My first book - Kindred Lives

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2015, 05:34 PM
My first book - Kindred Lives
I've been a writer my entire life and this is my first book. I've written lots of short stories and have ideas for movies and scripts all the time, but never took any steps to make those a reality. When starting a book, some would say, write what you know best and I think that's a great place to start.

I've always loved comic books and Superman has naturally been a favorite of mine, but this book isn't about him. This book incorporates many elements of my own personal life, dreams I've had over the years about having powers and my own imagination delving into ideas that are often uncomfortable to write about.

This book is based around the character of Jason Todd. Jason Todd was the second Robin of the Batman & Robin series. The beginnings of his fictional life in comic books has been retold several different times, changing how he met Batman and often changing his personality and looks.

In this book, I want to take you through, not only an alternate version of Jason's life as Robin, but extend it into and make it a part of, my own original character called Kindred. He's as powerful a character as I can envision and yet still has a vulnerable side.

This book contains adult themes and many sexual encounters, that may at times, be uncomfortable to read. There are elements of love, rage and abuse of power. I also enjoy writing stories that contain elements of karma and justified revenge. Included within the story are tasteful nudes and others that are more adult based.

Given that this is the internet and all of the pictures presented can easily be searched for, I don't feel that I am presenting something that can't be found elsewhere.

If you're interested in reading, the link is provided below for the first 10 chapters

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G2ap...sp=sharing

Any feedback is welcome.
There will be some spelling errors because my spell checker isn't working properly.
Ignore them for now. They will be fixed in time.

That said, I hope you enjoy the read.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Rahn127's post
28-05-2015, 03:28 PM
RE: My first book - Kindred Lives
Spell checking errors have been fixed and now I have up to 34 chapters available.

Also added a fan page on facebook for anyone who would like to like it.

https://www.facebook.com/kindredlives

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
29-05-2015, 01:01 AM
Good luck!
My first book was a flop.
I upset atheists and theists alike
Hope you got your marketing right!
29-05-2015, 02:28 AM
So far no real marketing planned right now because it's a fan fiction book that I can't currently charge money for because of the contents contain characters from DC comics (Batman, Superman, etc).

But when Kindle Worlds makes a deal with DC, which I'm expecting this year, then I can market properly.

Right now, I'm simply giving people I hang out with online a first glimpse and hopefully get some positive feedback.

08-06-2015, 05:05 PM
All 60 chapters now available online with an index to each chapter section so you can more easily get back to where you were.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p2UV...sp=sharing

[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
08-06-2015, 05:14 PM
I wish you success! The genre isn't my cup of tea but I do hope that it goes well for you. Good for you for doing something like that. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-06-2015, 07:51 PM
(08-06-2015 05:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I wish you success! The genre isn't my cup of tea but I do hope that it goes well for you. Good for you for doing something like that. Thumbsup

Thank you so much.

I have plans to make this a multi-media experience versus just a book.
Given that we are online, I can add in short audio clips, music videos that can be viewed before reading a chapter so that the music can give you a feel for where the chapter is going or even a music selection for listening to while you read a chapter.

I really hope to create a new style of book reading experience.

10-08-2015, 09:11 PM
If anyone has read part of my book, any feedback would be appreciated.

14-04-2016, 07:41 PM
I've been tweaking chapters here and there as I self edit and look for inconsistencies.
Also been giving some time to the over all plot and if some powers have been explained well enough.
I've also started the prequel to this book and so far have been uninspired to write very much.

And this is also a shameless plug to put my book in front of other users here on the forum that might be looking for a good adult themed superhero fan fiction in the DC universe.

15-04-2016, 08:44 AM
Starting it now Smile Is your name really Clarion Raye??? Gotta be a pen name right?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.