My fifth video is up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2013, 12:46 PM
RE: My fifth video is up
You fucking bumped yer head. I ain't taking no responsibility for no fucking Egor. That shit ain't in the fine print. Angry

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-03-2013, 01:19 PM

Katiegal, Aspchizo, and Atheist Pilgrim, I want to respond fully to your posts, but I'm working this weekend, so the responses are going to be slow getting out. Nevertheless, I intend to answer your comments fully.

Also: I am putting the Three Essential Practices up on the website and that is a top priority for me, since they form the fundamental way Veridicans worship God. so I'm a bit bogged down with that at the moment. I also have an Easter address video I want to make (which is also a speech I'm giving at a Toastmasters competition). So, between now and Easter, I'm not going to be in the forums much. But it does get dull at work at times, so I might get to it tonight.

Thanks for your patience.
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2013, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2013 01:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-03-2013 08:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 06:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, don't think that's gonna fucking happen fool. ... And while you are here, "hey would ya blow me."? ... Always been a big fan of having my dick sucked. Big Grin

I noticed your writing style is the very much like the author of the Egor defamation website. Same cadence, same use of ellipsis.

Ain't my work, but I do appreciate genius when I see it.

(22-03-2013 10:32 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You introduce a new religion and didn't anticipate being publicly ridiculed through satire and parody? What the fuck?!? ... Your God ain't much of a soothsayer and your divination skills are weak. Tongue

Normally, I wouldn't respond to you. But ironically, what you are saying here is exactly what God said to me earlier today. He said, "Did you really think you wouldn't be persecuted? Do you really think that's the extent of it?"

So, see! You're an unwitting prophet!

Uh huh. You just keep thinking that. ... Nitwits, they never cease to amuse me.

(22-03-2013 10:32 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 08:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I noticed your writing style is the very much like the author of the Egor defamation website. Same cadence, same use of ellipsis.

That's because it's probably him. You're very astute HJ. Good critical thinking skills. Good observations. Yes Bowing

Wish it was, but it ain't me, wouldn't spend good money on a website just to dick with some backwoods nitwit from the bayou. You will end up paying my legal costs and exposing yourself to even more public ridicule in a court of law. Bring it bitch.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
23-03-2013, 04:23 PM
(23-03-2013 12:00 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  Checked out Egor's website. Let's see what other, more mainstream religious and secular sources would say about Veridicanism:
Definition of cult from Merriam-Webster:
Definition of CULT

: formal religious veneration : worship

: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also: its body of adherents

: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also: its body of adherents

: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>

a: great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially: such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b: the object of such devotion c: a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

Definition of Cult from Christianitytoday.com:

The third, and most commonly used definition, refers to a religious group that is:
    1) Exclusive. They may say, "We're the only ones with the truth; everyone else is wrong; and if you leave our group your salvation is in danger."
    2) Secretive. Certain teachings are not available to outsiders or they're presented only to certain members, sometimes after taking vows of confidentiality.
    3) Authoritarian. A human leader expects total loyalty and unquestioned obedience.

Now before we rush to judgment, let's look at a couple of the particulars straight from the Veridican website, and compare them to some more mainstream Christian statements and tenets:

Quote from the cover of the Veridican Gospel:
    The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ is an "inspired synthesis of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Thomas" (bolding mine; quote from the cover of the book). Based on your own statement, this so-called gospel is your own creation. It's another name for yet another non-canonical mishmash of Scriptural and non-Scriptural sources (Thomas will never be considered inspired by mainstream Christianity) typically created to advance a group's own agenda, and tends to originate from the hand of a charismatic leader claiming special revelation of "truth." No mainstream denomination would accept the Veridican "Gospel" as authoritative or inspired.

Your "authorization" from the Veridican website:
    "These Articles, having been laid down by my hand under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, on January 22, 2013, shall not be changed except they be altered by a duly elected church council of the leading Veridican Church which shall cast a unanimous vote by a quorum of ordained leaders belonging to that council. So help me God." (bolding mine)

So based on this statement from your website, *you* came up with your articles of faith, but it takes a unanimous vote to change them? And who ordains the other leaders? Are they beholden to you? Are they *related* to you? Who or what gives you the authority to come up with this stuff and then require a unanimous vote to change it? Smells like...central authority in a single, charismatic leader!

From altreligion.about.com:
    "Central Authority In a Single, Charismatic Leader"
    Dangerous cults are commonly led by a single person whose authority cannot be easily challenged (bolding mine). These leaders are often accepted as either prophets gifted with divine insight unavailable to members or as gods themselves. Loyalty and adoration are often significantly directed toward the leader rather than some outside force." Gee, who does that remind me of?

Your idea of Jesus Christ from your website:
    "We assert that Jesus Christ was a physical man living on earth who was the first among us to transform into Christ." (bolding mine). Again, no mainstream denomination views Jesus as a man transformed into "The Christ." Creating your own definition of who Christ was, and stating that a transformation of a human into a god or Christ is possible, are not acceptable practices in mainstream Christianity, as we see below:

Attacking the Deity of Christ (from waltermartin.com):
    Throughout the entire content of inspired Scripture the fact of Christ’s identity is clearly taught. He is revealed as Jehovah God in human form (bolding mine) (Isaiah 9:6; Micah 5:2; Isaiah 7:14; John 1:14; 8:58; 17:5 [cf. Exodus 3:14]; Hebrews 1:3; Philippians 2:11; Colossians 2:9; and Revelation 1:8, 17–18; etc.). The deity of Jesus Christ is one of the cornerstones of Christianity, and as such has been attacked more vigorously throughout the ages than any other single doctrine of the Christian faith. Adhering to the old Arian heresy of the fourth century A.D., which Athanasius the great church Father refuted in his famous essay "On the Incarnation of the Word," many individuals and all cults steadfastly deny the equality of Jesus Christ with God the Father, and, consequently, the Triune deity. Jehovah’s Witnesses, as has been observed, are no exception to this infamous rule. However, the testimony of the Scriptures stands sure, and the above mentioned references alone put to silence forever this blasphemous heresy, which in the power of Satan himself deceives many with its "deceitful handling of the Word of God."

From Multnomah University website (my alma mater):
    "We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. He became man, without ceasing to be God, and was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary in order to redeem sinful humanity. He satisfied God’s holy and just demands by dying as our substitute on the cross. He assured our redemption by His resurrection from the dead in the same, though glorified, body in which He was crucified. (John 1:1-2; Luke 1:35; Rom. 3:24-25; 1 Pet. 1:3-5)" (bolding mine). In other words, Christ was always fully human and fully divine - no some enlightened shlub that we can aspire to be made into.

From Wikipedia:
    "In his influential book The Kingdom of the Cults (first published in the United States in 1965) Christian scholar Walter Martin defines Christian cults as groups that follow the personal interpretation of an individual, rather than the understanding of the Bible accepted by mainstream Christianity." Walter Martin's book was required reading when I was in the Church, and your outfit would fit right into his book along with the rest of the cults (if it were large and/or influential enough to be worth including).

Summary:Bottom line, your organization's alteration of Scripture, autocratic structure, and minimization of Christ's divinity makes you look, sound, and smell like a cult. NO mainstream denomination would take you or your "revelation" seriously, and you'd be viewed as yet another example of a splinter group attempting to lead people away into untruth. Based on your own words, YOU, Egon, would be the one condemned to hell for warping canonical Scripture and deceiving the innocent. Of course, as an atheist I don't believe in hell, but if the canonical Bible is correct, you're on a greased pole straight to the bottom of the pit! That means you can't speak for the vast majority of Christians, and therefore have no real authority or ability to represent Christianity or debate on matters of the Christian faith. All you can do is defend Veridicanism, which in the grand scheme of things is a meaningless blip on the religious map.

Anyway, please promise us one thing: When (not "if" based on past examples) your little group goes off the rails in order to prepare for or bring on the apocalypse, I BEG you to take whatever children are unfortunate enough to be born into your wacky bunch to the nearest Child Protective Services office so that they won't suffer for your hubris. Because if you are manic enough to believe that you've already been given special revelation, then based on other "inspired" leaders (Jim Jones, David Koresh, etc) you'll most likely be manic enough to receive some sort of future revelation that will be harmful to others, particularly the innocent. For the sake of the kids, please admit you *may* be mistaken and let them go free if/when you decide to do some sort of extreme act to please your idea of God and bring his kingdom into fruition. It's the right thing to do!

I appreciate the effort here, but we all know he's stark ravin' already.

Don't worry about the kids... to quote Katiegal, "there's no congregation but the video camera."
None of his videos have won a single "thumb up"

The only person we need to worry about is Egor himself. When it finally dawns on him that absolutely nobody is taking him seriously, he may be a danger to himself. We need to bear that in mind, as we may be the only "family" he has.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
23-03-2013, 04:33 PM
(22-03-2013 08:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-03-2013 06:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, don't think that's gonna fucking happen fool. ... And while you are here, "hey would ya blow me."? ... Always been a big fan of having my dick sucked. Big Grin

I noticed your writing style is the very much like the author of the Egor defamation website. Same cadence, same use of ellipsis.
Hmmmm....I also use ellipsis...a lot. Either Girly doesn't hold the patent on that or I am part of the big conspiracy...apparently I missed a meeting...I gotta start paying more attention...nah...this crap lost my interest a while ago...

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-03-2013, 04:43 PM
(23-03-2013 05:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I went over there and linked back to here. Maybe we'll get some new skeptics outta the deal. Thumbsup

Prolly. He is THE best walking-talking advertisement ever invented for atheism.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-03-2013, 05:55 PM
If the Egor Delusion comprises of the Big Ed and his little woman is that really a cult? Sounds more like a relationship that is into kinky stuff....
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
23-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Everytime Ed, Edward or Egor puts fingers to keyboard it confirms my atheism.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

23-03-2013, 11:12 PM
(22-03-2013 10:41 AM)Egor Wrote:  What I'm saying (and I admit not to clearly) is that atheism, the philosophy, necessarily can have no "moral" foundation, because morality stems from obedience to authority, and that ultimately leads to God being the moral authority, which is why Kings and Queens are said to rule by "Divine Right."

Why would morality stem from obedience to authority? Why can't morality stem from a dependence on others?

Are you familiar with the idea of "the social contract"? It's basically an unspoken agreement that you won't rob, rape, or kill your friends (even when presented with an opportunity) in trade for their unspoken agreement that they won't do it to you. Society couldn't function without it.

It feels like you're looking at morality through your personal bias -- your morality comes from an obedience to authority, and so you assume that everyone's must also. But there are perfectly rational reasons to be moral, even when there is no authority to obey. Moral actions build the necessary trust between each other for society to work. If we couldn't act morally, the social contract would fail.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
23-03-2013, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2013 12:01 AM by Bucky Ball.)
I'm not going through the entire thread of nonsense to find it, but what an ingornant imbecile.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_right_of_kings
He's also a sneaky sob. He has not disabed the comments on the videos on YouTube, but deletes any comments that he doesn't like. Since every video has ONLY a few viewers, and they are ALL "thumbs down", there are no comments showing. Typical shifty religious manipulation. He IS a megalomaniacal nut job, who has been hearig voices AND responding to them since he was a kid. Wow. A self-admitted psycho. That's our Ed. I got some news fer ya'll. The responses are going to be "slow" even when they do come out . Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post