My fifth video is up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2013, 06:55 AM
RE: My fifth video is up
(16-03-2013 12:00 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 11:10 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Because unless your a completely different person in real life, and everything on here is bulshit, I'd say your likely a bit of a schizo. At the least you should have some cognitive therapy, you appear to have had a rather dissapointing life, often getting angry? You did mention sinning over and over, so you must be disapointed with yourself about the way you behaved in the past. No time like the present to change. See someone.

Yeah, sure. But you're the atheist, not me. To be an atheist requires some serious head-in-the-sand denial of the reality that surrounds you. It takes a lot of mental energy to be an atheist, like pushing a car that's out of gas.

You certainly have that backwards. For an atheist like me reality is a beautiful thing, and all mental energy spent exploring it is joyful.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
16-03-2013, 07:02 AM
(16-03-2013 12:00 AM)Egor Wrote:  Have you ever seen one of those mosquito eater bugs? The don't eat, they don't bite, they only become the fly that they are so they can mate and die. You see them flying around in the wetlands where I live all the time. They are lost. They have no purpose. They are like the human being who hasn't become Christ.

I am astounded that you would criticize one of God's creations by saying it has no purpose. The ramifications of believing that destroys any argument you have for a god and undermines EVERYTHING you espouse. That certainly took me by surprise.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
16-03-2013, 09:06 AM
(16-03-2013 12:00 AM)Egor Wrote:  To be an atheist requires some serious head-in-the-sand denial of the reality that surrounds you. It takes a lot of mental energy to be an atheist, like pushing a car that's out of gas.

I'd rather use my 'mental energy' - you call it that, I call it thinking - as an atheist than be mental and use my energy the way your baby Jesus inspired a lot of folk.

That's the truth.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 4 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
16-03-2013, 12:20 PM
(15-03-2013 03:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 03:41 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Since you made up the whole creed, you'd think you'd be able to recite the basic parts without looking down to your notes every 3rd word. This is YOUR expertise yet you don't portray a mastery of the wording of even the basic concepts. It is a bit distracting when you have unnatural pauses in the sentences to look down at your notes.

Yes that was a bit aggressive but it is a well intentioned and honest criticism. You need to be more relaxed and exhibit a better command of the basics. I do a fair bit of speaking in front of small and large (800+) and am always trying to improve myself as well. In this instance the delivery (to me) severely impacted my ability (and desire) to continue watching.

Yeah, looking at your avatar and nic, I'm sure it was my unnatural pauses that impacted your desire to keep watching. Drinking Beverage

Hey, talk to God about it. I'm doing the best I can. I'm even worse with The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. Why? because I was following the Holy Spirit when I wrote it, so my mind wasn't making the hardwire memories of it like it would if I were creating it myself.

These first videos, the whole series, is my practice pad for getting back into public speaking. And frankly, it may be sour grapes, but I don't want too look to practiced or rehersed when I speak. I just don't. I hate preachers like that, and I don't want to be one. I don't want to suck at it, but I want to give the true appearance of who I am and how sincere I am about all of this. But that's no excuse for bad public speaking skills. All I can say is I am working on it. Yes
Huh? How you "received" what you call gospel is not at issue. My point is that if you are writing it don and trying to start a movement based on it, you should know the parts you quote for the video. I understand you not wanting to come off as too polished/slick or whatever but you need to have at least a basic command of the basics. You asked for feedback and there it is.

I'm not too sure what my choice of avatar (an alien from the movie of that title) has anything to do with anything. Oh and if your god wants to talk about it, I'm available anytime for someone as esteemed as he is supposed to be. I tried for a decade to talk to them with no answer, now the onus is on them.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
16-03-2013, 01:17 PM

(16-03-2013 05:23 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Poor old Egor's been more indoctrinated than most. The rational part of his mind has rejected conventional Christianity, yet he's not able to go all the way by admitting that the Bible is bullshit. He's written his own version to try to make some sense out of it.

I wrote a synthesis of the five Gospels, not a version of the Bible. And as for fearing God, it's not because of any hand-me-down fear from ancient times. It's from looking at the world through the years that I've lived in it and watching how God does things.

(16-03-2013 12:20 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Huh? How you "received" what you call gospel is not at issue. My point is that if you are writing it don and trying to start a movement based on it, you should know the parts you quote for the video. I understand you not wanting to come off as too polished/slick or whatever but you need to have at least a basic command of the basics. You asked for feedback and there it is.

You know how you know someone has a hidden agenda in their criticisms? Maybe jealousy? Maybe sabotage? When they continue to criticize you even after you agreed with them.

Your speaking sucks.
Yeah, I know. I'm working on it.
Working on it or not, it sucks.

That's not criticism. That's just an attack for some other reason.

Quote:I'm not too sure what my choice of avatar (an alien from the movie of that title) has anything to do with anything. Oh and if your god wants to talk about it, I'm available anytime for someone as esteemed as he is supposed to be. I tried for a decade to talk to them with no answer, now the onus is on them.

Oh...now I think we're starting to see the motivation. Well, I'll give you a tip. If you want to talk to God, then get the right god first--
God is not a "them" God is God. Second, if you want a breakthrough moment, most people find a return to nature helps. Just put on a backpack and head out into the remote wilderness and spend some days out there. No one can be in nature for long and remain an atheist.
Like John Denver sang in Rocky Mountain High: "Talk to God and listen to the casual reply." When I was 28, I went out on my own for three days in the eastern Nevada mountains, Toiyabe National Forest to be exact. You do your own outing. But there are three rules:

You have to do it alone.
It has to be at least three days, but more if necessary.
No electronics of any kind--none.
The only book you take is a small pocket New Testament and a map.
And the more dangerous the better--like climb a mountain while you're out there.

Do that, and you won't be an atheist anymore. You'll hear God; I guarantee it.
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2013, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2013 01:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-03-2013 09:28 PM)Egor Wrote:  I mean, a person can say "God sucks!" and that's not really blasphemy, but if someone comes into a forum where I have control and calls God a flying speghetti monster, I freak. One can hate God, one can believe there is no God. But mocking God is something that--I don't know, it makes me feel rage.

You're right, that's not blasphemy, even saying God don't exist ain't blasphemy. Claiming to be my own personal Jesus, my own personal Son of Man, my own personal God, now that's blasphemous. And you're as guilty of it as Girly is. ... Difference is, for some bizarre reason it pisses you off while Girly celebrates it. Tongue

(15-03-2013 09:28 PM)Egor Wrote:  Alas, I think I'm wearing my psychology on my sleeve.

That you do. But I mean, where else you gonna wear it? You're like one of them crazy homophobes who can't accept their own homosexuality so they fervently and feverishly lash out against homosexuality in the vain and futile hope that will mean they ain't really gay. It's the Larry Craig syndrome.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-03-2013, 01:26 PM
(16-03-2013 01:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 05:23 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Poor old Egor's been more indoctrinated than most. The rational part of his mind has rejected conventional Christianity, yet he's not able to go all the way by admitting that the Bible is bullshit. He's written his own version to try to make some sense out of it.

I wrote a synthesis of the five Gospels, not a version of the Bible. And as for fearing God, it's not because of any hand-me-down fear from ancient times. It's from looking at the world through the years that I've lived in it and watching how God does things.

(16-03-2013 12:20 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Huh? How you "received" what you call gospel is not at issue. My point is that if you are writing it don and trying to start a movement based on it, you should know the parts you quote for the video. I understand you not wanting to come off as too polished/slick or whatever but you need to have at least a basic command of the basics. You asked for feedback and there it is.

You know how you know someone has a hidden agenda in their criticisms? Maybe jealousy? Maybe sabotage? When they continue to criticize you even after you agreed with them.

Your speaking sucks.
Yeah, I know. I'm working on it.
Working on it or not, it sucks.

That's not criticism. That's just an attack for some other reason.

Quote:I'm not too sure what my choice of avatar (an alien from the movie of that title) has anything to do with anything. Oh and if your god wants to talk about it, I'm available anytime for someone as esteemed as he is supposed to be. I tried for a decade to talk to them with no answer, now the onus is on them.

Oh...now I think we're starting to see the motivation. Well, I'll give you a tip. If you want to talk to God, then get the right god first--
God is not a "them" God is God. Second, if you want a breakthrough moment, most people find a return to nature helps. Just put on a backpack and head out into the remote wilderness and spend some days out there. No one can be in nature for long and remain an atheist.
Like John Denver sang in Rocky Mountain High: "Talk to God and listen to the casual reply." When I was 28, I went out on my own for three days in the eastern Nevada mountains, Toiyabe National Forest to be exact. You do your own outing. But there are three rules:

You have to do it alone.
And the more dangerous the better--like climb a mountain while you're out there.

Been there. No gods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
16-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Most excellent analolgy Girly! Kudos! I really think the more Egor protests the more he's just demonstrating his own fears that he is believing a lie.

Well either that or he thinks he'll just cash in on the far less fortunate selling his own brand of salvation.

Or...

He's just a bit nuts.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-03-2013, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 16-03-2013 02:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-03-2013 01:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  You have to do it alone.

Yup, been there, done that, got the T-shirt. 'Cept I went there with the red letter version of the New Testament and came down as my own personal Jesus, I am my own God, that's what Jesus and the Buddha and countless others are trying to say. ... So you can just suck that, bitch. Big Grin

(16-03-2013 01:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  Been there. No gods.

No that's not right. There are gods. But there are no gods which are not the product of our imagination and invention and insecurity and delusion. ... They don't actually exist, they're more like an opium for the masses.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-03-2013, 07:10 PM
(16-03-2013 12:00 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah, sure. But you're the atheist, not me. To be an atheist requires some serious head-in-the-sand denial of the reality that surrounds you. It takes a lot of mental energy to be an atheist, like pushing a car that's out of gas.

You're spirit is lost. It's not supposed to be alive. It's supposed to be dead and Christ is supposed to be alive in you. Have you ever seen one of those mosquito eater bugs? The don't eat, they don't bite, they only become the fly that they are so they can mate and die. You see them flying around in the wetlands where I live all the time. They are lost. They have no purpose. They are like the human being who hasn't become Christ.

That's the truth. You should believe it.

Prove it.

(16-03-2013 01:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  I wrote a synthesis of the five Gospels, not a version of the Bible. And as for fearing God, it's not because of any hand-me-down fear from ancient times. It's from looking at the world through the years that I've lived in it and watching how God does things.

Oh cut the shit, you wanted to feel special because of how miserable you must be, so you wrote a book and pretend to be gods special little helper. Grow up? Consider

(16-03-2013 01:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  You have to do it alone.

So, basically what your saying...

Create conditions in which most people would become extremely bored, and lack stimulation (lacking stimulation will surely come after a day or two of doing nothing but listening to and looking at your surroundings). Boredom will grow worse and worse, until you perhaps actually want to do something so bad you read the one and only book you brought. Then your saying you will hear voices. Well no shit sherlock. Your brain will require more stimulation so badly, it will create it internally. Didn't you say you took post secondary education in the field of health and wellness? Wow... Just wow. Dodgy

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post