My fifth video is up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2013, 10:36 AM

RE: My fifth video is up
(20-03-2013 07:14 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Just curious where you get all your information, Egor. I've seen plenty of information that places a lot of doubt on the very stories in the bible. No originals. No way to know authors. No way to know how much of it was overly translated or added to by over zealous scribes. No way to even understand how much of the originals were fabrications [and there are some pretty influential pieces of information there, too].

For all the reasons you just gave, I wrote the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. I took the five Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and the Gospel of Thomas, and listening to the Holy Spirit, as I have done all my life, I synthesized them into one Gospel. Since God opened my eyes to the Gospels in 1993, I have had a very strange understanding of them. I am wholly connected to them. That, and the fact that God has been talking to me since I was nine years old, gave me the authority and capability to create that work.

I am a Gospel writer, just like the writers who came before me. I know what they understood. Quite simply, I was born for this, as they were.

Now there is a Gospel, we know the author, we have the original copies, and The Gospel of Thomas has been included in the synthesis. It doesn’t matter what problems the older documents have, because they’re obsolete now. The new Gospel is what God is telling this generation of humanity.

Quote:I was never really a christian. I was one who "believed because I was expected to by authority figures". When I actually attempted to REALLY "find god", I was left with the deepest darkest pit of nothing. The "heavens" were silent. Even in my darkest hours, there was nothing.

How sad. I wonder what your expectations were. I mean, you never believed, so I don’t know who you could expect to “find God.” If you believe in God, you find Him. If you don’t, you can’t. Apparently, the believing, the faith, is a really big first step a human being is supposed to take—spiritually.

Quote:Now, you can look at that and claim "god didn't want you, so gave you to satan". If that is the truth, I can do nothing about it. But that makes this "god" a monster. Unless this "god" really ISN'T the supreme power at all . . . and is only able to take those who demonstrate a level of credulity that can be used . . . and an invented "hell" to make the credulous "glad they were chosen". Maybe Lucifer actually IS "the bringer of light" to release people from that darkness. He just doesn't have the ego that cares if he is written about by mere humans.

Satan is real. But he hates human beings.

Quote:This scenario has the same probability of being true.

Well, like you said, you only ever believed because authority figures made you act that way. So, you’ve never had faith in God in your entire life.

I have wanted to find a way to teach people how to hear the voice of God, but it’s a moot point. Those people would want to, they would already believe God existed, so there wouldn’t be anything to teach. Every Christian I know, who really likes being a Christian, already believes God speaks to them.

(20-03-2013 07:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  Believe or go to hell. Is that all you've got? That's it?

Seriously, you threaten us with something for which there is no evidence and expect what?

It’s not about evidence, it’s about authority. The same way you believe in evolution or that the sun burns hydrogen or that there are other planets orbiting other stars—authority.

Jesus teaches us about hell. He talks so much about it, that there is simply no way it’s not a historical fact that he really did preach about it. So, the question one has to ask is what about Jesus? Was he a madman? Was he an evil liar? Was he wrong? Or was He ignorant. I don’t think he was any of those things and so I take it on authority that hell exists. I preach hell because Jesus Christ preached hell.

Obviously, we have to wait until we cross over to find out. Pascal’s Wager and all that.

(20-03-2013 07:41 AM)darthbreezy Wrote:  We most definitely have the right to object. It doesn't mean we've devolved, nor does it take away our freedoms.
Atheism is prima facie devolution. A human being performs better, is more successful, and happier if they have faith over skepticism. Two people with real and lasting faith will have a happier marriage and raise better children. The inability to have faith is a defect.
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2013 11:16 AM by DeavonReye.)
(20-03-2013 10:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  For all the reasons you just gave, I wrote the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. I took the five Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and the Gospel of Thomas, and listening to the Holy Spirit, as I have done all my life, I synthesized them into one Gospel. Since God opened my eyes to the Gospels in 1993, I have had a very strange understanding of them. I am wholly connected to them. That, and the fact that God has been talking to me since I was nine years old, gave me the authority and capability to create that work.

I am a Gospel writer, just like the writers who came before me. I know what they understood. Quite simply, I was born for this, as they were.

Now there is a Gospel, we know the author, we have the original copies, and The Gospel of Thomas has been included in the synthesis. It doesn’t matter what problems the older documents have, because they’re obsolete now. The new Gospel is what God is telling this generation of humanity.

Fair enough [on your answer to my question], . . . but even those things you felt "the holy spirit" was giving you, I hope you can understand why those claims are ones that we have to "take your word on". "Hearing god" . . . in what way, if you don't mind me asking?

I've not seen the Gospel of Thomas, so I can't comment on it.

(20-03-2013 10:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  How sad. I wonder what your expectations were. I mean, you never believed, so I don’t know who you could expect to “find God.” If you believe in God, you find Him. If you don’t, you can’t. Apparently, the believing, the faith, is a really big first step a human being is supposed to take—spiritually.

I had "faith" and "believed", . . . as honestly as I knew how. I really don't even know how I could have been any more sincere, at that time. Here's the thing. For me, "faith" is basically useless. Why? Because the same "faith" you have is the same "faith" that many other religions must have [and they believe they are right]. Many christian denominations have claimed to have "spiritual discernment" as well. Why were they wrong and you right? Rhetorical. My point is, . . . even if I could "have faith" [somehow], without something far more "solid", something undeniable, even my very "beliefs" are suspect.

(20-03-2013 10:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  Satan is real. But he hates human beings.

Outside of ancient works of men [with obvious agenda], how do you know "Satan hates human beings"? What if it was propoganda to keep people from the actual truth of "Lucifer, the Light Bringer"?

(20-03-2013 10:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  Well, like you said, you only ever believed because authority figures made you act that way. So, you’ve never had faith in God in your entire life.

I have wanted to find a way to teach people how to hear the voice of God, but it’s a moot point. Those people would want to, they would already believe God existed, so there wouldn’t be anything to teach. Every Christian I know, who really likes being a Christian, already believes God speaks to them.

That's the problem. It is backwards to "first believe" if you are unable to. No, . . . . it is on any "god's shoulders" to make the first move. As I said, "faith" is useless to me, . . . and not an avenue to truth. Expecting credulity before "a god shows up", and only then, restricted to some bible verses, "feelings during prayer", or "a still small voice" [basically the same as "feelings during prayer"], is hardly an ample way to concrete a belief.

Ask yourself why ANY other religion [that has extraordinary claims] requires "faith".

And when that christian "faith" is based on potentially fraudulent "holy scriptures", how do you even come to a place where you can even KNOW "what Jesus actually said"? It is "faith in men", really. You feel you "know god". You believe "hell to be real". Therefore, it is, for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote: For all the reasons you just gave, I wrote the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. I took the five Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and the Gospel of Thomas,
Why Thomas? Why not Judas and/or James?

Do you agree with this?

Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."
Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven" (Thomas:114).

What does that mean? Is this what you'll be preaching? No

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2013, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2013 11:38 AM by darthbreezy.)
Prima facie devolution? I don't think so, not when you have burden of proof. So now you're passing along junk science to a law and psychology student; I'd be happy to lend you the studies I've saved on my laptop, and the textbooks on my bookshelf so you don't have to suffer ignorance any longer. Humans perform better under good conditions, and are subsequently more successful. The only way a faithful person is performing better than an atheist is if both people are working as pastors, and atheists are smarter than that. People in happy marriages are working at marriage, and have common interests. Just because two Christians stay successfully, happily married doesn't negate the happy, successful marriage of two Atheists; to say otherwise is untrue and arrogant. People used to think interracial couples could not have happy, successful marriages. Children grow up to be good people because of what they're taught, by example, from loving parents with good morals--you don't need faith to love your children and teach them morals. I'm sure you think they do; doesn't mean you're right. I have no faith in your god, just as I have no faith in a flying spaghetti monster, though both are equally improbable and unprovable. I was a Christian for the majority of the time I've been alive. I'm not unable or incapable of having faith, I just choose to use my brain. Using one's intelligence is not a defect, being a blind follower of an unjust, homocidal, hypocritical, contradictory, psychotic and socipathic god is. If you're not even going to pretend to be interested in civil debate using more than your perception of people who believe differently than you do, then I have no interest in what you have to say. I'm not one to walk away from an argument, but responding to logic based on arrogance has already been a huge waste of my time. Bye. EDIT: I have seen your education history on your profile. Psychology. Shame on you.

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
20-03-2013, 12:31 PM
(20-03-2013 10:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  If you believe in God, you find Him. If you don’t, you can’t.

You're not the first to say this; I hear it all the time. And it's still the dumbest thing that Christians say.

What if we apply this logic to other things?

If you believe in the Tooth Fairy, you find her. If you don’t, you can’t.
If you believe in Bigfoot, you find him. If you don’t, you can’t.
If you believe in Harry Potter, you find him. If you don't, you can't.
If you believe in Luke Skywalker, you find him. If you don’t, you can’t.
If you believe in living chocolate unicorns covered in candy sprinkles, you find them. If you don't, you can't.
Etc.

(20-03-2013 10:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  Apparently, the believing, the faith, is a really big first step a human being is supposed to take—spiritually.

It's even extra nonsensical to apply this platitude to God. None of the things in my list are omniscient and omnipotent - but God is. None of the things I listed know whether I am seeking them or in need of their guidance - but God does. None of the things I listed will punish me for failure to find them, or even know if I fail to find them - but God will. None of those things has the power to instantly make me perfectly and unquestioningly aware of their existence - but god does.

God supposedly loves me for he so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son... blah, blah. But he hides from me and he knows it. But he sets stupid rules that I must become a gullible fool and believe in mysticism and mythology if I want him to stop hiding.

Those others I can forgive, because they don't know better and don't have the power to change it, and really, because I don't have to actually believe in them to find them so there's nothing to forgive.

But not God. He's unforgivable. Fortunately, he's also nonexistent so I don't need to worry about him.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
20-03-2013, 01:22 PM

(20-03-2013 11:11 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Outside of ancient works of men [with obvious agenda], how do you know "Satan hates human beings"? What if it was propoganda to keep people from the actual truth of "Lucifer, the Light Bringer"?

What do you care? You're an atheist. You're going to have to start living like one.

(20-03-2013 10:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  how do you even come to a place where you can even KNOW "what Jesus actually said"?

Again, what do you care? You're an atheist.

Nothing matters if you don't believe in God. Nothing.
20-03-2013, 01:30 PM
(20-03-2013 12:31 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(20-03-2013 10:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  If you believe in God, you find Him. If you don’t, you can’t.
You're not the first to say this; I hear it all the time. And it's still the dumbest thing that Christians say.

What if we apply this logic to other things?

If you believe in the Tooth Fairy, you find her. If you don’t, you can’t.
If you believe in Bigfoot, you find him. If you don’t, you can’t.
If you believe in Harry Potter, you find him. If you don't, you can't.
If you believe in Luke Skywalker, you find him. If you don’t, you can’t.
If you believe in living chocolate unicorns covered in candy sprinkles, you find them. If you don't, you can't.
Etc.
It's the same (failed) logic as Credo ut intelligam.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2013, 01:34 PM
(20-03-2013 01:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-03-2013 11:11 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Outside of ancient works of men [with obvious agenda], how do you know "Satan hates human beings"? What if it was propoganda to keep people from the actual truth of "Lucifer, the Light Bringer"?

What do you care? You're an atheist. You're going to have to start living like one.

(20-03-2013 10:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  how do you even come to a place where you can even KNOW "what Jesus actually said"?

Again, what do you care? You're an atheist.

Nothing matters if you don't believe in God. Nothing.
These are just the types of replies that you are prone to which marks you as a closed minded fanatic. You offer nothing in the way of evidence or support other than your own word. You should know that your word counts for zilch on this forum especially since you admit to hearing voices and to bigotry.
20-03-2013, 01:35 PM

(20-03-2013 11:30 AM)KVron Wrote:  
Quote: For all the reasons you just gave, I wrote the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. I took the five Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and the Gospel of Thomas,
Why Thomas? Why not Judas and/or James?

Do you agree with this?

Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."
Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven" (Thomas:114).

What does that mean? Is this what you'll be preaching? No

That one is not in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. The closest thing to it is this:

When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer, and the outer like the inner, and when you make the upper like the lower, and the male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female a female. When you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter the kingdom of God. (VGJC 7:24)

I don't give reasons for why some things are in the VGJC and others are not. My only "reason" is always the same: The Holy Spirit led me to do it, or not do it. And that's the truth.

Why five Gospels and not all the others, too? See above.
Why isn't verse 114 in there? See above.
20-03-2013, 01:43 PM

(20-03-2013 01:34 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  These are just the types of replies that you are prone to which marks you as a closed minded fanatic. You offer nothing in the way of evidence or support other than your own word. You should know that your word counts for zilch on this forum especially since you admit to hearing voices and to bigotry.

So?

Atheists demand God bow down to them. Naturally, you're going to expect me to do what you like, as well.

Ain't happenin.

I don't care how bigotted I sound, and I am a fanatic and a fundamentalist.