My finest example of pure high school Bs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2012, 09:23 PM
My finest example of pure high school Bs.
Drama always sprouts on social networking.

My friends and I went to our school's winter formal this Saturday. And all I can say is that I'm appalled by the girls that represent our school. Dirty dancing was expected, but if you saw what I saw, you'd honestly think it could've turned into a big orgy. I go to a school with the common name of Smiths Station. The reputation of our school isn't good. But neither are the reputations of the surrounded schools. Central is full of blacks, and we call it ghetto. Russell County's full of country assholes, so we call it redneck. This Saturday, I realize how my school got the reputation and nickname it has. I guess they call it Slut Station for a reason.

I get home the next day, and as facebook says "What's on your mind", I post a status about what I thought about the winter formal. The winter formal wasn't even a formal. It was a grinding fest, a herpes convention. Half an hour after I posted that, some whiny cheerleader in my grade comments on it with her opinions on dirty dancing. I never said I couldn't tolerate dirty dancing, because I expected that to occur at the formal (even though it was a FORMAL<--- Key word being FORMAL.) But what was occurring at that formal was much more, and much worse than just dirty dancing. It was pure vulgarity.

After the whole confrontation of her insulting me (I did not insult her- I simply argued my perspective by saying that I never specified any cheerleaders; those her participated in the formal orgy know who they are, so they know who I'm talking about obviously. If they didn't participate, I've obviously not talking about them.) I deleted the comment so no one could further stalk the conversation. I have about 950 facebook friends- all of them living around my area, and going to several schools I'm familiar with. Word was gonna get around, and people were bound to want to know what happened.

I did not post the status because I wanted to start drama, even though I knew that if a cheerleader saw it and confronted me about it, some things were bound to happen. I posted it because simply, I say what's on my mind. Offensive or not. I did apologize to the few who were offended, but spoke to my politely. Those that were rude-- I don't care. 10 years from now, we'll all have lives, jobs, and if we're productive with our lives, places of our own to live. Maybe even states away. Morale: 10 years from now, high school will mean partially nothing. We'll all have lives, jobs, and if we're productive with our lives, we'll be living in our own places. Probably even states away. None of them will mean a thing, nor exist in my life when the real world hits. So why care?

When you're young, speak your mind. Whether it works out in your favor or not.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2012, 09:33 PM
RE: My finest example of pure high school Bs.
Damn, I went to High School 35 years too soon.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I want to graduate already.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
22-01-2012, 10:04 PM
(22-01-2012 09:45 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I want to graduate already.

Why? You think it's gonna be different at University? Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-01-2012, 10:18 PM
At least at university they'll be grown adults. When you have 15 and 16 year olds literally having sex, but clothed-

Just no.
22-01-2012, 10:19 PM
High school is a complete joke in the US. It is a popularity contest wrapped around the false assumption that learning is taking place. Get what you can out of it and leave the social scene to the sad saps who will do nothing more than remember it as the "time of their lives" 20 years from now. Stop complaining about it and don't take anything the egotistic say seriously. It won't matter in the end because the amount of times they got laid in High School won't be a question on their McDonald's application.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
22-01-2012, 10:20 PM
(22-01-2012 10:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why? You think it's gonna be different at University? Wink

University? Someone's a Canadian.

I'm curious. How does a person defend dirty dancing, aka teenagers dry humping each other? Is it an expression of personal freedoms?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
22-01-2012, 10:21 PM
(22-01-2012 10:20 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 10:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why? You think it's gonna be different at University? Wink

University? Someone's a Canadian.

I'm curious. How does a person defend dirty dancing, aka teenagers dry humping each other? Is it an expression of personal freedoms?

It is an expression of sexual frustration

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
22-01-2012, 10:26 PM
I guess I'm one of the few that's taking the education seriously in high school. Looks can get you places- rarely (modeling careers are sketchy) but they usually end up under their boss's desks anyways.
22-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Fuck modeling and fuck scraping by on your "looks." Get your education and to hell with the rest. No one is going to not give you a job because you weren't slutty enough in high school.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post