My first job interview help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 02:29 PM
My first job interview help
So first college, then my phone wakes me up at 8am this morning, and a place I put in an application to not even a week ago calls and asks me if I'm available for an interview Tuesday at 9am. Of course I said yes, but I was very surprised. I literally only put in the application last week.

This is my first ever interview though because I am 18 and have always been unemployed because my employment game is really slack (means it sucks and my luck is that of a broom.) So I have no idea what to expect. I'm really nervous and paranoid about what to do, wear, say etc.

I might as well say I'm altogether a very nervous and paranoid person irl.

If all goes accordingly, I'll be working at a place called Chipotle, where I'll make burritos for the ginormous herds of Nike shorts-wearing white girls that storm the premisis on a daily basis. If I do get this job, I'll be pretty excited to actually finally start working, but I'll immediately have to start paying my mom around $90 monthly (an intro to bill paying/ making up for what we'll lose when I start working bc we receive stuff from the government bc we are lower middle class bums) which is a bummer.

Weeping

Any advice on how not to be a nervous turd when I attend my interview?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: My first job interview help
I always did my interviews drunk but YMMV.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-08-2014, 02:38 PM
(16-08-2014 02:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I always did my interviews drunk but YMMV.

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME AN EMOTIONAL WRECK. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
16-08-2014, 02:38 PM
The best thing to remember is when they ask you at the end if you have any questions to have a couple questions. Appear as interested as you can. Nice slacks and top are fine. Do some research about the company so you know what youre walking into. Smile

I always try to think of the interview as they have to prove they are good enough to have me as an employee. Helps with the nerves a bit.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Congrats! As far as the interview goes, I'd say look up interview questions so you can practice what you want to say. If you're not the best at speaking, I would practice answering verbally instead of just mentally. You might still be nervous but at least they won't be able to throw you off so easy.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
16-08-2014, 02:43 PM
They'll ask you questions like "what are youre top three strengths and weaknesses"

Make those weaknesses actually positives like

"Well, I do tend to be a perfectionist wanting to get things done right the first time" or something along those lines.
16-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Show up early and be polite. Those 2 things will get you the job.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-08-2014, 02:50 PM
(16-08-2014 02:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Show up early and be polite. Those 2 things will get you the job.

How much earlier?
16-08-2014, 02:56 PM
You pretty much have the job. Just don't take a crap on the floor or something like that. Go in and be yourself.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
16-08-2014, 03:07 PM
(16-08-2014 02:50 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 02:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Show up early and be polite. Those 2 things will get you the job.

How much earlier?

15-20 minutes. Don't look like you are just there to hang out. Show up neatly dressed and bring your own pen (little things like that look good) be very polite (Yes Sir and Yes Ma'am) the fact that you got a call back means you basically have this job already.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post