My first job interview help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 04:38 PM
RE: My first job interview help
(16-08-2014 04:35 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I have black dress pants, and a nice maroon tank top that I'm wearing with a mid sleeve grey cardigan. I don't want to be one of those people that over dresses, but I still want to look neat and appropriate. I also always have my ID and SS card on me.

Still very nervous. I'm really hoping nothing goes wrong or they send me away for anything. Tomorrow I'm going to call and ask about their regulations on tattoos, piercings, etc. because I failed to do so when I received the call this morning because I was so tired.

I wouldn't ask about the tattoo. They will have a dress code. If you have to cover the tatt, there are ways to do that.

It's a food establishment, maybe braid your hair or something since you are going to have to tie it back to work there.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-08-2014, 04:43 PM
(16-08-2014 04:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:35 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I have black dress pants, and a nice maroon tank top that I'm wearing with a mid sleeve grey cardigan. I don't want to be one of those people that over dresses, but I still want to look neat and appropriate. I also always have my ID and SS card on me.

Still very nervous. I'm really hoping nothing goes wrong or they send me away for anything. Tomorrow I'm going to call and ask about their regulations on tattoos, piercings, etc. because I failed to do so when I received the call this morning because I was so tired.

I wouldn't ask about the tattoo. They will have a dress code. If you have to cover the tatt, there are ways to do that.

It's a food establishment, maybe braid your hair or something since you are going to have to tie it back to work there.

Okay good. And I won't. It's a small tattoo and it isn't anything offensive so hopefully it's not a big deal...
16-08-2014, 04:49 PM
(16-08-2014 04:43 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I wouldn't ask about the tattoo. They will have a dress code. If you have to cover the tatt, there are ways to do that.

Okay good. And I won't. It's a small tattoo and it isn't anything offensive so hopefully it's not a big deal...

Are you able to hide it? I'm a hiring manager and I'm covered in tattoos, but all are able to be hidden with a long sleeved shirt.

Chipotle seems fairly "hip", I don't see why they wouldn't allow it, but definitely don't ask immediately. Most of the time they'll go over that on their own.
[+] 2 users Like MrsFarrow's post
16-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Sweet! Smile
Be yourself, be neat and presentable, mannerly, shake hands upon entering, make eye contact, don't squirm in your chair, cross ankles - not knees, hands comfortably on arm rests or in lap - no clenched fists, relax... YOU BELONG THERE... or they wouldn't have called you. Listen to what they say and respond to their questions honestly and briefly and yes, smile - think about us if it makes you smile - no wait, fuck that - think about good shit - resist the urge to say shit and/or fuck at all costs. If you must scream, do it inside your mind - otherwise, it's just weird. At some point, they will ask you if you have any questions, just to see how on the ball you might be. You might ask about their ability to schedule around your schooling, ask about health insurance, and don't forget to ask about your pay rate. Shake hands again upon exiting, while thanking them for the opportunity to meet.

When you get this job, you will be one of 45,000 employees of a company with a net income of $327.4 million as of last year and yet, you will smell like mexican food when your work day is complete. Consider it a trade off for the paycheck.

Looks like that car may be getting closer a lot quicker than you expected, Ferdi. You'll do fine. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
16-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Watch this Ferdi Smile

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
16-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Wow thank you all so much for the advice. Now that I have an idea of how things will be and what to expect, I'm not as anxious as before, and I'm feeling a little more confident.

And I really do hope that car is close, Kim. I can almost smell it... "New" most likely used car. Big Grin

I'm saving the majority of my paychecks for that car until I can actually get it. What is left from my pell grant I got for college, which is around $2,000 after paying for my first two semesters, is going towards my car as well. I want a Honda!

I have my interview at 9:30 that morning, and my first college class three hours later at noon. I am very excited, but it's a lot. I feel like life is throwing everything at me at once. I guess I keep swinging the bat anyways.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
16-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Welcome to adult life Ferdi! Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

16-08-2014, 05:19 PM
(16-08-2014 05:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Welcome to adult life Ferdi! Heart

Weeping

At least at this rate I can probably save up for a short little road trip to Texas to say hello to my forum mom.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
16-08-2014, 05:20 PM
(16-08-2014 05:19 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 05:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Welcome to adult life Ferdi! Heart

Weeping

At least at this rate I can probably save up for a short little road trip to Texas to say hello to my forum mom.

Big Grin

The door is always open for you!

16-08-2014, 05:24 PM
(16-08-2014 05:13 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I am very excited, but it's a lot. I feel like life is throwing everything at me at once. I guess I keep swinging the bat anyways.
Smile

Whatever happens - if things do or don't happen - don't stress. Just kind of roll with it - it keeps you on your toes. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post