My fifth video is up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2013, 08:19 PM

RE: My fifth video is up
(17-03-2013 07:10 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Prove it.

That's between you and God--ultimately.

(16-03-2013 01:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  Oh cut the shit, you wanted to feel special because of how miserable you must be, so you wrote a book and pretend to be gods special little helper. Grow up?

God doesn't need my help. He could have gotten anyone to do it. But he gave me the opportunity to serve him. It's that simple.

(16-03-2013 01:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  So, basically what your saying...

Create conditions in which most people would become extremely bored, and lack stimulation (lacking stimulation will surely come after a day or two of doing nothing but listening to and looking at your surroundings). Boredom will grow worse and worse, until you perhaps actually want to do something so bad you read the one and only book you brought. Then your saying you will hear voices. Well no shit sherlock. Your brain will require more stimulation so badly, it will create it internally. Didn't you say you took post secondary education in the field of health and wellness? Wow... Just wow. Dodgy

No, I mean stay in the city, smoke meth and weed, text until your fingers blister while watching TV and simultaneously playing XBox360, then wonder why you can't hear the voice of God.
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2013, 09:57 PM
(17-03-2013 08:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-03-2013 07:10 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Prove it.

That's between you and God--ultimately.

Well, then I guess it's his fault If I go to hell. I believed once upon a time, wanted some kind of sign, and I got nothing. I got nothing because I don't consider the floor creaking a minute after the fact, or a gust of wind outside the house being what I think is mistakenly routed through the speech processing areas of the brain so that it feels like what was heard was speech. I experience this ocasionally, at least monthly. Once today.

(16-03-2013 01:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  God doesn't need my help. He could have gotten anyone to do it. But he gave me the opportunity to serve him. It's that simple.

Just like all the other people right? It's not a delusion, gods just selectively reaching out to various people.

(16-03-2013 01:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  No, I mean stay in the city, smoke meth and weed, text until your fingers blister while watching TV and simultaneously playing XBox360, then wonder why you can't hear the voice of God.

You claimed god speaks to you often (daily if I remember right). So are you away from all electronics, other people, and such? Wait a minute, then who is posting in your name?

God will speak to you all the time, but we have to go into a forest for three days with practically nothing?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
17-03-2013, 11:04 PM
(16-03-2013 04:23 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 01:47 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Just look at it this way. If God is willing to put up with "blasphemy", then I imagine you can, too. If the things that you believe about God are true, then God would remove those words it if he felt it was necessary. He hasn't, so it isn't necessary.

With that line of reasoning, God could keep them there if He wanted as well. The fact is, "I" can't tolerate blasphemy in my forum. And you know what I mean--I'm not talking about the guy who criticizes the Church or hates God and Christ, or whatever. I'm talking about the mocking that atheists like to do. And I think I've explained my position pretty clearly.

If an atheist has devolved so much that they don't even have any manners left to respect what others hold dear, then they don't deserve free speech. In fact, there's nothing good about giving such a person free speech--their speech accomplishes nothing.

Who cares if "you" can't tolerate blasphemy? It isn't personally offensive to you -- it's directed at someone else, which means that you're offended on behalf of someone who (as I already made the case) isn't as offended. So let it go.

And yes, that means allowing free speech that you personally feel "accomplishes nothing". The whole, entire purpose of free speech is to allow people to get offended. If no one got offended by free speech, it wouldn't need protection. You're just arguing for a double-standard, saying that you ought to be allowed to offend but not to be offended. You may not think that your speech is not offensive, but "offensive" is in the eye of the beholder. Of course you're not offended by your own speech, and because I don't support double-standards, I'll never try to restrict your freedom to offend me or anyone else.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
18-03-2013, 12:29 AM

(17-03-2013 09:57 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  Well, then I guess it's his fault If I go to hell.

Whatever. He can do whatever He wants to do. If He created you for Hell, then it's all good. I can't say. All I can do is throw out a net and try to catch those God wants saved.

Quote:I believed once upon a time, wanted some kind of sign, and I got nothing.

If you believed...why were you looking for a sign? Like I said, maybe you were created for hell. Maybe God doesn't love you. You don't love God, right? So, maybe the reason there's no connection is because you were created to be damned, created just so the chosen could look and see what it's like to not be chosen.

God can do anything He wants--it's His dream.

Quote:

Just like all the other people right? It's not a delusion, gods just selectively reaching out to various people.

Who knows? He's reached out to me; I know that. If I'm wrong, I have no way of proving it or even seeing it. I have no choice but to live out the destiny He created me for.

(16-03-2013 01:17 PM)Egor Wrote:  God will speak to you all the time, but we have to go into a forest for three days with practically nothing?

It's one way to get the breakthrough if you want it and don't have it. There are other ways. But it really begins with a desire for it. Jesus told us to seek and to ask for it. Jesus always starts from the assumption that a person would really want it if they could get it. He also wasn't talking to atheists.

An atheist cannot hear the voice of God. They have to stop being an atheist first.
18-03-2013, 12:41 AM

(17-03-2013 11:04 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Who cares if "you" can't tolerate blasphemy? It isn't personally offensive to you -- it's directed at someone else, which means that you're offended on behalf of someone who (as I already made the case) isn't as offended. So let it go.

And yes, that means allowing free speech that you personally feel "accomplishes nothing". The whole, entire purpose of free speech is to allow people to get offended. If no one got offended by free speech, it wouldn't need protection. You're just arguing for a double-standard, saying that you ought to be allowed to offend but not to be offended. You may not think that your speech is not offensive, but "offensive" is in the eye of the beholder. Of course you're not offended by your own speech, and because I don't support double-standards, I'll never try to restrict your freedom to offend me or anyone else.

It's strange and ironic to read your words on this. I was just reading in the Veridican Gospel today this verse; it's part of the Sermon on the Mount:

“In these acts, you will find that God is in you, for He cannot be offended, and He cares for the ungrateful and evildoers. He sends rain to the just and the unjust.

“Therefore, be merciful, even as God is merciful. Be perfect, even as God is perfect.

VGJC 6:16-17

I think you may be an unwitting prophet. I think I may have to rescend my rule on blasphemy. In fact, I know it now. Thanks for arguing your side and helping me to see the truth of the matter.

I guess I better un-ban My Probiscis Sucks, too.

I will still have to limit the types of speech listed in the core rules. Those rules are necessary or the forum won't be able to exist. But that's different.
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
18-03-2013, 01:01 AM

Okay, it's done.
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
18-03-2013, 01:32 AM
(18-03-2013 12:41 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-03-2013 11:04 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Who cares if "you" can't tolerate blasphemy? It isn't personally offensive to you -- it's directed at someone else, which means that you're offended on behalf of someone who (as I already made the case) isn't as offended. So let it go.

It's strange and ironic to read your words on this. I was just reading in the Veridican Gospel today this verse; it's part of the Sermon on the Mount:

“In these acts, you will find that God is in you, for He cannot be offended, and He cares for the ungrateful and evildoers. He sends rain to the just and the unjust.

“Therefore, be merciful, even as God is merciful. Be perfect, even as God is perfect.

VGJC 6:16-17

I think you may be an unwitting prophet. I think I may have to rescend my rule on blasphemy. In fact, I know it now. Thanks for arguing your side and helping me to see the truth of the matter.

I guess I better un-ban My Probiscis Sucks, too.

I will still have to limit the types of speech listed in the core rules. Those rules are necessary or the forum won't be able to exist. But that's different.

Egor, what was more embarrassing? Calling yourself Reverend or trying to protect God from being offended?
18-03-2013, 01:58 AM

(18-03-2013 01:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Egor, what was more embarrassing? Calling yourself Reverend or trying to protect God from being offended?

What do you care? I'm learning as I go. I'm reinventing the wheel by necessity. You can't do what I'm doing. And I have no need to "pretend" at perfection. If I do something, and later I see that I was wrong, I change. Notice, that both changes have occurred based on the instructions of Jesus Christ. And when Starcrash presented a reasonable argument (or was used by God to present the argument), I listened.

You think you have some victory, because I am growing as Christ? You have nothing. You're just another atheist heckling me from the crowd. You are noise.
18-03-2013, 02:21 AM
(18-03-2013 01:58 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-03-2013 01:32 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Egor, what was more embarrassing? Calling yourself Reverend or trying to protect God from being offended?

What do you care? I'm learning as I go. I'm reinventing the wheel by necessity. You can't do what I'm doing. And I have no need to "pretend" at perfection. If I do something, and later I see that I was wrong, I change. Notice, that both changes have occurred based on the instructions of Jesus Christ. And when Starcrash presented a reasonable argument (or was used by God to present the argument), I listened.

You think you have some victory, because I am growing as Christ? You have nothing. You're just another atheist heckling me from the crowd. You are noise.

If you are Christ, you should not be as wishy-washie as you have shown yourself to be.
18-03-2013, 02:44 AM

(18-03-2013 02:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you are Christ, you should not be as wishy-washie as you have shown yourself to be.

What do you know about being Christ?

My mission as Christ is to usher in the philosophy and religion of Veridicanism, start the First Veridican Church, synthesize the Gospels, and spread the message of the Second Coming of Christ, which is what this is all about. I can do this because of the power of Christ that is within me. Jesus is my Lord and Savior and my Teacher; God is my Father.

You don't understand any of that. You can't. You should, but you won't.

Why collect the negative rep points? You don't belong down here with me? You belong up there with them--your family--just like KC. Isn't that right?