My first job interview help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: My first job interview help
Most places don't want you to show up too early as they have things scheduled for a reason.

Be polite and friendly.

Look up some tips online for interviewing. Some things are cliche' and interviewers don't want to hear them any more. Remember that the work you are interviewing for is customer service related so they will probably want to know how you handle stressful situations.

Let them know that you are eager to work and willing to learn and would be thankful for the opportunity.

Smile! Thank them when you are done.

You got this.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-08-2014, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 03:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-08-2014 02:38 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 02:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I always did my interviews drunk but YMMV.

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME AN EMOTIONAL WRECK. Tongue

Sorry. Forgot that you weren't a real boy. Chipotle is an excellent company to work for (mainly because unlike say Papa Johns, the owner ain't a goddam prick) and the fact you got a callback so quick means they are short-staffed. So the best advice I can give you is make sure you don't stink. That's cost me more than one job.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-08-2014, 03:56 PM
They will need your ID and your social security card. Can't work legally without them.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-08-2014, 03:59 PM
(16-08-2014 03:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They will need your ID and your social security card. Can't work legally without them.

I don't think that's right. Never had to show my SS card, hell I don't think I've ever even seen it. Just had to know my SSN.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-08-2014, 04:01 PM
(16-08-2014 03:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 03:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They will need your ID and your social security card. Can't work legally without them.

I don't think that's right. Never had to show my SS card, hell I don't think I've ever even seen it. Just had to know my SSN.

Things have changed Girly. Have to have ID to complete the I-9.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-08-2014, 04:05 PM
(16-08-2014 03:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

SS card? HES A NAZI! LETS GET 'EM!
16-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Advise for job interviews? Hmmm. I'm not exactly Mr. Professional so I don't really know what I've done in interviews to get hired. I'd say relax and try to be (or at least seem) confident. Beyond that I got nothing.
16-08-2014, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 04:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-08-2014 04:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 03:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't think that's right. Never had to show my SS card, hell I don't think I've ever even seen it. Just had to know my SSN.

Things have changed Girly. Have to have ID to complete the I-9.

Oh my dear fuck. What the hell have we become. I can prove my identity but I don't possess the requisite documentation to establish employment eligibility. Are we really that afraid of Chico? What the hell have we become. Oh my dear fuck.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-08-2014, 04:32 PM
When I hire people, I look for at least khakis and a polo. Dockers not cargos.

I second showing up a little early and being polite

They've got your application so they know you've never worked anywhere. I'm sure whoever interviews you will understand if you're nervous.

I'd be prepared to answer questions like what interested you in this position, what can you bring to this location, they may ask about your lack of employment. Always put a positive spin on everything. You were focused on your studies, I'm reliable yadda yadda you get the point Smile

But yeah, you've probably already got the job. As long as you don't show up brain dead, I'm sure you'll get it.
[+] 2 users Like MrsFarrow's post
16-08-2014, 04:35 PM
I have black dress pants, and a nice maroon tank top that I'm wearing with a mid sleeve grey cardigan. I don't want to be one of those people that over dresses, but I still want to look neat and appropriate. I also always have my ID and SS card on me.

Still very nervous. I'm really hoping nothing goes wrong or they send me away for anything. Tomorrow I'm going to call and ask about their regulations on tattoos, piercings, etc. because I failed to do so when I received the call this morning because I was so tired.