My fifth video is up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: My fifth video is up
(20-03-2013 01:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-03-2013 11:11 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Outside of ancient works of men [with obvious agenda], how do you know "Satan hates human beings"? What if it was propoganda to keep people from the actual truth of "Lucifer, the Light Bringer"?

What do you care? You're an atheist. You're going to have to start living like one.

(20-03-2013 10:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  how do you even come to a place where you can even KNOW "what Jesus actually said"?

Again, what do you care? You're an atheist.

Nothing matters if you don't believe in God. Nothing.

What you are failing to grasp here is the point of the questions. It's called a thought experiment, to take these questions and give them a moments consideration without completely dismissing them outright.

You are correct, he doesn't care. The charge he makes is for you to actually start turning any logical gears you may have left in your brain and toss these questions in, see if they grind.

Even Jesus called us to question everything, to seek truth. You seem to have taken yourown weird interpretation and run with it so fast and hard that you've failed to stop and ponder the real world anymore.

You want to believe some crazy shit? That's fine by me, but we're just trying to understand so we can help filter out some of the crazy in the world if we can. And right now you're bringing the crazy pretty hard.

The holy spirit told me so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
20-03-2013, 11:02 PM

(20-03-2013 04:14 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  All I see is a man angry with how the world is, so he creates his own fantasy world.

You want me to be an angry man. Watch my videos. Do I look angry to you?

(20-03-2013 04:33 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  So yeah, . . . I require much more than "the mere words of some other humans".

Well, good luck with that.

(20-03-2013 04:36 PM)DeavonReye Wrote:  F Censored ck!!!!!! Ohmy

That's right--no one. Because if there was, I would have found them by now. Maybe Veridicanism will be a beacon, and I'll find them that way, but as it stands. I am the closest human being to Christ alive in the world today. Sadly, that's not saying much.

(20-03-2013 04:52 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  So yes, psychotic individuals are surely capable of wonderful things,

No, see that's what I'm talking about. You think you know something, but you don't. If you spent any time at all with psychotic patients, you would know they aren't capable of anything. They have to be locked up, and every aspect of their life has to be controlled. Some draw pictures, and you know what? All the pictures are the same: cartoon demonic images.

You think you know something, but you don't. Do ya think you could trust me on that one--given that I am somewhat of an expert in the field?

(20-03-2013 06:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't know that Jesus teaches us anything. There is no supporting evidence or data that he said or did any of those things.
I don't accept authority without evidence.

You have no evidence.

You don't know much about the historical method of verification then do you? You should watch some of the Yale classes they have on YouTube about the New Testament. There you have an expert, who acts like an atheist anyway, teaching you for free from an Ivy League college. But you won't do that will you? If Richard Dawkins doesn't say it you don't have much care for it--isn't that right?

(20-03-2013 07:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The holy spirit told me so.

You're new to this discussion so I'm not going to outright ignore you. In the future, if you want a response, show a little respect. When I scan a post and decide to respond or not, I look for crap like that and if it's there, I move on as soon as I read it.

Just sayin...for future reference. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 11:21 PM
"what do you care? You're an atheist."

When I scan a post and decide to respond or not, I look for crap like that and if it's there, I tend to call out hypocrisy and narrow mindedness when I see it. Sorry for the jab at the end, but it seemed to fit well with the vibe of the thread. You do tend to create friction.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
21-03-2013, 12:43 AM
(20-03-2013 11:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-03-2013 07:43 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The holy spirit told me so.

You're new to this discussion so I'm not going to outright ignore you. In the future, if you want a response, show a little respect. When I scan a post and decide to respond or not, I look for crap like that and if it's there, I move on as soon as I read it.

Just sayin...for future reference. Yes

Uh, wait. Didn't the holy spook guide you to your revelations, lead you to writing the VGJC? Aren't you denying evenheathen the same opportunity to claim guidance fromt he great ghost, just like you did?

I know you're crazy, but I didn't know til now how deep your hypocrisy runs. So you're an idiotic hypocrite.

Well played; I can see now why god chose YOU for your task, because, just like all the other stupid, childish, crazy, ill-conceived, no-foresight, moronic things god has done, clearly, choosing an idiotic hypocrite as his chief spokesperson for the new new testament fits right in. Why should god stop being a moron now?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
21-03-2013, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 11:29 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(20-03-2013 04:08 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-03-2013 01:45 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Its easy to claim the Holy Spirit led you to write the VGJC, but why should we believe that claim?

Because I'm the one bringing Veridicanism to you, and if God gave me that, it's reasonable to believe He gave me the VGJC as well.

And let me throw this in, as well. I doubt there is anyone on the planet today who has the reverence for Jesus Christ that I do. I don't think anyone is as close to him as I am. There are insane hyper-religious folks, but you know I'm not insane. Even these idiots who keep telling me to seek help know I'm not insane, either that or they don't know what mentally ill is. Watch my videos, read my works, and you will come to the conclusion that no psychotic individual could do that.

That being said, if I adore Christ more than anyone else, then if God exists, and if He cares at all, you can bet He's on my side, and If God is with me--you should be with me.

I don't find your explanation to be compelling.

Anyways, I did watch a video of you or two. In the ones I watched you came across as a reasonably intelligent normal person. However some of you writings here have violent undertones which leave me wondering if you aren't some ding-danged psycho.

For me to believe you, I think your just going to have to work a miracle.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
21-03-2013, 07:27 AM
It is hard to gain any headway with a person who "knows they received a very special insight that few people have been let in on".

To this, I must offer up the words of a great man, now gone:

“How much vanity must be concealed – not too effectively at that – in order to pretend that one is the personal object of a divine plan?”
-Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great
[+] 4 users Like DeavonReye's post
21-03-2013, 09:20 AM
God always seems to choose the worst spokesperson. Egor's approach has yet to 'save' a single atheist but he just keeps at it. At least in 'Field of Dreams' the voices were right. What happens when the voices are wrong?

It's doing the same thing over and over again... and expecting... different results.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
21-03-2013, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 10:01 AM by devilsadvoc8.)
Why does an all powerful god speak to only a few? Why? Why does god need a spokesman at all? Just frickin appear to everyone and lay out the rules plain and simple without all the ancient interpretation and bias that happened to the "good book" over the centuries. Certainly this all powerful all knowing entity could appear in front of everyone of us and be clear on : sin, marriage, homosexuality, abortion, birth control, etc. Doing so would certainly cut down on those acting falsely in god's name. Shit, maybe they could give us a few hints on how to be more efficient with our resources, how to fend of a meteor from wiping all off their "favored" children out, how to cure AIDS, etc. If you believe PJ and the other apologists, god once outlined great troves of knowledge in the bible about the nature of the earth and germ theory. The precedent is there so lets have at it again for your favorites, huh god?

Unless, there is no god and it just some charlatans out there claiming "direct contact"in order to gain power/money/fame or its the result of a mental imbalance.

***cue the apologist response of "god disn't give things away, you have to earn them through faith" despite that being in direct conflict with precedence in the "infallible bible" and the passages claiming that prayer will get you what you want.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
21-03-2013, 10:37 AM
I guess what irks me a bit, egor, is that your approach is so unoriginal. You seem sincere enough in your belief, but don't at all come off like a true prophet.

You show up here all set up with a shiny new printed doctrine, a fun new twist on the standard old christianity. A slick set of you tube videos. You've put your work in, I'll give you that.

But what have you shown us that's compelling enough to warrant a second look from a bunch of sceptics? Your tactics are a bit to much like, oh, I don't know, L. Ron Hubbard or Joseph Smith. Then again, I suppose they were successful enough. I wonder, are you receiving tithes yet?

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
21-03-2013, 11:04 AM
(21-03-2013 10:37 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  But what have you shown us that's compelling enough to warrant a second look from a bunch of sceptics? Your tactics are a bit to much like, oh, I don't know, L. Ron Hubbard or Joseph Smith. Then again, I suppose they were successful enough. I wonder, are you receiving tithes yet?
Haha, Egor = Joseph Smith. LOL.

Soon, he'll be marrying dozens of teen-aged girls. Now I see his grand plan...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  J W's anti masturbation video in sigh language. dancefortwo 29 690 06-08-2014 10:33 PM
Last Post: Bible Belt Brawler
  Oh what the heck...Here is a video of mine too! Shadow Fox 3 128 23-05-2014 03:25 AM
Last Post: Mark Fulton
  Facepalm video Luke_Atheist 1 62 17-04-2014 03:00 PM
Last Post: Mat0816
  Creationist Video Claims Magic Is The Work of The Devil WindyCityJazz 19 333 01-04-2014 11:33 AM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Looking for Seth's Video Human Being 5 144 16-03-2014 09:41 PM
Last Post: evenheathen
  Best atheist video of all time donotwant 7 309 15-03-2014 02:45 PM
Last Post: Impulse
  Another awesome video (sarcasm) KiltedAtheist 1 136 06-12-2013 12:20 PM
Last Post: DLJ