My first book - Kindred Lives

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2017, 07:32 AM
RE: My first book - Kindred Lives
Shameless plug for my book on my birthday.

Smile

I am the new 52 today (January 27th)

I finally have a Patreon page set up for my book "Kindred Lives"

https://www.patreon.com/kindredlives

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2017, 07:47 PM
After all this time, I finally got a comment on my book from a woman in Australia.

Her name is Margaret and she said
"Very good at creating the setting & mood. Would have liked to get into Bruce's head a bit more - tho that's not the storyline is it.
Well done - Well written"

I usually get 5-10 hits a week from people who look at my page on Facebook, but lately I was getting 10 a day.

I've been excited all evening to simply get someone who enjoyed reading it.

For those of you who have written a book, how excited were you with your first written reply from someone ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
29-09-2017, 03:12 AM
Have you sent any of this out to publishers at all? Might be worth looking into if you're getting some serious views/comments back.

I have an "idea" or two for a book I'd like to write, although my grammar is horrendous at times, so don't really feel like I could manage to write to a "professional" standard.

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
30-09-2017, 05:37 AM
Currently it's self published in two locations.

I have a free version on Google docs with a Facebook page containing links to the docs page.
I also have it on Patreon with various chapters free and other chapters that must be paid for.

I haven't sent any of my work to publishers because a fair number of chapters contain characters from the DC Universe and as such, are copy written.

I'm fairly certain a professional publisher wouldn't be able to do anything with it because of the copy written material.