My first book - Kindred Lives

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: My first book - Kindred Lives
Yes, a pen name.
I didn't think my real name was cool enough.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2016, 12:34 PM
I just found this thread. Give me a day to get into this.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
08-05-2016, 02:29 PM
hmm, okay. Its definitely readable, but I feel as if the sentences are too blocky. "I did this. I did that." Variation, maybe? Also I found it to be a more enjoyable medium when I read it aloud, maybe an audio format might be good.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
09-05-2016, 01:27 AM
Is this book available for purchase? I dislike reading books written by living authors for free. Same with music.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-05-2016, 02:15 AM
Because it contains characters like Batman & Superman, I cannot currently charge money due to copy rights.

There is a chance however that Kindle worlds may make a deal with DC to allow works of fan fiction to be sold for a price. When that deal goes through, then I can legally sell it. For now though, it's free to read online.

The book is written as a kind of auto biography style, so if the "I did this and I did that " is annoying to you, then this might not be the book for you.

I have thought about the audio book route and how cool it would be to get all those voices , but again, those voice actors would probably expect to get paid.
Hard to get paid on something offered for free.

Banjo - if you like, you can tip any waiter an extra dollar and that will be my payment. You may also think of me as being dead if it helps your reading enjoyment Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
09-05-2016, 02:19 AM
(09-05-2016 02:15 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Banjo - if you like, you can tip any waiter an extra dollar and that will be my payment. You may also think of me as being dead if it helps your reading enjoyment Smile

I won't do that. It would simply make me sad.

I shall read it tomorrow upon return from hospital if up to it. If not I shall read it on Wednesday. I wish to give it my full attention. Something not possible now due to medication.

I am looking forward to it. And good luck! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Atothetheist - I re-read page one of the book and I think you might be right.
I took a look at some pages of other autobiographies and I think I see where I can make some changes.

Thank you for the observation and critique. It's always my hope to make the book better with time.
I also discovered that I put down the wrong e-mail address for people to send me any reviews on the chapters they've read.

I know it needs some polishing before it can shine.

04-10-2016, 04:21 PM
I recently also modified the ages of a couple characters that more accurately dovetails my own experience.

One of the chapters tries to address the issue of ageism.

When you have one person who is 18 and another who is older than 18, at what point do you find it uncomfortable when you read about the two of them together ?

Male 18 Female 25
Female 18 Male 25
(Do you see a difference between these two sets ?)

Male 18 Female 35
Female 18 Male 35
(What about this set ?)

04-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Cougars all the way!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-11-2016, 12:02 AM
I finally have a Patreon page set up for my book "Kindred Lives"

https://www.patreon.com/kindredlives

The first 7 chapters are free for anyone to read.
If you've liked what you read and would like to read more, becoming a patron only costs $1.00

Now that you're a patron, you get access to chapters 8-13.
If you want to take one last step, it will only cost one more dollar for chapters 14-24.

As a reward for your patronage and your $2.00, the last chapters (25-60) are also free.

600 pages, 60 chapters for $2.00
You can't beat a deal like that.

Everyone here already has access to all 60 chapters via my facebook links, but I wanted to post this for others who might be interested in creating a Patreon page for their own books.

I still have two more books to write and both will be on Patreon.

I am also using Patreon as a way to fund a personal charity of mine. Three years ago, I lost my home due to financial reasons.
Since then I have wanted to start a charity that will help people who have lost their homes due to fire or other financial reasons.
I am hoping that Patreon and You Tube will give me the platform to accomplish my goals.

If any of you would like to donate a $1.00 or $2.00, it would be much appreciated.