My fifth video is up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: My fifth video is up
Maybe Egor created it so he'll have something.new to complain about?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2013, 03:21 PM
(22-03-2013 10:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 06:22 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  That is funny. While that spoof site is a bit over the top, it hit the nail on the head. Take away some of the colorful adjectives and it pretty much describes the Egor Delusion.

It's not a spoof it's libel. And last night I went ahead and got the information on it, and we are going to sue the individual and the ISP if they dont' take it down.

Good luck with that. Edward Gordon has publicly promoted a new religion. Someone has produced a hilarious parody of it. I ain't a lawyer, but I do know you ain't got no fucking case and if it was my website I wouldn't be quivering in my boots over your feckless threat of a lawsuit. Your partner might have a case, but only if she was publicly named, which she wasn't.

Unless you want to waste a lot of time and money, I'd just leave it be. ... You introduce a new religion and didn't anticipate being publicly ridiculed through satire and parody? What the fuck?!? ... Your God ain't much of a soothsayer and your divination skills are weak. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-03-2013, 03:33 PM
It's only defamation if it's untrue.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
22-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Think the us supreme court once said that if it seems too ridiculous to believe it was satire snd protected speech under the first amendment.

Ego put himself out there...he's likened to a public figure.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2013, 03:51 PM
(22-03-2013 03:33 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  It's only defamation if it's untrue.

(22-03-2013 03:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Think the us supreme court once said that if it seems too ridiculous to believe it was satire snd protected speech under the first amendment.

Ego put himself out there...he's likened to a public figure.

Reminded of The Onion atm...

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
22-03-2013, 05:09 PM
(22-03-2013 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 10:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  It's not a spoof it's libel. And last night I went ahead and got the information on it, and we are going to sue the individual and the ISP if they dont' take it down.

Good luck with that. Edward Gordon has publicly promoted a new religion. Someone has produced a hilarious parody of it. I ain't a lawyer, but I do know you ain't got no fucking case and if it was my website I wouldn't be quivering in my boots over your feckless threat of a lawsuit. Your partner might have a case, but only if she was publicly named, which she wasn't.

Unless you want to waste a lot of time and money, I'd just leave it be. ... You introduce a new religion and didn't anticipate being publicly ridiculed through satire and parody? What the fuck? ... Your God ain't much of a soothsayer and your divination skills are weak. Tongue

The guy who put up the website said Edward was mentally retarded something which doesn't appear to be true. He also used a domain privacy service to hide his identity which suggests malicious intent. I'm not a lawyer but I think Edward has a case against this guy. He might not be able to collect anything because he hasn't really suffered any damages, or the guy may not have any assets. Edward should consult an attorney to get some advice from someone qualified instead of listening to a bunch of bozos on the internet.

I suspect you are probably right that a suit would be waste of time(but for the wrong reason) but a letter from an attorney to the web hosting company threatening a lawsuit should be able to get the site taken down if a phone call won't do it.
22-03-2013, 05:46 PM
(22-03-2013 12:50 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 10:49 AM)Egor Wrote:  I think it's an atheists because it's the same rhetoric I used to hear over at Raving Atheist when they were still a viable forum. And I appreciate you looking that up. As I said, I'm not sure what my next move should be. What do you think it should be?

You only suspect it was an atheist.

If it were me, I'd demand to the web hosting company that they immediately take the site down and then forgive the person who defamed you.
Why forgive them? Kill 'em! That's what Jeebus would've done.

"27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."
(Luke 19;27, KJV.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2013, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 06:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-03-2013 05:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Good luck with that. Edward Gordon has publicly promoted a new religion. Someone has produced a hilarious parody of it. I ain't a lawyer, but I do know you ain't got no fucking case and if it was my website I wouldn't be quivering in my boots over your feckless threat of a lawsuit. Your partner might have a case, but only if she was publicly named, which she wasn't.

Unless you want to waste a lot of time and money, I'd just leave it be. ... You introduce a new religion and didn't anticipate being publicly ridiculed through satire and parody? What the fuck? ... Your God ain't much of a soothsayer and your divination skills are weak. Tongue

The guy who put up the website said Edward was mentally retarded something which doesn't appear to be true. He also used a domain privacy service to hide his identity which suggests malicious intent. I'm not a lawyer but I think Edward has a case against this guy. He might not be able to collect anything because he hasn't really suffered any damages, or the guy may not have any assets. Edward should consult an attorney to get some advice from someone qualified instead of listening to a bunch of bozos on the internet.

I suspect you are probably right that a suit would be waste of time(but for the wrong reason) but a letter from an attorney to the web hosting company threatening a lawsuit should be able to get the site taken down if a phone call won't do it.

Yeah, don't think that's gonna fucking happen fool. ... And while you are here, "hey would ya blow me."? ... Always been a big fan of having my dick sucked. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-03-2013, 08:43 PM
(22-03-2013 06:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 05:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The guy who put up the website said Edward was mentally retarded something which doesn't appear to be true. He also used a domain privacy service to hide his identity which suggests malicious intent. I'm not a lawyer but I think Edward has a case against this guy. He might not be able to collect anything because he hasn't really suffered any damages, or the guy may not have any assets. Edward should consult an attorney to get some advice from someone qualified instead of listening to a bunch of bozos on the internet.

Yeah, don't think that's gonna fucking happen fool. ... And while you are here, "hey would ya blow me."? ... Always been a big fan of having my dick sucked. Big Grin

I noticed your writing style is the very much like the author of the Egor defamation website. Same cadence, same use of ellipsis.
22-03-2013, 10:32 PM

(22-03-2013 11:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Leave it. Any publicity is good publicity. Railing against it only makes you look weak.

I am leaning toward your point of view. Also, if it's there, and we know who it is, then it takes the wind out of other sails that might have wanted to do the same thing.

(22-03-2013 11:20 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I won't ever defend you here because you show up willingly and your reputation is well-earned. That website, however, is a stand-alone personal attack. If someone made a web page insulting me and my (future) wife, I'd have it burned down. Better yet, I'd try to get their name and simply post it with a link to the site. Public shaming is still an effective deterrent these days...

Unfortunately, I don't know who the person is, only who hosts it. Although I'm starting to think he's in this very forum.

(22-03-2013 12:50 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You only suspect it was an atheist.

If it were me, I'd demand to the web hosting company that they immediately take the site down and then forgive the person who defamed you.

I hear you.

(22-03-2013 01:30 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  defamed? I'm no lawyer and I won't pretend to have any idea what the standards are for defamation or slander or whatever. However, that site is obviously fake/satire. It is so over the top along with language that no one would ever confuse that site with any of the wacky bullshit that Egor cooks up on his own on his "real" website. No one, I repeat, no one would ever confuse that website with the real Egor. So we are left with a personal attack on line. Cowardly? Yes, but then most internet interactions are partially anonymous anyway. Ignore it would be my solution. Personally I prefer to call out your BS directly, Egor.

I know you do!

And I immediately thought about the Larry Flynt case, and saw the parallels.

(22-03-2013 02:58 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Kick Starter. That's something I hadn't thought about. Egor, have you considered it?

What is that?

(22-03-2013 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You introduce a new religion and didn't anticipate being publicly ridiculed through satire and parody? What the fuck?!? ... Your God ain't much of a soothsayer and your divination skills are weak. Tongue

Normally, I wouldn't respond to you. But ironically, what you are saying here is exactly what God said to me earlier today. He said, "Did you really think you wouldn't be persecuted? Do you really think that's the extent of it?"

So, see! You're an unwitting prophet!

(22-03-2013 05:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The guy who put up the website said Edward was mentally retarded something which doesn't appear to be true. He also used a domain privacy service to hide his identity which suggests malicious intent. I'm not a lawyer but I think Edward has a case against this guy. He might not be able to collect anything because he hasn't really suffered any damages, or the guy may not have any assets. Edward should consult an attorney to get some advice from someone qualified instead of listening to a bunch of bozos on the internet.

Well, I wasn't so much looking for legal advice as personal opinions--especially yours.

(22-03-2013 05:46 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."
(Luke 19;27, KJV.)

You need to study your NT more. In that story, Jesus is talking about God, The Father. In the end, everyone will be judged.

(22-03-2013 08:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I noticed your writing style is the very much like the author of the Egor defamation website. Same cadence, same use of ellipsis.

That's because it's probably him. You're very astute HJ. Good critical thinking skills. Good observations. Yes Bowing

I appreciate everyone's thoughtful input. I really do. Right now, I feel the best move is just to do nothing. Because I'm not so sure that website is having its intended effect.

It's like, I think I can act and be successful, but you all know I speak to God and He speaks to me, and the message I'm getting is "Wait." I don't know why. I sure wouldn't want to be the one pissing off God. I'm not wishing anything, but I've seen God do things. All I'm saying is I wouldn't have the courage to do what that guy is doing.
Quote this message in a reply