My fifth video is up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2013, 10:47 AM

RE: My fifth video is up
(22-03-2013 06:22 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  That is funny. While that spoof site is a bit over the top, it hit the nail on the head. Take away some of the colorful adjectives and it pretty much describes the Egor Delusion.

It's not a spoof it's libel. And last night I went ahead and got the information on it, and we are going to sue the individual and the ISP if they dont' take it down.

Actually, I don't know. You know, that comes across as so offense to ordinary people of conscience who read it, that I'm considering leaving it alone. It's like the pro-lifer's who hold up placards with images of aborted fetuses. They don't realize the revulsion gets directed at them. Nonetheless, I now have all the info I need to go forward at least with a cease and desist letter to start. But I'm not sure what the right move is.

The do say--bad press is still good press.
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2013, 10:49 AM

(22-03-2013 06:49 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 11:21 PM)Egor Wrote:  HJ! Checkout http://www.veridicanism.com

Some atheist actually spent money to buy a domain name, and host it, just to ridicule me. Atheists may act moral--when they feel like it. But they don't have any moral foundation--none. It's not possible to be an atheist and have a moral "foundation." And when you don't have a foundation, the first things to go are honor and courage. Those things are the highest forms of morality and only come from the strongest of foundations.

Having said that, thanks for sticking up for me. I'd rep you if I could, but as you can see, we're the only ones who can't do that on this board. Again with the absence of honor!

How do you know it was an atheist who put up the site?

Whoever put up the site took steps to hide their identity, presumably to make it harder for you to track them down and sue them. You can always contact IPower at 1-888-511-HOST and ask for the name of the person who is footing the bill for hosting the web page and/ or threaten to sue them if they don't take it down.

Edit: Ipowers privacy policy indicates they won't reveal any information about the user hosting the site without a subpoena, but the site does violate their user agreement so they will probably take it down if you raise a stink about it. From their terms of service:

"User's use, publication and display of the User Content will not infringe any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any person, or constitute a defamation, invasion of privacy or violation of any right of publicity or any other right of any person, including, without limitation, any contractual, statutory or common law right or any "moral right" or similar right however denominated;"

I think it's an atheists because it's the same rhetoric I used to hear over at Raving Atheist when they were still a viable forum. And I appreciate you looking that up. As I said, I'm not sure what my next move should be. What do you think it should be?
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2013, 10:55 AM
"a particular response to an environment stimulus"

But you see, that's all that morality really is. It's one's response to a stimulus based upon his or her collective experience in life, and it's based on how that individual has interpreted these experiences and allowed them to influence their future actions.

It is not based on atheism, religion, or philosophy. Well I suppose maybe a little philosophy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2013, 11:07 AM
(22-03-2013 10:49 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 06:49 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How do you know it was an atheist who put up the site?

Whoever put up the site took steps to hide their identity, presumably to make it harder for you to track them down and sue them. You can always contact IPower at 1-888-511-HOST and ask for the name of the person who is footing the bill for hosting the web page and/ or threaten to sue them if they don't take it down.

Edit: Ipowers privacy policy indicates they won't reveal any information about the user hosting the site without a subpoena, but the site does violate their user agreement so they will probably take it down if you raise a stink about it. From their terms of service:

"User's use, publication and display of the User Content will not infringe any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any person, or constitute a defamation, invasion of privacy or violation of any right of publicity or any other right of any person, including, without limitation, any contractual, statutory or common law right or any "moral right" or similar right however denominated;"

I think it's an atheists because it's the same rhetoric I used to hear over at Raving Atheist when they were still a viable forum. And I appreciate you looking that up. As I said, I'm not sure what my next move should be. What do you think it should be?
Leave it. Any publicity is good publicity. Railing against it only makes you look weak.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2013, 11:20 AM
(22-03-2013 10:49 AM)Egor Wrote:  I think it's an atheists because it's the same rhetoric I used to hear over at Raving Atheist when they were still a viable forum. And I appreciate you looking that up. As I said, I'm not sure what my next move should be. What do you think it should be?
That site is unreal.

I won't ever defend you here because you show up willingly and your reputation is well-earned. That website, however, is a stand-alone personal attack. If someone made a web page insulting me and my (future) wife, I'd have it burned down. Better yet, I'd try to get their name and simply post it with a link to the site. Public shaming is still an effective deterrent these days...

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
22-03-2013, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 11:32 AM by cheapthrillseaker.)
(22-03-2013 06:49 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How do you know it was an atheist who put up the site?

Obviously there have been changes since the the Raving Atheist as it's been awhile ago since the site was put up. More like a roller coaster, but things had been improving for awhile.

You've got publicity all right. Must have pissed someone right off for them to pay for the domain name and put the effort of writing a smear article. You've known about the site for awhile so I'm pretty sure the site is safe and nothing is going to be done about it.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
22-03-2013, 12:33 PM
(20-03-2013 01:13 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-03-2013 06:25 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  Well, isn't this something...

Egor, since you're into the qualifications game, Here's my hand:

Martial arts? Former Marine (non-combat arms), have a decade's worth of experience in the fighting arts, including a 2nd-degree black belt from a Xian dojo, where I was also its first Chaplain Associate.

Great. I hop you continue to train on a regular basis.

Quote:Xian service and education? 24 years in evangelical Christianity, served in various ministries as a grunt worker or leader, and earned a MA in Pastoral Studies from seminary.

So, you're definitely responsible for making the right choice.

Quote:Seeking God in the wilderness? In 2007 I walked 500 miles across northern Spain on the ancient Camino Frances pilgrimage trail in part as a last-ditch effort to "hear the voice of God." By the end of my trek I was twenty pounds lighter and an agnostic; later became an atheist.

So, what do you get out of the deal? I mean fill in the blank: Now that I don't believe in God, I am free to_______________.

Quote:All you have, Egor, is an internally constructed belief system wrapped around the idea of a supreme being as set forth by the Christian religion.

All I have? That sounds like a pearl of great price to me.

Quote: If you were born in Iraq, you'd probably be a Muslim insurgent; in India, a Hindu apologist; in Japan a Shinto judo practitioner. Each persona could make the same claims to divine awareness and interaction based on intense feelings, cultural identification, and a holy-writings-based presuppositional web.

Yeah, but that's not me. Is it? I'm a Veridican. I couldn't stand the Church either--just like you. But I didn't throw out the baby with the bathwater, like you. I knew that the problems with the Church came from the Church not acting like Christ. You don't seem to be able to separate the two.

Quote:I can relate because I was once like you - all my roads led to Christ. But two things eventually snapped me out of it: 1) an inability to stop asking questions,

That I agree with. In the search for truth, people overshoot. They find the truth, and then second-guess it away. I think you're over-educated. I took two theology classes in college, and I was utterly apalled. They would start out with a religious interpretation of the Bible, and that interpretation would then become the ground truth that all other truths were created from. The least they could have done is take it back to a prophet or to Christ, but it would just be some tradition, and from that tradition they would build theories and come to conclusions.

I can't do that, at least not unless I'm doing it for myself via communication from the Holy Spirit.

Quote: and 2) travel, which gave me a first-hand glimpse into cultures that were doing just fine without a god. I was open to wherever the evidence took me, and in the end it delivered me from mystic faith and into the arms of rational thought.

BS. There are no cultures that don't include God in some revelation. None. Unless you're travels were to Cuba, the former Soviet Union, or the old version of Communist China--but it would be quite the stretch to say those "cultures" are doing fine without a god.

Quote:So hey - keep synthesizing the gospels into whatever form makes sense to you (just don't add to or subtract from them - per Revelations, those are naughty ways to go),

That warning in Revelations only applies to the book of Revelations. I'm surprised you don't know that. But it doesn't matter, Revelations is not part of the Veridican Canon.

Quote:but keep in mind you are wasting your time. I wouldn't follow the Xian version of god anymore even if he existed, but I don't believe he does. It was all wish fulfillment based on a system created by unscientific Bronze-aged shamans who needed a framework to explain reality and control people.

Reject Christ; burn in hell. You know that's what's coming. You know it, because you have an MA in it. Maybe God abandoned you to Satan for some reason. I don't know you, so I can't say why or even if that's true. Or maybe you're supposed to hang with me for a while and get your faith back. There's no following in Veridicanism. We're all brothers and sisters ministering to one another.

But my guess is it's a lot lot simpler. You probably fell away because of sin and to come back would require you to admit its sin, and you're not willing to do that.

Personally, I never had a problem with sin. I sin and God forgives me for it. He's been doing it all my life. I try to do better, some things I can't change at all. God's still with me.

Dude, you are living in a dreamworld - there's no arguing or debating with someone who is delusional because such a person has constructed their own reality and is impervious to rational discourse. But then again, some of the postings on this site might cut through your Matrix of wackiness and cause you to wake up someday - that's my best hope for you.

As for me, I'm just glad to be free of nutter cult-of-personality fire-and-brimstone types like you who use the threat of hell to keep the flock cowed and tithing (there's my answer to your fill-in-the-blank query). I was liberated by reason and evidence - not "sin", which is just another way religions control people. Calling me "over-educated" is ridiculous - a God-created seeking mind should find him in knowledge, not be driven away. As for the "holy spirit" leading you to Veridicanism - well, if I had a dime for every cult founded on some chap's spirit-led illumination, I could retire.

Anyway, good luck with kick-starting your own religion and adding to the confusion that God is not supposed to be the author of (and many folks interpret the Revelations passage to apply to the entire canon of Scripture, so you might still be in danger of poaching - better don your asbestos undies just in case)! Evil_monster
[+] 3 users Like Atheist_pilgrim's post
22-03-2013, 12:50 PM

You only suspect it was an atheist.

If it were me, I'd demand to the web hosting company that they immediately take the site down and then forgive the person who defamed you.
22-03-2013, 01:30 PM
defamed? I'm no lawyer and I won't pretend to have any idea what the standards are for defamation or slander or whatever. However, that site is obviously fake/satire. It is so over the top along with language that no one would ever confuse that site with any of the wacky bullshit that Egor cooks up on his own on his "real" website. No one, I repeat, no one would ever confuse that website with the real Egor. So we are left with a personal attack on line. Cowardly? Yes, but then most internet interactions are partially anonymous anyway. Ignore it would be my solution. Personally I prefer to call out your BS directly, Egor.
22-03-2013, 02:58 PM
My fifth video is up
Kick Starter. That's something I hadn't thought about. Egor, have you considered it?