do it then, then don't do it over the internet--it's called dishonor, it's called weakness, it's called hiding behind your mom's apron, it's called being a guttless punk. (Are there two t's in guttless?).

Talking about someone's wife, kids, grandkids, Jesus Christ or any other major religious figure if the person is of that religion should be off limits online, no matter what, because those are physical fighting words, and you can't physically fight over the internet. You could search all the way back to 1994 when I started online debate, and you'll never find one instance of me doing that--not one. We can insult each other all day long, that's fine. But look, you don't even see me insulting Christopher Hitchens or Richard Dawkins. I don't agree with them, I don't like them, but I'm not going to insult them because I realize y'all do revere them.

That's the only point I'm trying to make here.

So, MPS--get over it or heal over it.

mmmmmkay?
15-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Since you made up the whole creed, you'd think you'd be able to recite the basic parts without looking down to your notes every 3rd word. This is YOUR expertise yet you don't portray a mastery of the wording of even the basic concepts. It is a bit distracting when you have unnatural pauses in the sentences to look down at your notes.

Yes that was a bit aggressive but it is a well intentioned and honest criticism. You need to be more relaxed and exhibit a better command of the basics. I do a fair bit of speaking in front of small and large (800+) and am always trying to improve myself as well. In this instance the delivery (to me) severely impacted my ability (and desire) to continue watching.
15-03-2013, 03:55 PM

(15-03-2013 03:41 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Since you made up the whole creed, you'd think you'd be able to recite the basic parts without looking down to your notes every 3rd word. This is YOUR expertise yet you don't portray a mastery of the wording of even the basic concepts. It is a bit distracting when you have unnatural pauses in the sentences to look down at your notes.

Yes that was a bit aggressive but it is a well intentioned and honest criticism. You need to be more relaxed and exhibit a better command of the basics. I do a fair bit of speaking in front of small and large (800+) and am always trying to improve myself as well. In this instance the delivery (to me) severely impacted my ability (and desire) to continue watching.

Yeah, looking at your avatar and nic, I'm sure it was my unnatural pauses that impacted your desire to keep watching. Drinking Beverage

Hey, talk to God about it. I'm doing the best I can. I'm even worse with The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. Why? because I was following the Holy Spirit when I wrote it, so my mind wasn't making the hardwire memories of it like it would if I were creating it myself.

These first videos, the whole series, is my practice pad for getting back into public speaking. And frankly, it may be sour grapes, but I don't want too look to practiced or rehersed when I speak. I just don't. I hate preachers like that, and I don't want to be one. I don't want to suck at it, but I want to give the true appearance of who I am and how sincere I am about all of this. But that's no excuse for bad public speaking skills. All I can say is I am working on it. Yes
15-03-2013, 04:03 PM
It's kinda disconcerting that you have this podium and stage and keep saying "we" when it is basically just you - but, yeah, it is a decently made vid. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-03-2013, 04:11 PM
(15-03-2013 03:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  Why is it no one ever comes up to me when my hands are wrapped, gloves on, stretched out, I'm doing spin hook kicks on the heavy bag, and makes fun of Jesus Christ?

My point is, if you won't do it then, then don't do it over the internet--it's called dishonor, it's called weakness, it's called hiding behind your mom's apron, it's called being a guttless punk. (Are there two t's in guttless?).
Why is it no one ever comes up to me when I'm working heel hooks, knee locks, double-leg transitions from the wall, and says I'm a smegma-dripping insane person for not being a Veridican?

My point is, if you won't do it then, don't do it over the internet. Because every quote you've ever said is stored here, and if you say you've never talked shit or tough-guy to anyone over the internet without doing it to them in person, then I'm a one-legged jump roping champion.

By the way, for someone who continually drops the 'I'm a martial arts badass' comments, you're noticeably absent from the ATA rankings for your state. You do compete, yes? Because there's only two guys showing up in your age and rank division. Which means you could go to a tournament, lose to both, and still come in third: http://ataonline.com/the_ring/standings/...LA&ve=&vf=

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?