My fifth video is up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: My fifth video is up
(18-03-2013 02:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-03-2013 02:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If you are Christ, you should not be as wishy-washie as you have shown yourself to be.

What do you know about being Christ?

This is the funniest thing I have read in quite a while. If you've gained anything lately Egor, it's Cojones the size of Chichen Itza.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2013, 07:32 PM
(19-03-2013 12:27 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  What's more, not only did they send Jesus home where he belonged (yeah, really, some sacrifice that was), but the people who did it lived thousands of years ago, so why is god so hell-bent on torturing modern man if his only reason is, as Egor seems to be saying, punishment for killing his kid?

Still makes no sense, and Egor's version is just as nonsensical as all the rest.

So he's pissed at everyone for killing his kid, and the only way to avoid eternal torment is to praise him. Yet he is the one who sent his kid here to be killed. My bulshit senses are tingling.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 2 users Like Adenosis's post
19-03-2013, 07:33 PM
(19-03-2013 07:20 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(18-03-2013 02:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  What do you know about being Christ?

This is the funniest thing I have read in quite a while. If you've gained anything lately Egor, it's Cojones the size of Chichen Itza.
Now that is funny. Cojones the size of Chichen Itza...what made you think of that? It is such a non-linear analogy. The recent Cardinal Conclave must have inspired you. Carry on.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-03-2013, 07:42 PM
(19-03-2013 07:33 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-03-2013 07:20 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  This is the funniest thing I have read in quite a while. If you've gained anything lately Egor, it's Cojones the size of Chichen Itza.
Now that is funny. Cojones the size of Chichen Itza...what made you think of that? It is such a non-linear analogy. The recent Cardinal Conclave must have inspired you. Carry on.

Not sure. "Balls of Steel" just didn't feel sufficient.

19-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Egor, you've said some things in this thread that have struck me as possibly dissociative. Many of your recent assertions sound like attempts to decouple your perception from your responsibilities as a fellow human.

20-03-2013, 01:13 AM

(19-03-2013 06:25 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  Well, isn't this something...

Egor, since you're into the qualifications game, Here's my hand:

Martial arts? Former Marine (non-combat arms), have a decade's worth of experience in the fighting arts, including a 2nd-degree black belt from a Xian dojo, where I was also its first Chaplain Associate.

Great. I hop you continue to train on a regular basis.

Quote:Xian service and education? 24 years in evangelical Christianity, served in various ministries as a grunt worker or leader, and earned a MA in Pastoral Studies from seminary.

So, you're definitely responsible for making the right choice.

Quote:Seeking God in the wilderness? In 2007 I walked 500 miles across northern Spain on the ancient Camino Frances pilgrimage trail in part as a last-ditch effort to "hear the voice of God." By the end of my trek I was twenty pounds lighter and an agnostic; later became an atheist.

So, what do you get out of the deal? I mean fill in the blank: Now that I don't believe in God, I am free to_______________.

Quote:All you have, Egor, is an internally constructed belief system wrapped around the idea of a supreme being as set forth by the Christian religion.

All I have? That sounds like a pearl of great price to me.

Quote: If you were born in Iraq, you'd probably be a Muslim insurgent; in India, a Hindu apologist; in Japan a Shinto judo practitioner. Each persona could make the same claims to divine awareness and interaction based on intense feelings, cultural identification, and a holy-writings-based presuppositional web.

Yeah, but that's not me. Is it? I'm a Veridican. I couldn't stand the Church either--just like you. But I didn't throw out the baby with the bathwater, like you. I knew that the problems with the Church came from the Church not acting like Christ. You don't seem to be able to separate the two.

Quote:I can relate because I was once like you - all my roads led to Christ. But two things eventually snapped me out of it: 1) an inability to stop asking questions,

That I agree with. In the search for truth, people overshoot. They find the truth, and then second-guess it away. I think you're over-educated. I took two theology classes in college, and I was utterly apalled. They would start out with a religious interpretation of the Bible, and that interpretation would then become the ground truth that all other truths were created from. The least they could have done is take it back to a prophet or to Christ, but it would just be some tradition, and from that tradition they would build theories and come to conclusions.

I can't do that, at least not unless I'm doing it for myself via communication from the Holy Spirit.

Quote: and 2) travel, which gave me a first-hand glimpse into cultures that were doing just fine without a god. I was open to wherever the evidence took me, and in the end it delivered me from mystic faith and into the arms of rational thought.

BS. There are no cultures that don't include God in some revelation. None. Unless you're travels were to Cuba, the former Soviet Union, or the old version of Communist China--but it would be quite the stretch to say those "cultures" are doing fine without a god.

Quote:So hey - keep synthesizing the gospels into whatever form makes sense to you (just don't add to or subtract from them - per Revelations, those are naughty ways to go),

That warning in Revelations only applies to the book of Revelations. I'm surprised you don't know that. But it doesn't matter, Revelations is not part of the Veridican Canon.

Quote:but keep in mind you are wasting your time. I wouldn't follow the Xian version of god anymore even if he existed, but I don't believe he does. It was all wish fulfillment based on a system created by unscientific Bronze-aged shamans who needed a framework to explain reality and control people.

Reject Christ; burn in hell. You know that's what's coming. You know it, because you have an MA in it. Maybe God abandoned you to Satan for some reason. I don't know you, so I can't say why or even if that's true. Or maybe you're supposed to hang with me for a while and get your faith back. There's no following in Veridicanism. We're all brothers and sisters ministering to one another.

But my guess is it's a lot lot simpler. You probably fell away because of sin and to come back would require you to admit its sin, and you're not willing to do that.

Personally, I never had a problem with sin. I sin and God forgives me for it. He's been doing it all my life. I try to do better, some things I can't change at all. God's still with me.
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 01:17 AM

(19-03-2013 07:50 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Egor, you've said some things in this thread that have struck me as possibly dissociative. Many of your recent assertions sound like attempts to decouple your perception from your responsibilities as a fellow human.

I am telling you about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I'm telling you you need to be reborn before you die or you will go to hell. I'm telling you this to save you. I am a messenger of God--apparently--and I'm giving His message to you. That is most definitely living up to my responsibilities as a fellow human. That is loving my neighbor as myself by doing unto you as I would want you to do unto me.
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Just curious where you get all your information, Egor. I've seen plenty of information that places a lot of doubt on the very stories in the bible. No originals. No way to know authors. No way to know how much of it was overly translated or added to by over zealous scribes. No way to even understand how much of the originals were fabrications [and there are some pretty influential pieces of information there, too].

I was never really a christian. I was one who "believed because I was expected to by authority figures". When I actually attempted to REALLY "find god", I was left with the deepest darkest pit of nothing. The "heavens" were silent. Even in my darkest hours, there was nothing. Now, you can look at that and claim "god didn't want you, so gave you to satan". If that is the truth, I can do nothing about it. But that makes this "god" a monster. Unless this "god" really ISN'T the supreme power at all . . . and is only able to take those who demonstrate a level of credulity that can be used . . . and an invented "hell" to make the credulous "glad they were chosen". Maybe Lucifer actually IS "the bringer of light" to release people from that darkness. He just doesn't have the ego that cares if he is written about by mere humans.

This scenario has the same probability of being true.
20-03-2013, 07:17 AM
(20-03-2013 01:17 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(19-03-2013 07:50 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Egor, you've said some things in this thread that have struck me as possibly dissociative. Many of your recent assertions sound like attempts to decouple your perception from your responsibilities as a fellow human.

I am telling you about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I'm telling you you need to be reborn before you die or you will go to hell. I'm telling you this to save you. I am a messenger of God--apparently--and I'm giving His message to you. That is most definitely living up to my responsibilities as a fellow human. That is loving my neighbor as myself by doing unto you as I would want you to do unto me.

Believe or go to hell. Is that all you've got? That's it?

Seriously, you threaten us with something for which there is no evidence and expect what?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2013, 07:41 AM
(16-03-2013 04:23 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 01:47 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Just look at it this way. If God is willing to put up with "blasphemy", then I imagine you can, too. If the things that you believe about God are true, then God would remove those words it if he felt it was necessary. He hasn't, so it isn't necessary.

With that line of reasoning, God could keep them there if He wanted as well. The fact is, "I" can't tolerate blasphemy in my forum. And you know what I mean--I'm not talking about the guy who criticizes the Church or hates God and Christ, or whatever. I'm talking about the mocking that atheists like to do. And I think I've explained my position pretty clearly.

If an atheist has devolved so much that they don't even have any manners left to respect what others hold dear, then they don't deserve free speech. In fact, there's nothing good about giving such a person free speech--their speech accomplishes nothing.

We most definitely have the right to object. It doesn't mean we've devolved, nor does it take away our freedoms.

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House