My fifth video is up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: My fifth video is up
(15-03-2013 03:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  I must admit, yeah, I thought I could have free speech...

But, come on, I'm a Christian, if I have the power to stop disrespect being shown to my Lord and Savior...

One of these things is not like the other.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Starcrash's post
15-03-2013, 04:12 PM
(15-03-2013 04:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's kinda disconcerting that you have this podium and stage and keep saying "we" when it is basically just you - but, yeah, it is a decently made vid. Thumbsup

It's the "royal we", silly. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-03-2013, 04:14 PM
(15-03-2013 04:11 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  By the way, for someone who continually drops the 'I'm a martial arts badass' comments, you're noticeably absent from the ATA rankings for your state. You do compete, yes? Because there's only two guys showing up in your age and rank division. Which means you could go to a tournament, lose to both, and still come in third: http://ataonline.com/the_ring/standings/...LA&ve=&vf=
Wow, that is just uncalled for. What did Egor do to you?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2013, 05:30 PM
(15-03-2013 04:14 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 04:11 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  By the way, for someone who continually drops the 'I'm a martial arts badass' comments, you're noticeably absent from the ATA rankings for your state. You do compete, yes? Because there's only two guys showing up in your age and rank division. Which means you could go to a tournament, lose to both, and still come in third: http://ataonline.com/the_ring/standings/...LA&ve=&vf=
Wow, that is just uncalled for. What did Egor do to you?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He's a forum treasure. My bad.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
15-03-2013, 05:39 PM
(15-03-2013 04:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  t's the "royal we", silly. Tongue

No, I believe it is the "insane we" of someone that has at least one too many imaginary people living in his head.
[+] 4 users Like Simon Moon's post
15-03-2013, 06:54 PM
(15-03-2013 05:39 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 04:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  t's the "royal we", silly. Tongue

No, I believe it is the "insane we" of someone that has at least one too many imaginary people living in his head.

How many's one too many? 'Cause I'm working with like 4-6. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
15-03-2013, 07:40 PM
(15-03-2013 11:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  My fifth video in the “What is Veridicanism?” series is up on YouTube. It’s called, “The Articles of Faith 1-7” I hope you’ll take a look.

Be Christ. Thumbsup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK2YjDfU264
I watched your video and it seems your version of Christianity is science friendly. Please continue.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
15-03-2013, 08:08 PM
(15-03-2013 03:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  I must admit, yeah, I thought I could have free speech...

But, come on, I'm a Christian, if I have the power to stop disrespect being shown to my Lord and Savior...

So the christian god is all for free will, but not yourself? you want to cut that back? Hmm.. Interesting. Did you smell brimstone and burning flesh when your god speaks to you? Just curious...

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

15-03-2013, 08:51 PM

(15-03-2013 04:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's kinda disconcerting that you have this podium and stage and keep saying "we" when it is basically just you - but, yeah, it is a decently made vid. Thumbsup

Actually it's "we," but I'm not sure in the internet age how easy it's going to be to keep track. After all, if someone likes the Veridican philosophy, that doesn't prevent them from being a Catholic or Lutheran, or any other denomination. They just like reading my stuff, and watching my videos. It's not an either/or kind of thing.

(15-03-2013 04:11 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Why is it no one ever comes up to me when I'm working heel hooks, knee locks, double-leg transitions from the wall, and says I'm a smegma-dripping insane person for not being a Veridican?

Because people in Christ don't speak to people that way.

Quote:My point is, if you won't do it then, don't do it over the internet. Because every quote you've ever said is stored here, and if you say you've never talked shit or tough-guy to anyone over the internet without doing it to them in person, then I'm a one-legged jump roping champion.

I have talked 'dissing stuff, but I've never tried to be a "tough guy" to anyone. If people have felt that way, it's probably because I've told them the truth about myself and what I do. Or if someone said they were going to do something to me, I might have said, "Let's get in the ring." But that's not dissing someone's family or religious leader, is it?

Quote:By the way, for someone who continually drops the 'I'm a martial arts badass' comments, you're noticeably absent from the ATA rankings for your state. You do compete, yes?

No. Just at local tournaments, + I'm not in CIT, so I'm not ranked. I've only ever competed in class and at a few local tournaments. Mind you, I did take first place at the last tournament I was in (for my division). I fought three times in a row and won each one. That's the truth.

And now, I'm not even in the class anymore. After I got my black belt, my hours at work got cut, and we really didn't like being in our particular class as black belts, so we just train on our own now. Three times a week, I stretch out, we hit pads and work the heavy bag. We spar a little for what it's worth, work on this form or that, practice self-defense techniques and practice with the bo staff. Four times a week we run 2.5 miles.

That's probably how it will be for the rest of my life, now. If my daughter and her fiance immigrate to the US to open a school, I might join his school and help instruct, but otherwise, I'm just going to do my own thing now.

That's it.

Quote:Because there's only two guys showing up in your age and rank division. Which means you could go to a tournament, lose to both, and still come in third: http://ataonline.com/the_ring/standings/...LA&ve=&vf=

Sad but true. That actually happened to me once when I was first starting out. I even got a medal for it. But, like I said, I'm kind of a freelance taekwondoist now. In fact, my...friend...in England teaches ITF style, so I'm thinking of checking out the forms for that style and starting to practice them. Currently, I'm working on my jump-spin hook kick...but I'm not 24 anymore. I should be happy if I can just do a spin hook kick at my own head height and let it go at that.

Now look, you got me talking about martial arts. I may never stop.

The point I was making was that it's cowardly to use fighting words on the internet. MPS might be full able to kick my butt without any difficulty. That doesn't matter. The fact is, using fighting words when there is no possibility of the other guy getting to you to fight is dishonorable. Wouldn't you agree? Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 09:03 PM
(15-03-2013 03:35 PM)Egor Wrote:  Update: Oh, I see, My Probiscus Sucks is giving me negative reps for banning him from my forum. I must admit, yeah, I thought I could have free speech, but no, not when it comes to blasphemy--no can do.

I agree that you shouldn't allow blasphemy but have you considered that you may have stopped it by warning him or just giving him a temp ban?